OT: HFStars 2013-2014 Y! Fantasy

MetalGodAOD*

So I'm looking at the rules and I can't figure one thing out. When I did this several years ago, each position had a limited number of starts for the entire year.

Is that how this one is? Over the year or over a week?

Sound like you were in a Roto league, which puts a set number of starts for each position throughout the entire year (for example, 162 goalie starts for 2 goalies). Head 2 Head doesn't have that limit since you're only playing against one person in a given week.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Another question, for the lower league, goalies need to play three times in the week for their stats to count? Correct?

What if they are in my Yahoo lineup that night, but don't actually play in the NHL does that count as a start?

if your goalie actually gets in the real nhl game (be it start, replace starter after he gets shelled for 5 goals, play for 5 sec 'cause starter had an equipment issue, etc.), then it counts toward the 3 appearances requirement...

if he's just sitting on the bench for the entire nhl game, then no, that does not count.

... assuming both the relegation and champions leagues are using the same rules of course...

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Seems like they just added an option to change the page to a white background as well. They must be getting flooded with complaints.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Dunno why I only picked Grabovski in one league. I knew he was gonna thrive in Washington - hopefully he can keep this up.

I now have him in 4 of my 5 leagues, including this one :laugh:

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
varlamov loses shutout with less than 10 sec left... and roy sends out the goons... and gets into it with boudreau... but, again, more importantly, varlamov and the darn shutout...

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The schedule is doing its annoying thing lately where all the teams play one day and none of them the next.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
gin, you really swung for the fences with that proposal. It could be tempting, but it's only a week into the season. OK it may be technically two weeks, but it feels more like one week to me due to the amount of games being played.

It would really be a panic move to accept that deal right now, so I'd rather try to wade it out for a bit more time for Lundqvist to right the ship.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
gin, you really swung for the fences with that proposal. It could be tempting, but it's only a week into the season. OK it may be technically two weeks, but it feels more like one week to me due to the amount of games being played.

It would really be a panic move to accept that deal right now, so I'd rather try to wade it out for a bit more time for Lundqvist to right the ship.

As I mentioned in the proposal, it was more to see where you were at with Lundqvist patience-wise. (There doesn't seem to be a PM option within Yahoo! sports, so I effectively sent one via a wacky trade proposal.) Some might be more impatient, but it looks like you're willing to wait (as would I). FYI, I would include a skater to any deal for Henrik.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I have Bishop, Miller, and Quick. Any of the 3 are available for someone who isn't liking their goalie situation thus far.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
No need for goaltenders. I already have Howard, Dudnyk and Rämö.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'm willing to trade Thomas also, but I'd be open to trading either of my other two goalies if the trade was right. I need points, preferably from a RW or a C. Also Open to trading any of my d-men for some more forward depth.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
So... about that new IR+ slot thing...

What are people's thoughts on enabling that? I've already got more core players on IR than I have IR slots. :( :laugh:

MetalGodAOD*

I thought it was interesting too. I'd be down to replace the 2 IR slots with 2 IR+ slots. Yahoo is really annoying with IRing people.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
i'd rather introduce less of a shock and just add 1 IR+ slot. is this something that can be added mid-season like this?

iirc, it lets you put guys on "IR" if they are hurt/unavailable (e.g. "day-to-day" or "N/A") but not officially on an nhl team's ir list.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
i'd rather introduce less of a shock and just add 1 IR+ slot. is this something that can be added mid-season like this?
This is more of what I was getting at. Replacing the IR slots with IR+ slots doesn't do me much good. Although I understand if people want to keep it to just 2 injured slots to force people to make decisions on dropping players. It just seems like every year I have 3+ players injured long-term who I have no intention of dropping and it gets frustrating.

In other news they changed the page format again. Now you can tell who's playing on any given night much easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad