HFWF OT X8: Hollywood Falco Lombardi vs. BonMorrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I mean the fact that Aho even signed it shows that he wouldn't have minded playing in Montreal.....I've always felt that offer sheets are flying left and right, every summer. We just don't hear about them because the player (usually) doesn't bother signing them.

Hockey "insiders" were going into full-on hysteria mode leading up to this offseason, though, given the calibre of RFA available, and now that there's been one quasi-successful offer sheet signing with many RFAs still out there, there's no end in sight.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I dunno if he signed it thinking he would be fine playing in Montreal (though he should be. It's a beautiful city with so much history - both on and off the ice) but it's entirely possible he signed it knowing it was the dollar amount he wanted AND was pretty confident Carolina would match.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I always took players signing offer sheets more as a way to force their teams hands than actually changes teams tbh. When Weber signed that offer sheet, it was very obvious he wanted to stay in Nashville.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think he didn’t care. He just wanted the contract he had his heart set on and we were willing to give it to him (5 years also kind of lined up with when Price would start to decline most likely).

Kotkaniemi, Armia and Lehkonen in the dressing room wouldn’t have hurt either.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I always took players signing offer sheets more as a way to force their teams hands than actually changes teams tbh. When Weber signed that offer sheet, it was very obvious he wanted to stay in Nashville.

Same. It's a tool for the players to use to get what they want more than it is a tool for teams to poach players.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I need a boat and a cottage.

Or a pool. I’ll settle for a pool.

I guess I will just stick with my depressing post theme. I grew up with a pool then we lost our home in 2008, come to find out the person who bought it from the bank FILLED IN the pool with dirt. :(

On a happy note, GF's mom is recovering well and doing better. And I have tomorrow and Friday off so just need to get through todaaaaaay.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Honestly really good birthday yesterday. My girl got me a hockey stick and my family got me Ray Bans, Gear S3, White Sox hat, sandals I desperately needed but too lazy to buy. Just real good real good Jimbo

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
* @PeterSidorkiewicz enters the thread. Says anything.

Debbie-Downer-300x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad