OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Now with Uggs, Pumpkin Spice Beer and Icecream haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's a fair cop. I suppose I just need watch and allow myself to adjust from "1998-anime camp" to "2021-Netflix-spent-craptons-to-make-this-look-camp camp"

I mean, I'm with you there. I'm super nostalgically attached to Cowboy Bebop (plus, as a film nerd, I love all the classic references there and in Ghost in the Shell), but a huge part of it is basically "Japanese nerds get really into film noir and French New Wave without understanding it and camp it up." :laugh: So I think it's actually encouraging that it's campy as hell.

But nothing beats weird campy ideas of the Beat generation like John Woo's Hard Boiled. Chow Yun Fat is a jazz clarinet playing cop who plays by his own rules in 1990s Hong Kong.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
1*T59MkTymp7u_02InOLVf3g.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So interview status: my interviews with my new company have gone so well that I'm already on the final interviews with the CEO and President, which almost seem like a formality at this point. I've been really happy with the interviews I've done so far, but I keep hearing concerning things regarding whether I'd be a full time employee vs a contractor. I wouldn't take a contractor position and it would crush me if that's all they had to offer. But we'll have to see what they can support.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's infuriating.
They are all infuriating. Greg is easily the most likeable person on the show though.
he's in over his head bumbling around while damn near everyone else is just a legit awful person. Surprisingly I think Tom has emerged as number 2 most likeable.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm going to do my best to destroy the internets enjoyability level for anyone and everyone.
I'm going to the dark side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad