HFVan Hockey League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
One more day until I plan to cut-off taking submissions for the Power Rankings. Deadline is 5pm PST on November 30th (tomorrow afternoon).

As it stands right now, I haven't received enough votes to justify continuing on with the power rankings. Really hoping there will be some last minute submissions today and early tomorrow so that we can keep this thing going.

Again, I'm only looking for each GMs top 20 franchises as it stands right now.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Against the (Kron)Wall
:wings / :nucks
p1532539054-3.jpg

The Vancouver Canucks dealt Niklas Kronwall and a 2020 2nd round pick to the Detroit Red Wings today in a cap clearing move. The Canucks received back a Conditional 5th round pick from the Wings which can be given to the Canucks at any time before the 2020 draft to the luxury of GM @Weylspin . Niklas Kronwall waived his NTC from the Champion Vancouver Canucks to the Red Wings in a puzzling move which allowed the deal to go down.

To DET: Niklas Kronwall, DET 2020 2nd round pick
To VAN: DET Conditional 2020 5th
DET has elected to send 2019 FLA 5th to VAN in order to meet the condition from this trade.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
DECK THE HALLS
:panthers / :cbj
hall_taylor-1040x572.jpg

The Florida Panthers consolidated a feverish playoff push today with a second deal, and the acquisition of superstar and Hart Trophy winner Taylor Hall. The Panthers currently sit atop the league's standing with a small lead over the Arizona Coyotes. The team has been lead in short by Nicklas Backstrom, Brent Burns, Logan Couture and Viktor Arvidsson among others. Adding Taylor Hall to the list without too much given away is a success for the Panthers in their quest for triumph. GM @ATypicalCanadian has been adamant that his team will live up to the hype and won't follow the path that it did last year, failing to make the playoffs. The main piece going to GM @Havre 's Columbus Blue Jackets was Russian winger Pavel Buchnevich, a good skilled winger who's played well this year despite injury and scratches. Adam Erne is another young forward heading to Columbus in the deal who's seen some success this year with Florida. Blake Comeau is also heading to CBJ in the deal, hopefully helping to fill out Columbus' roster considering they have failed to ice a full 19 players on multiple occasions this year. Columbus also gets a 2019 4th in the deal, the highest of the two that Florida owns. Columbus is sitting near the bottom of the league standings, so trading Hall seemed like it could happen soon, and sure enough he goes to the top team in the league so far.

To FLA:
Taylor Hall
To CBJ: Pavel Buchnevich, Adam Erne, Blake Comeau, Conditional 2019 4th
*The higher of NSH/BOS 2019 4ths goes to CBJ*​

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
:stars
Jake DeBrusk / Matthew Barzal / Alex Tuch
Oskar Lindblom / Nico Hischier / Jesper Bratt
Michael Rasmussen / Tyler Bozak / James Neal
Nikolay Goldobin / Dominik Kahun / Lawson Crouse
Stefan Noesen, Jan Kovar

Thomas Chabot / Charlie McAvoy
Jacob Larsson / Jack Johnson
Mirco Mueller / Erik Gudbranson
Patrik Nemeth

Mikko Koskinen
Petr Mrazek

(thank u toews i love u)

Reactions: ATypicalCanadian

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Asplund is still eligible for the 2019 draft. I tried to sign him earlier in the season but was told he ain’t an FA yet.

Hmmm.. Yeah, you're definitely right. I was under the assumption that all players who are 21 or older by December 31 of their draft year are ineligible, which is what Asplund would fall under.

"All players who will be 18 years old on or before September 15 and not older than 20 years old before December 31 of the draft year are eligible for selection for that year's NHL Entry Draft. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible."

But I hadn't considered that Asplund played in SHL last season, though he's playing in AHL this season.

Though, if you had previously attempted to sign him and were told no though, then in fairness and to maintain consistency, this deal would probably have to be terminated and he would have to be put back into the draft for 2019.

If toews wants to say otherwise, that's totally fine.

Sorry if there was any problem!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad