HFVan Hockey League 2019/20 (1 Team Available - Apply Inside!)

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Unfortunately, I have some bad news about the future of this league. I know the summer is usually pretty quiet in terms of activity, but given how much quieter the thread and Discord have been this year, I suspect that at least a few teams are going to need replacement GMs before the start of next season. I've been pretty swamped with school and work stuff this year and this has made keeping up with the league very difficult at times. I'm going to be taking on a heavier course load this fall and I expect that the little bit of free time I had for running this league is going to evaporate. Having to search for a handful of new GMs on top of getting the league ready for next season is just something I won't have the time, energy, or desire to do.

When PG Canuck and I started this league in 2017, I really believed that it could last for years to come. Given how much work we've all put into making this league what it is, it seems like a shame to shut it all down. I know many of you are proud of the teams you've built and wouldn't be too keen on throwing that all away either.

I see two options going forward:
  • If anyone wants to volunteer to take over as commissioner, I will gladly assist in handing everything over.
  • Otherwise, I may just set up Pickuphockey with the rosters we have and see how the season unfolds. I just can't commit to keeping the sheets and Pickup updated throughout the year, but at least it's something. If my schedule opens up again in the future, maybe the league can resume whenever that happens.
I'm very sorry that it's come to this. As I said above, I really wanted this to work out and I thought that this league would thrive for many years. Hopefully we can figure something out that avoids the worst case scenario.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It´s a bad day(s) when this league shows signs of dying while at the same time Benning gets extended.

I am not active enough or knowledgable enough to run a league like this, but if there are pure administrative tasks I can help with, e.g. updating sheets, to ease the burden a bit I am more than happy to do so.

Obviously we will never find 31 GMs that will forever engage in playing this league, but I do believe we have a solid core of GMs now. Would be a shame if it all died away.

Canucklehead19

Jun 20, 2018
Victoria
I also would like to offer my services! I will Dido what Havre said! I do not have the experience or knowledge to make the tough calls being new to the league, but I like the suggestion on breaking down the administrative load I would be willing to take something like that on! I also have A few buddies that may jump at the opportunity to manage A team, I have got lots of interest in the past.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
If you're still interested in the league, please shoot me a Discord message or PM. Doing an activity check before handing the keys over.

Reactions: Dabeast

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone who offered to step up and contribute to keep this league afloat. The response was incredible and I sincerely appreciate your dedication to the league. I'm very relieved to say that we have a solution that will allow the league to continue.

Maticus, Weylspin, and Wush have graciously offered to take over as co-commissioners. Given that they've all been incredibly active since joining and have contributed to administrative duties in one form or another in the past, I think we can all agree that they're up to the task.

Again, thank you to everyone who offered their help. This league has worked so well for the past two years because of the great community we have here. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming season!

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
SIGNINGS:

:coyotes Sign F Garrett Wilson to a 1x$750k contract

F Tomas Nosek to a 2x$1.25m contract

D Kevin Gravel to a 1x$700k contract

D Chris Wideman to a 1x$700k contract

:caps Sign F Derick Brassard to a 2x$2.25m contract

D Nik Hjalmersson to a 1x$1.3m contract

:isles Sign D Danny Dekeyser to a 2x$950k contract

:bolts Sign D Nick Perbix to a 3x$800k ELC

:pens Re-sign F Chris Kreider to a 6x$6.25m contract

F Brayden Schenn to a 5x$6.7m contract

D Ryan Pulock to a 6x$4.7m contract

...I’m still here Chief

Maticus

Nov 19, 2009
Jacksonville
With the 2019-2020 season approaching, GMs may now start submitting their active rosters in the thread. Just a reminder that the roster limits are 14 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 2 goalies, for a total of 23 players (so either 13/8/2 or 14/7/2).

At minimum, you must be able to dress 18 skaters and 2 goaltenders. Additionally, your active roster must put your team within the cap range of $60.2M - $81.5M.

Any teams that fail to meet the above requirements will face draft pick penalties, and/or a loss of pool points. If it continues to be a problem, you will be fired.

The waiver wire will open on Friday, September 27th. Any waiver-eligible players sitting in the minors will be automatically placed on waivers for any team to claim. Waiver order based on last year's standings. Claiming a player moves you to the bottom of the list. The list will reset at the start of every month. If you need a reminder of the waiver eligibility rules, they can be found below as well as in the CBA (Section 3.5).

The waiver exemption thresholds are as follows:
21 years and younger - 180 NHL Games Played
22 to 24 - 80 NHL Games Played
25 years and older - 1 full season under contract

If you're unsure of a specific player's waiver eligibility, don't hesitate to ask.

Here's an example of how the rosters should be submitted.

:pens
Chris Kreider - Ryan Johansen - Anthony Mantha
Jake Debrusk - Brayden Schenn - Mikael Granlund
Tyler Bertuzzi - Jean-Gabriel Pageau - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Artturi Lehkonen - Joel Eriksson Ek - Saku Maenalanen
Mason Appleton

Will Butcher - Ryan Pulock
Jonas Brodin - Brandon Montour
John Moore - Kevin Shattenkirk
Patrik Nemeth, Roman Polak

Robin Lehner
Devan Dubnyk​

Also, HFVHL has implemented new rules during the offseason, I've listed them below.

1) Minimum of 900 total GP required per season. Draft pick fine depending on how far away from the limit a team is.
2) All NTCs (including M-NTCs) become modified no-trade clauses with 10 team trade lists (10 teams the player will waive for, not 10 teams they won't waive for) for simplicity. The NMC portion of any clauses containing NMCs will remain intact to prevent these players from going on waivers, and for the expansion draft implications.
3) Waiver order based on last year's standings. Claiming a player moves you to the bottom of the list. The list will reset at the start of every month.

Thank goodness for Toews' old posts...

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
:edmonton

Claude Giroux - John Tavares - Mikko Rantanen
Andreas Athanasiou - William Karlsson - Nick Schmaltz
Phillip Danault - Adam Henrique - Chris Tierney
Paul Byron - Andrew Copp - Carl Hagelin
Tage Thompson/Josh Leivo

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Sam Girard
Braydon Coburn - Josh Manson