OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think Fire Emblem Engage is next up for me. It's a good one to play during hockey/football games because it is 100% turnbase and switch is so easy to start/stop anytime. And the story in those game barely matters :laugh:
Fire Emblem Engage? You don't even get to f*** any bears in that game!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
One of my favorites. I first saw it on HBO or Showtime (or whatever) years back when I was still in high school or college.
It is excellent without a doubt. In to it from the very beginning.
It is older too, 2003. Great stuff!

I think Fire Emblem Engage is next up for me. It's a good one to play during hockey/football games because it is 100% turnbase and switch is so easy to start/stop anytime. And the story in those game barely matters :laugh:

I watched The Firm last night with Tom Cruise. Good movie.
I loved Three Houses or whatever that one was.
Still have to get to play 13 sentinels...
Yes, that is good for sports. TBC.

The Firm, is most definitely an excellent film as well.
You ever see The Wailing?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I loved Three Houses or whatever that one was.
Still have to get to play 13 sentinels...
Yes, that is good for sports. TBC.
Yeah I was a big 3 houses fan. I hear this one has less of the school stuff, which I am good with.
I had heard of 13 Sentinels and forgot all about it, but it looks cool. If you play it let me know how it is, I'll add it to the list :laugh: I think Armored Core 6 is likely next after FE.
The Firm, is most definitely an excellent film as well.
You ever see The Wailing?
no, I haven't seen that one. Is it horror? it sounds like it would be horror. I don't mind a good movie being scary, but if the main strength is being scary I'm not really interested. But a quick google seems to show that it's a great movie by all accounts, so maybe I'll check it out.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1Yeah I was a big 3 houses fan. I hear this one has less of the school stuff, which I am good with.
I had heard of 13 Sentinels and forgot all about it, but it looks cool. If you play it let me know how it is, I'll add it to the list :laugh: I think Armored Core 6 is likely next after FE.

2no, I haven't seen that one. Is it horror? it sounds like it would be horror. I don't mind a good movie being scary, but if the main strength is being scary I'm not really interested. But a quick google seems to show that it's a great movie by all accounts, so maybe I'll check it out.
1 I will indeed. I keep getting side tracked on it as well. (playing 13 sen)

2. Don't look anything up into or about the wailing. just know that it is korean with subtitles. Mystery / Thriller and no it is not horror in the common sense. The movie does not stoop to 'jump' scares... just ... ENJOY! Your hinder will be sore after it... almost 3 hour film. (2h30 some odd minutes).
Don't read the plot and ruin / spoil even the slightest of story!!!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla after I finished up the creche / temple map... IT FORCED ME TO CAMP / SLEEP to get to act ii
:cry:
I lost the temple buff 1d4 radiant blessing, blissful spores 1d6 + to everything...
Countless other stuff... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla after I finished up the creche / temple map... IT FORCED ME TO CAMP / SLEEP to get to act ii
I lost the temple buff 1d4 radiant blessing, blissful spores 1d6 + to everything...
Countless other stuff... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh yeah I forgot but I think that happens for act 3 as well. I wasn’t trying to avoid it, but both definitely include a night at camp.

• Haha

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh yeah I forgot but I think that happens for act 3 as well. I wasn’t trying to avoid it, but both definitely include a night at camp.
Awhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaannnnn!
Well! I guess that I good to know not to try holding on to buffs for exceedingly long amounts of time and to just rest then =P
Goodness!
:scared:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Awhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaannnnn!
Well! I guess that I good to know not to try holding on to buffs for exceedingly long amounts of time and to just rest then =P
Goodness!
:scared:
you'll also just miss a lot of story bits that trigger during rests I think. Though a lot of those were the dark urge stuff I guess.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I forgot how annoying it is when you change broadband and have to put a new password in everything
Password manager?

you'll also just miss a lot of story bits that trigger during rests I think. Though a lot of those were the dark urge stuff I guess.
True! I still had a lot of camp happenings. Astarian, Gale, the creche (because of the temple bit I did) the party, maybe a thing or two I forget... oh the dream visitor...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So Micro$oft bought Activision / Blizzard... remember in the 90's there was thing we at least pretended was anti monopoly laws? Micro$oft wanted to buy Netscape and there was hell to pay for the audacity of it... now... pffffft.

• Wow

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla at the last light inn or whatever the name of the darkness protected inn... got karlach and her second tier infernal engine heart, now my main can finally scissor her :wg:
Aside from that, got karlach a +2 2,000$ shirt non armor piece... then I see dammond (and then do the heart) but also see he can mend infernal metal to gear, which I already had two extra (and other pieces that I'm not quite sure he wanted, but just kept selecting the dialog and he kept making gear (3 gear, hell fire or whatever, chest, helm and gloves, chest which is Heavy Armor and she doesn't wear) so now I have all kind of Karlach gear and not sure which to use. The 2k piece I bought her has bull rush or whatever +2 str and DOUBLE carrying, so now she is my donkey -forget all the other perks haha-... and now I'm mish-mashing all my gear to put where and on who... it's all so frustrating. Trying to mix and match sets and buffs gets so tiresome I just said forget it, I'm kind op at the moment anyway.

OH... I inspected a dead crow outside the inn and was JUMPED by 10 or so undead crow spawn out of nowheres... surprised all of us and were about to take a whooping... then realized lathander weapon on Shadowheart and every single one of them came within 6m of her to attack us and were blinded and every single one missed, HAH... then I got lae'zel inspired for killing 5 enemies in 1 turn... and got 40xp each crow... I have to say, today was a good day :razz:

oh... and again... one little area makes me explore like mad... since I befriended the inn people (the harlods ??) and told that leader everything about my weapon and journey, they took me in peacefully. ALSO... I killed a strange ox that turned out to be a polymorphed slimebag that was either plotting or plotted to kill some of the camp. BASTARD!!!! =]

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
So Micro$oft bought Activision / Blizzard... remember in the 90's there was thing we at least pretended was anti monopoly laws? Micro$oft wanted to buy Netscape and there was hell to pay for the audacity of it... now... pffffft.
I mean Disney is rumored to be buying EA so..... :dunno:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla at the last light inn or whatever the name of the darkness protected inn... got karlach and her second tier infernal engine heart, now my main can finally scissor her :wg:
Aside from that, got karlach a +2 2,000$ shirt non armor piece... then I see dammond (and then do the heart) but also see he can mend infernal metal to gear, which I already had two extra (and other pieces that I'm not quite sure he wanted, but just kept selecting the dialog and he kept making gear (3 gear, hell fire or whatever, chest, helm and gloves, chest which is Heavy Armor and she doesn't wear) so now I have all kind of Karlach gear and not sure which to use. The 2k piece I bought her has bull rush or whatever +2 str and DOUBLE carrying, so now she is my donkey -forget all the other perks haha-... and now I'm mish-mashing all my gear to put where and on who... it's all so frustrating. Trying to mix and match sets and buffs gets so tiresome I just said forget it, I'm kind op at the moment anyway.
I'm excited to use her. Which btw, I started a second playthrough today :laugh: Made a halfling bard and plan to use Karlach, Astarian, and Laezel. Level 2, got off the initial ship and that's about it. Playing on tactician difficulty this time.
OH... I inspected a dead crow outside the inn and was JUMPED by 10 or so undead crow spawn out of nowheres... surprised all of us and were about to take a whooping... then realized lathander weapon on Shadowheart and every single one of them came within 6m of her to attack us and were blinded and every single one missed, HAH... then I got lae'zel inspired for killing 5 enemies in 1 turn... and got 40xp each crow... I have to say, today was a good day :razz:
I passed some sort of check to warn me that was a trap I think, so I didn't fight the crows.
oh... and again... one little area makes me explore like mad... since I befriended the inn people (the harlods ??) and told that leader everything about my weapon and journey, they took me in peacefully. ALSO... I killed a strange ox that turned out to be a polymorphed slimebag that was either plotting or plotted to kill some of the camp. BASTARD!!!! =]
I did manage to befriend the inn. On my second attempt, the first time I talked to them ended in a fight that I lost :laugh: I honestly don't know how act 2 would go in a version where I fought them and won. They are the main quest folks of act 2.

That ox is the animal I told you ended up in a fight :laugh: I didn't talk to many animals, but that was one of them :laugh:

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean Disney is rumored to be buying EA so..... :dunno:
Just goes with the sentiment of my post. Massive corporations figured out a way around the monopoly whatever laws or not there are/were.
You never hear about these monopoly law things today is my point... corps just gobble up companies left and right. Just a handful of people..... never mind =P not going ranting just yet.
-----------
1I'm excited to use her. Which btw, I started a second playthrough today :laugh: Made a halfling bard and plan to use Karlach, Astarian, and Laezel. Level 2, got off the initial ship and that's about it. Playing on tactician difficulty this time.

2I passed some sort of check to warn me that was a trap I think, so I didn't fight the crows.

3I did manage to befriend the inn. On my second attempt, the first time I talked to them ended in a fight that I lost :laugh: I honestly don't know how act 2 would go in a version where I fought them and won. They are the main quest folks of act 2.

4That ox is the animal I told you ended up in a fight :laugh: I didn't talk to many animals, but that was one of them :laugh:
That sounds like a good chemistry you'll have there. Neither of those people hate each other (that I'm aware of) as much as lae'zel hates shadowheart. lae'zel likes astarian and karlach is happy go lucky she don't care. Until it comes to going back to avernus... she becomes adamant.

Tactician ??? Do you notice any bumps in difficulty spikes? More enemies? I don't get how it could get more difficult without giving the computer a break in the rules (max dmg rolls / saves, etc) but I suppose they could be 'smarter' or more tactical... as if I block paths with spikes MOST just sit and accept fate, but a few 'smart' ones actually problem solve in their path finding..... let me know on that how it differs, please! And enjoy the challenge.

2. Good on you, because you did not have lathander mace. Wasn't difficult, just took one round of surprised damage... I suppose could have wiped the entire party (since I never saw dmg do to misses)... Though I sometimes manually trigger traps where I TRAP / SURPRISE THEM.... just to farm the xp. Sneak in with my tank and set up sneak points of attack. It's ruthless! =]

3. You can also kill the grove in the beginning of the game.... work the goblins... I have no idea what can happen in this game but I intend to find out... But I will be such an evil bastard in my second play through... and not even evil by definition... I'll just do the opposite of anyone who asks me to do something.... muahahah... not even what I want to do, but the opposite... just to spite! Just to spite! I will have no remorse! Since the people you help anyway seem to die a miserable death shortly after you save them anyway. It is a cruel dark world!

But yeah I still dont have a quest yet, still exploring around the inn / underneath etc and buying selling with her traders, that took an hour, :eek: ... shoot, lost my train of though- have the penguins game on while morning coffee-... oh well.

4. Damn that OX! Or should I left him alive until later? I was afraid he'd kill damon because damon only have like 8hp :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Randy Butternubs was going to watch MOTHER last night -written and directed by bong the man who wrote/directed MEMORIES OF MURDER- but had an ever growing list of distractions that needed doing and I am partially sick on top of it, lingering disgusting mucus and congestions / headache lethargic... anyway.. not sure if you've watched or heard about it... but I know you liked MOM, heh... mom, mother... how about that... :dunno:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Tactician ??? Do you notice any bumps in difficulty spikes? More enemies? I don't get how it could get more difficult without giving the computer a break in the rules (max dmg rolls / saves, etc) but I suppose they could be 'smarter' or more tactical... as if I block paths with spikes MOST just sit and accept fate, but a few 'smart' ones actually problem solve in their path finding..... let me know on that how it differs, please! And enjoy the challenge.
enemies have +2 on rolls, a bit more HP, and seem to be smarter in who they target. And so far there seem to be less enemies with no ranged attacks, so I can't just shoot them and free win lol. Also it takes twice as many camp supplies to long rest.

• Wow

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
enemies have +2 on rolls, a bit more HP, and seem to be smarter in who they target. And so far there seem to be less enemies with no ranged attacks, so I can't just shoot them and free win lol. Also it takes twice as many camp supplies to long rest.
+2 can be devastating! Smarter targeting can be perceived a few ways... ignore the tank and get the caster? My caster is just a buffer. Ranged is my main... I suppose smarter meaning they go after the main character?
I am not sure I get the no ranged thing... so, less enemies with NO ranged... so more melee? Those pesky ranged attackers if done right and bunkered down/high and use misty step (more than once) could destroy melee'ers if they can't hide or get there soon enough. Personally the gith creche was the strongest archers (and done properly skill and hiding/falling back) I've encountered yet.
Camp supplies doubling I can see adding a bit more complexity... seeing as I've stockpiled 1,000 points worth, getting beat up more along the way and costing more would really eat into that...

*** I just came across isobel and the (fallen) flaming fist guy, Marcus... with his wings! haha... he was so happy about them. I SO WANTED TO be on my evil play through and take her away to see Throm Keltrich or whatever his name is, the general. The evil play through options seem so wild... like you said earlier, what happens if you wipe out the last light inn, or the grove for that matter... (but then I'd imagine isobel would be dead) so you have to play it smart, but evil.... but what could possibly happen if you abduct her and the inn falls and therefore a great many people out to fight the absolute. I will just have to wonder.

You're on playthrough two (as are so many people I read) !! I could play DOS2 new and have almost all of it (outside the jail and the collar removal part) seem like new. Some reason I strongly remember that jail and collar map set...
So much goes on in BGiii I could play new already and see different choices make a new game. I just ran into dammond, Mol and the devil kids, RAPHAEL AGAIN!!! (whoever the devil is that teleported you early in the game to offer a choice) My story choices are all starting to come back (in my case) in favor of my actions, rather than to haunt me by being evil haha...
I wonder if you can bard / talk your way out of everything and never fight once in the game, or have other people fight for you.

What type of character are you? Are you an origin character? Made from scratch? What class and type of damage are you going to do? I think you said, but generally. Good / middle / evil / grey area ... spells / melee / ranged , other... go with a full party or one two or three others? What you doing?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
+2 can be devastating! Smarter targeting can be perceived a few ways... ignore the tank and get the caster? My caster is just a buffer. Ranged is my main... I suppose smarter meaning they go after the main character?
I am not sure I get the no ranged thing... so, less enemies with NO ranged... so more melee? Those pesky ranged attackers if done right and bunkered down/high and use misty step (more than once) could destroy melee'ers if they can't hide or get there soon enough. Personally the gith creche was the strongest archers (and done properly skill and hiding/falling back) I've encountered yet.
Camp supplies doubling I can see adding a bit more complexity... seeing as I've stockpiled 1,000 points worth, getting beat up more along the way and costing more would really eat into that...
Yeah I think I'll need to play smarter and rely less on brute force for sure. So far all I've fought are the little brain crabs and imps from the intro place and right after landing on the beach. But the brain things can spit at me now. I haven't noticed a difference in targeting since I've only done the very intro, but that's what I read.
*** I just came across isobel and the (fallen) flaming fist guy, Marcus... with his wings! haha... he was so happy about them. I SO WANTED TO be on my evil play through and take her away to see Throm Keltrich or whatever his name is, the general. The evil play through options seem so wild... like you said earlier, what happens if you wipe out the last light inn, or the grove for that matter... (but then I'd imagine isobel would be dead) so you have to play it smart, but evil.... but what could possibly happen if you abduct her and the inn falls and therefore a great many people out to fight the absolute. I will just have to wonder.

You're on playthrough two (as are so many people I read) !! I could play DOS2 new and have almost all of it (outside the jail and the collar removal part) seem like new. Some reason I strongly remember that jail and collar map set...
So much goes on in BGiii I could play new already and see different choices make a new game. I just ran into dammond, Mol and the devil kids, RAPHAEL AGAIN!!! (whoever the devil is that teleported you early in the game to offer a choice) My story choices are all starting to come back (in my case) in favor of my actions, rather than to haunt me by being evil haha...
I wonder if you can bard / talk your way out of everything and never fight once in the game, or have other people fight for you.

What type of character are you? Are you an origin character? Made from scratch? What class and type of damage are you going to do? I think you said, but generally. Good / middle / evil / grey area ... spells / melee / ranged , other... go with a full party or one two or three others? What you doing?
yeah I'm planning on being sort of in the middle evil this playthrough. Not evil, but less noble too. Take more payment for things, tell people I'll help as long as it is worth it for me etc. I'm playing a Tiefling Bard, so I do plan to see how much I can talk my way out of etc. I am already really good at deception, persuasion, intimidation etc. That said, I think relying too much on that could end up getting me less XP, so we'll see :laugh: Part of why I'm doing Tiefling though is to give me a good reason at the grove to fully side with them and kill the druid leader woman. Last time I convinced her to give me more time instead.

Party will be the Bard, Laezel as her normal fighter, but I think I'm going to turn Astarian into a ranger and Karlach into a monk. Or maybe the other way around, we'll see. But I don't want to do another barbarian so I'm definitely changing Karlach. We'll see about changing Astarian from Rogue, I may end up keeping it. But Bards are already really good at most of the skill stuff Rogues do, and I think I'd like a few spells and maybe an animal friend with my archer :nod:

Just doing the normal custom character version, see how different that is from the dark urge. I plan on my third playthrough being Dark Urge again and as evil as can be, giving in to the urge every time it comes up :laugh: As the Oathbreaker paladin. As for my party in that, well I'm not sure how much of a party I'll have or if I'll just murder them all :laugh:

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
We made the decision to get game pass this past summer mostly for my 14 year old to play games with his school buds, I've been enjoying the access to some oldies and lately have been playing the ORIGINAL Amnesia. It's fairly dated but can still be decently creepy, it's been fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad