OT: HFStars 2013-2014 Y! Fantasy

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Yeah, that's why I was hoping to get higher on the non-playoff portion of the standings. I figured the playoffs were way out of the question, thus the only thing to worry about was relegation.

Bkennedy*

yeah, that's why i was hoping to get higher on the non-playoff portion of the standings. I figured the playoffs were way out of the question, thus the only thing to worry about was relegation.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ tank ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
It looks like I'm going to hang on to the last playoff spot in the champions league.

I'm not going to get any goalie stats this week but I should be fine. Anderson screwed me by having a set back, Varly sat out a game for his crappy back up, and I ended up picking up Neuvirth who was supposed to start today but he ended up not being healthy enough. I ended up with only two goalie starts this week but I think I did enough to stay #8.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Finished 1st in Goals, Points, GWGs, SOG. Tragically only 2nd in Faceoffs. Dead last in Hits, GAA, SV%, and Shutouts.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Okay I know it's not this league, but it's the best place I could find to post it. I need unbiased opinions. First off, I forgot to set the trade deadline which was stupid. But someone in my league traded Lecavalier to a team that is out of the playoffs for Duchene, and I vetoed it. He's now screaming at me because I vetoed it. Who's right?

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
If the league has no long term implications (IE a keeper league) then you are right. Why would anyone need to trade for someone else when they're not in the playoffs? Not to mention it's a **** trade from a conventional standpoint anyway. In fact, no matter how you slice it it's a ******** trade and if you had the power I'd probably ban the guy from playing just for trying to pull that crap.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's a shame eliminating such a fantastically named team as Mr Misty's but I'm afraid I had to be the UND to your Wisconsin. :sarcasm:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It's a shame eliminating such a fantastically named team as Mr Misty's but I'm afraid I had to be the UND to your Wisconsin. :sarcasm:

This is as ruthless a post as the beatdown your team gave mine :laugh:

Can I toot my own horn again about how far I got with only 7 roster moves? Almost 44 fewer than you made and still got the 5 seed :dumbo:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Only took till now to get the goaltending position somewhat stabilized with Howard, Anderson and Luongo.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oh thank you Ogie's Ovaries for play Halak last night. My only saving grace this season has been goaltending, and Halak's stinker setting you back should help give me that 3 point bump I'll need to survive the other categories. Rask and Bishop have been great this year for me.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
Oh thank you Ogie's Ovaries for play Halak last night. My only saving grace this season has been goaltending, and Halak's stinker setting you back should help give me that 3 point bump I'll need to survive the other categories. Rask and Bishop have been great this year for me.

It was a risk that didn't pan out so well. :laugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It was a risk that didn't pan out so well. :laugh:

I've honestly only been able to pull at wins in 2 or 3 of the forward/D categories per week. All of my wins have come on the back of goalies. I was pretty sure you were going to steamroll me, still could easily happen, but I at least feel like there's a fighting chance now.

This has been pretty cool this year though. I've done it once before years ago, different format, but I didn't pay attention.

I'm hoping they do the promotion/demotion thing again next year. The top league seems to have more diverse stat categories. I know we don't do faceoffs.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
It was gonna be a long shot, but with Pittsburgh benching Crosby tonight, I'm dead.

Good show BigG, good show.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Are you serious? That sucks.

Would be cool to win, but sucks that you're best player doesn't even get to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad