OT: HFPens Community Lounge: This is the way edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So I ordered an XL double double coffee and some goodies from Tim Hortons last night on Skip The Dishes. When my delivery arrived, I noticed as soon as I opened the bag that the incompetent twat-for-brains wankmuffin who packaged my order f***ed up on a scale of epic sized proportions.

They gave me an XL f***ing Orange Pekoe TEA!!!😡🤬🤬😡😡🤢

Despite my order being clearly marked “XL double double” on the reciept stapled on the outside of the f***ing bag.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So I ordered an XL double double coffee and some goodies from Tim Hortons last night on Skip The Dishes. When my delivery arrived, I noticed as soon as I opened the bag that the incompetent twat-for-brains wankmuffin who packaged my order f***ed up on a scale of epic sized proportions.

They gave me an XL f***ing Orange Pekoe TEA!!!😡🤬🤬😡😡🤢

Despite my order being clearly marked “XL double double” on the reciept stapled on the outside of the f***ing bag.
To be fair they are probably some zoomer making like 9 bucks an hour. I bet they are perfectly competent, but just don't care even a little bit :laugh: somewhere nearby someone is pissed they got a double double instead of tea.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It seems like Queen Elizabeth has died. It's not announced yet, but there was an article about the family being concerned about her health and it seems like the BBC is preparing for the announcement that she has passed away.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It seems like Queen Elizabeth has died. It's not announced yet, but there was an article about the family being concerned about her health and it seems like the BBC is preparing for the announcement that she has passed away.

They've got all these procedures that have all kind of arcane steps down to the literal minute. Looks like some of them have already begun but the official announcement isn't "scheduled" to be made until 6pm London time.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They've got all these procedures that have all kind of arcane steps down to the literal minute. Looks like some of them have already begun but the official announcement isn't "scheduled" to be made until 6pm London time.

Yeah I'm expecting an announcement in like 10 minutes that she died, since it will be 6 PM in London.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
They also have the burden of legal tradition to deal with-- they've got to recall the currency and change the face on it because that's historically how the monarchs legitimized their rule, for example. Fascinating stuff, honestly, but again, it's really alien to most Americans' experience. Or post WWI Europeans too, for that matter.

A well regarded, classy and respected World Leader passed away. Have some respect.

Isn't the whole point of the British Royals though that they explicitly DO NOT LEAD anymore? :dunno: It's sad to lose a national symbol, but leader.... I dunno man.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
ob0m7q0e7om91.jpg

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Isn't the whole point of the British Royals though that they explicitly DO NOT LEAD anymore? :dunno: It's sad to lose a national symbol, but leader.... I dunno man.
The King/Queen of England is still head of state of the UK and the Commonwealth. Symbolic or not they are still the national leader.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
They also have the burden of legal tradition to deal with-- they've got to recall the currency and change the face on it because that's historically how the monarchs legitimized their rule, for example. Fascinating stuff, honestly, but again, it's really alien to most Americans' experience. Or post WWI Europeans too, for that matter.

They don't lead in the traditional sense anymore but as a figurehead of stability to look up to.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The King/Queen of England is still head of state of the UK and the Commonwealth. Symbolic or not they are still the national leader.
They don't lead in the traditional sense anymore but as a figurehead of stability to look up to.
It’s interesting that half of the English speaking world has such a vastly different relationship to her and the concept of the monarchy in general.

Slovaks, as we’ve never even had minor nobility, really don’t get it. 😂

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
A well regarded, classy and respected World Leader passed away. Have some respect.
I want to see what was said that this post was necessary.
I always miss the good stuff.
Who said what, PM me... you know who you are =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad