HF's Team Board Mock Draft

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
here comes the Euro-Fear

not every european player is teddy 2.0

:laugh: I don't really have a horse in this race as I don't consider myself educated enough in all the principals... just pointing out the coincidence with CSS and Tedenby

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Think you go wit Vrana here, there is a chance Brandon Lemieux makes it to 41 dont believe the same is said for Vrana.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Based on the highlight packages I have seen online, I don't see anything special in Vrana.

Not to say he won't be an impact player, but other players have more detailed highlight films online.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Based on the highlight packages I have seen online, I don't see anything special in Vrana.

Not to say he won't be an impact player, but other players have more detailed highlight films online.

Looking at highlight packages is like the dumbest way to evaluate draft picks.

Jakub has a very good offensive mind and is hungry from the circles down in the offensive zone. He has a good shot and is a player you have to respect because he can both score and make plays. He has the ability to be dangerous quickly.

17 year old good enough to play in the SWE is extremely bullish. He is playing against men.

What I fear about Vrana is the possibility of having another Tedenby on our hands.

How is Vrana like Tedenby?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What I fear about Vrana is the possibility of having another Tedenby on our hands.

Valid concern.

Teddy, Josefson, Petr Vrana, Kadyekin, Urbom, Bergfors and many more Euro draft picks, many of them 2nd rounders not mentioned, were FLOPS.

Can anyone confirm that Conte did a re-org of his Euro staff in recent years?
A long time coming.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Looking at highlight packages is like the dumbest way to evaluate draft picks.

17 year old good enough to play in the SWE is extremely bullish. He is playing against men.

How is Vrana like Tedenby?

Yeah, we should all just evaluate by stats, that will surely work. :badidea:
And who is evaluating, aside from Conte and his staff?

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Valid concern.

Teddy, Josefson, Petr Vrana, Kadyekin, Urbom, Bergfors and many more Euro draft picks, many of them 2nd rounders not mentioned, were FLOPS.

Can anyone confirm that Conte did a re-org of his Euro staff in recent years?
A long time coming.

I don't tend to agree with you, but I don't trust the European scouts either. I honestly can't think of the last impact European player the devils drafted.

I have the Euro fear....rather take Claude Jr.

Was it Petr Sykora. No...seriously..was it him? lol

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Is 5'11' for a 18 year old winger - small? Do people think he is swedish because he plays in the SEL?

I dont think so, just going by the negative comments from others here. id love Vrana

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't tend to agree with you, but I don't trust the European scouts either. I honestly can't think of the last impact European player the devils drafted.

I have the Euro fear....rather take Claude Jr.

One day you will see the light and embrace the truth.:yo:

And yes, the last Devils Euro draft pick to be an impact player for the Devils was Petr Sykora in 1995.

Last edited:

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
You understand the difference from playing in juniors and the SEL right?

As someone who acknowledges I'm not remotely acquainted with the SHL and Juniors, can someone comment on why (apart from some height advantage to Vrana that certainly helps when Tedenby's biggest seeming problem apart from hockey acumen is height/physicality) the Tedenby worries are so far fetched?

As both February birthdays, they seem to have followed a similar trajectory through J18, J20 and SHL according to eliteprospects.

I'm not saying we *shouldn't* take Vrana if he's available, just wondering if or why his trajectory seems to forecast better than Tedenby on pure stats alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad