HFVan Hockey League 2018/19 Part II - Draft Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
A number of you have expressed concern with the situation that Nashville is currently in, and how difficult it may be for anyone to turn that team around in a reasonable amount of time. I'm generally not big on interfering and artificially "propping up" bad teams, but this may be an exceptional situation that we'd like to prevent from getting any worse. Some ideas have been proposed by a few of you, such as allowing Nashville one or more compliance buyouts, or granting them extra picks in the upcoming draft to offset the fact that they're without their 1st. I'm okay with taking action like this as long as it's something that most of you are comfortable with, so any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
A number of you have expressed concern with the situation that Nashville is currently in, and how difficult it may be for anyone to turn that team around in a reasonable amount of time. I'm generally not big on interfering and artificially "propping up" bad teams, but this may be an exceptional situation that we'd like to prevent from getting any worse. Some ideas have been proposed by a few of you, such as allowing Nashville one or more compliance buyouts, or granting them extra picks in the upcoming draft to offset the fact that they're without their 1st. I'm okay with taking action like this as long as it's something that most of you are comfortable with, so any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

I’m on board with helping the franchise out. Some early moves, a run of GMs and the lack of transactions last off-season and this year has really hurt the franchise as a whole.

I’m comfortable with giving (1) a compliance buyout that expires at the end of the 2018-19 regular season (or TDL if we find a replacement GM soon) and (2) a pick at the end of the 1st round in the upcoming entry draft that cannot be traded.

A free buyout and the 32nd overall pick should help steer the franchise back in the right direction.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not sure how much value there is in a buy-out. That team won't compete for some years anyway. And I'm guessing Berglund's contract could at some point be terminated in any case? Not that I would be against giving a new GM the possibility to buy someone out (for free).

I'm all for giving a new GM a pick (32nd overall is fine with me).

It's a bad team, but not completely useless (still better than me :D ). Maybe I'm wrong, but it felt like Detroit was in a worse position before Weyl took over. It is certainly possible to turn things around. And regardless of how good people are there will always be someone finishing last (the saddest part here of course is the loss of that 1st round pick).

Maticus

Nov 19, 2009
Jacksonville
I’m on board with helping the franchise out. Some early moves, a run of GMs and the lack of transactions last off-season and this year has really hurt the franchise as a whole.

I’m comfortable with giving (1) a compliance buyout that expires at the end of the 2018-19 regular season (or TDL if we find a replacement GM soon) and (2) a pick at the end of the 1st round in the upcoming entry draft that cannot be traded.

A free buyout and the 32nd overall pick should help steer the franchise back in the right direction.

What donut said.
I'm not sure how much value there is in a buy-out. That team won't compete for some years anyway. And I'm guessing Berglund's contract could at some point be terminated in any case? Not that I would be against giving a new GM the possibility to buy someone out (for free).

That Mason contract is really gross.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Good point. Didn´t look at the goalies.

Get Mason out. Berglund cancelled.

We just need a patient GM and that roster could be saved.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
WAIVERS: The Toronto Maple Leafs have claimed D Patrik Nemeth off of waivers from Dallas.
WAIVERS: The Chicago Blackhawks have claimed D Mirco Mueller off of waivers from Dallas.

Reactions: Dabeast

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Looking to flip Nemeth for a 5th, first come first serve. Playoff bound rental defender

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
STANDINGS

WEST:

Central

St. Louis - 1850.5
Winnipeg - 1773.5
Dallas - 1508

Pacific
Arizona - 2014
Los Angeles - 1859