boba-fett-throne.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Glad you're safe, duder.

Someone on reddit dug this up:

Taken a few years ago.

Every person in every small town across the country probably knows about a bridge or overpass in similar condition. It's shameful.

Should be pretty interesting to find out what they think is the cause. Like what failed first etc.

They replaced the 35W bridge in Minneapolis in alittle more than a year after it collapsed but it did carry 10 times the traffic. Thus it was a major artery and needed replaced quickly. My thought is it will be about 2-3 years before this is replaced because of politics.

I'm thinking 3 to 4 years "normally". Likely sooner because of the national news and Biden visiting.

If this stuff rusts fairly quickly and locally (locally on the metal) I'm curious as to why they don't use sacrificial anodes.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I used that bridge quite often.

Mostly going towards Squirrel Hill to Dallas to Beacon short cut, I always use Dallas to Bennett home.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Your hydrometer broken? That sounds outrageous!

Haha I thought it was previously broken and checked it against water. That measurement comes out fine. This batch is only 3 gallons and I added an entire pound of honey prior to fermentation. 1088 OG → 1020 FG measured, while the recipe calculator says it should be 1091 and 1017.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Haha I thought it was previously broken and checked it against water. That measurement comes out fine. This batch is only 3 gallons and I added an entire pound of honey prior to fermentation. 1088 OG → 1020 FG measured, while the recipe calculator says it should be 1091 and 1017.
Am I out of practice? Why doesn't that calculate as 6.8%

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Continue:

boba-fett-throne.gif
What does it say about a show when the best episode it has, doesn't even have the lead character or anything to do with him, in it.

There's what, 2-3 episodes left? It's a meh show if I have ever seen one, it's now clear that it's basically just a throw in to keep the whistles wet for when Mando returns since they need something to fill the gap and threw together this meh-vehicle of a show.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
What does it say about a show when the best episode it has, doesn't even have the lead character or anything to do with him, in it.

There's what, 2-3 episodes left? It's a meh show if I have ever seen one, it's now clear that it's basically just a throw in to keep the whistles wet for when Mando returns since they need something to fill the gap and threw together this meh-vehicle of a show.
Two episodes left. It is now officially the Mando season 3 prequal.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

I'm getting to the point where I honestly now think that was the intent all along. This was just created to be an interlude and feed us some Fett backstory plus fill in some Manda-lore (wakka wakka) leading us right into season 3.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think the Book of Boba Fett has been pretty cool despite what Star Wars purist @Honour Over Glory says. I also like the three sequels despite Rise of Skywalker obviously being the worst of all 9.

Me and SW have a weird relationship.

I love SW and have consumed nearly every iota of material that is out there. So it's not like I don't take it "seriously" but at the same time... I mean... it is what it is. Space wizards with laser swords.

So I just try to enjoy it all for what it is and tend to find something redeeming in just about all of it.

I mean aside from the prequels. They're trash.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Me and SW have a weird relationship.

I love SW and have consumed nearly every iota of material that is out there. So it's not like I don't take it "seriously" but at the same time... I mean... it is what it is. Space wizards with laser swords.

So I just try to enjoy it all for what it is and tend to find something redeeming in just about all of it.

I mean aside from the prequels. They're trash.

Darth Maul and Obi Anakin final duel are my two favorite moments out of all the movies.

Well besides Cloud City because it rocks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
FYI for anyone paying full price for Sirius XM, they have an automated system now that will give you about a 66% discount by just calling their cancellation line. I didn't even have to talk to an agent, they set up a bot to basically offer me the same services I was paying $23 a month for $7 a month. It's egregious that they know their service is so overpriced that they set up a bot to just give a discount if you called the number, though.

I'm doing some financing right now to try and spend a bit less and subscriptions were one thing I was looking at. Right now, all I'm paying for is Apple Music, Sirius XM and Discovery+ (although I've debated not renewing because I don't watch it a ton, but I don't want to not have it). I have Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ through Verizon and I'm using my sister's Netflix. Although I guess I'm technically paying for Prime as well, but I never use it.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I have never paid full price for Sirius XM since I bought my new car in May 2020. I got a free Amazon Dot when I first signed up and a price of CAD$6.50 a month. When it came time to renew they upped it to $24, I told them to f*** off, got it back to $6.50. Only last month did it come up for renewal again, they would not stay at $6.50 but got it for $9 instead of $24. And I still get the NHL / MLB live games as they moved to the higher package, though not sure if that is just for US customers.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's an 8 episode prelude for Mandalorian Season 3.

First 4 episodes are like Iron Fist level. Episode 5 was like a redemption episode.

@Gurglesons its not to say there's been some cool shit in the show but that chase scene on hover scooters was just so f***ing bad. It's like a parody of star wars in a show pushing to widen the star wars universe. It says a lot when Boba Fett's own actor is saying basically that Boba talks too much and takes his helmet off way too much. He's not wrong. It's like they marvel-ized him and now he a cool nice guy just misunderstood. Boba was cool as f***, a renegade, ronin with his code.

Now he's just....a hybrid of Solo/Lando.

The sequels had a f*** ton of problems but they got Kylo right and then ruined that character to push the female hero narrative that never felt organic with Rey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad