OT: HFStars 2013-2014 Y! Fantasy

chrissmith

Dec 6, 2006
London
On the verge of losing my third consecutive play-off match up.

Gave it a great shot all year but that's the perils of missing the first half hour of the draft. Top 2 picks used on goalies, likely 1/12 goalie categories won during the play-offs, fitting.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Outstanding Goaltending. >.950 S%, <1.00 GAA and 2 shutouts combined with a huge Sunday in goal scoring means I shutout Juzmo on the way to the finals. GG Juzmo. 1 v 2 in the finals. Good luck ginblossoms!

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Outstanding Goaltending. >.950 S%, <1.00 GAA and 2 shutouts combined with a huge Sunday in goal scoring means I shutout Juzmo on the way to the finals. GG Juzmo. 1 v 2 in the finals. Good luck ginblossoms!
Tied in two and was close on a couple of other categories though.

But yeah that was a pretty bad week for me.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Doesn't the fantasy season usually end the week before the end of the real season so we don't run into problems with teams resting their star players?

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Doesn't the fantasy season usually end the week before the end of the real season so we don't run into problems with teams resting their star players?

Yeah, it usually does for most leagues. ginblossoms absolutely destroyed me this week either way though to win the championship. Congrats! My goalies picked the wrong week to have their worst week of the season.

MetalGodAOD*

Yea it usually does, I believe I had to do it this way to get 7 teams in? Couldn't quite remember. Won't do it again next year if it's an issue.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The lesser league ended last week ... that seemed perfect.

Signed - Champion of the Loser League

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Say what you want, I am very, very good at finishing 3rd. I think that's my 3rd 3rd place finish in fact. :laugh:

Cheers to Juzmo for a good last match. You really battled hard to rise up from low in the standings earlier in the year.

And of course congratulations are in order to gin for another dominant fantasy performance. :handclap:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Quite the difficult season, but 4th place is ok in the end. Was also quite close on getting that third place.

Goaltenders had a nice final week with 4-0-1, but that position was one thing that sucked for most of the season quite badly.

Grats to all the teams for a neat time.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, it usually does for most leagues. ginblossoms absolutely destroyed me this week either way though to win the championship. Congrats! My goalies picked the wrong week to have their worst week of the season.

yeah, your goalies totally did not show up. miller's trade to stl made your goaltending seemingly that much more insurmountable. and you had a bunch of nagging injuries.

ironically, the two stats i lost (pims and hits) were the ones i was most confident with going in.

and clearly, most importantly, my team won the most faceoffs throughout the nhl regular season.

for everyone else... keep on practicin'... :D

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Can someone from the 2nd league post the final standings after the playoffs? It'll be easier to figure things out for next year if it's all in here.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
Sure:

1 Mooterus' Revenge - BigG
2 Ogie's Ovaries - Me
3 Organ Failure
4 Concealed Kari
5 Bring back Audette - Modo
6 Bro-El-Cunado
7 Sinitsyn's Dangles - LT
8 Stars of Orient
9 Heavy Metal Drinkers
10 Rad Bromance
11 Lunatic Llamas
12 Mark Stepneski
13 Razors Edge
14 Texan Boilermaker

I think I know who some other people are, but I'm not sure, so I didn't put their forum handles in. Maybe a mod can edit my post when people say who they are.

Edit: And someone from the 2nd league should probably check these over to make sure I didn't screw somebody. I double checked, but you never know.

MetalGodAOD*

Most of the team names and poster combos are still in the OP. I'll consolidate this sometime and get the preliminary Champs lineup for next season posted.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sure:

1 Mooterus' Revenge - BigG
2 Ogie's Ovaries - Me

Obviously the female reproductive system is to thank for our strong season. If you want to win 3rd next year, go with the Fallopian Fighters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad