HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

We had one going about a month ago but unfortunately the user stopped polling teams. Rather than continuing his, I'm starting another mock draft, going team to team. Opinions may have changed from then till now anyway.

We have roughly 15 days left until the draft, which means there will only be 24 hours to select each player. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick.

Wild fans, you have the 18th overall pick

1. :panthers D Aaron Ekblad 85.71%
2. :sabres C Sam Reinhart 56.32%
3. :edmonton C Sam Bennett 63.06%
4. :flames C Leon Draisaitl 71.05%
5. :isles C/LW Michael Dal Colle 68.83%
6. :nucks LW Nikolaj Ehlers Auto'ed
7. :canes RW Nick Ritchie 52.94%
8. :leafs C/LW William Nylander 68.46%
9. :jets C/LW Jake Virtanen 35.09%
10. :ducks2 LW Kasperi Kapanen 21.74%
11. :nashville LW Brendan Perlini 32.35%
12. :coyotes C/LW Robby Fabbri 50%
13. :caps D Haydn Fleury 75.68%
14. :stars RW Kevin Fiala 63.64%
15. :wings C Jared McCann 22.06%
16. :cbj LW Nikita Scherbak 38.24%
17. :flyers LW Sonny Milano
18. :wild ???
19. :bolts
20. :sharks

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Praying to the gods to let Fabbri, Milano, or Fiala drop to 18. Knew that would not be the case here before i even looked lol.

Went with Barbashev, Future is at Center, has tons of skills & can play both sides of the ice.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Went with Pastrnak. Of all the guys left, I think he has the most puck skill without glaring flaws in his game (though he does need to bulk up). For example, Ho-Sang's lack of development of a defensive game held him way back for me. Doesn't hurt that Pastrnak played against men this year in Sweden and did very, very well.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Barbashev, Tuch, Ho-Sang, McKeown, Honka would all be fine by me. Each have reasons to like and dislike them. Ho-Sang is a huge risk. Could be a steal. For the last seven years or so I had really kept up on prospects.. This year, not so much.

tomthestone*

Nick Schmaltz. I believe his older brother is a fellow first round selection and college hockey player. Right-handed. And he's more likely to pick up good habits than bad ones at UND.

Never even seen the kid play but at 18 I'd take him hoping for a Jaden Schwartz type.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Voted Larkin easy choice. Second option was Tuch, then Pasternak. Ho-Sang is fourth of those available.

Nick Schmaltz. I believe his older brother is a fellow first round selection and college hockey player. Right-handed. And he's more likely to pick up good habits than bad ones at UND.

Never even seen the kid play but at 18 I'd take him hoping for a Jaden Schwartz type.

Schmaltz has better hands than Schwarz, IMO. Schmaltz actually probably is in the top-five for hands/dangles in the draft. So much puck skill. He could just work on his skating and shooting, IMO.

I definitely would not be mad if we took him.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I always enjoy drafting players from the NCAA because there are more opportunities to actually watch them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad