OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Now with Uggs, Pumpkin Spice Beer and Icecream haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Figured out which beer is going to be my first on tap: Stella. I wasn't crazy about the idea, but there isn't a ton available right now and I'm generally fine with Stella.

What I learned is that Hofbrau does offer kegs, though. It just takes months to get them ordered. I may order a keg of Hofbrau original and then plan on getting it in a few months.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pretty cool this board hasn’t changed after a long summer.

I hate people that complain about Olive Garden's food. If you go to Olive Garden expecting fine Italian cuisine, the issue is you...not Olive Garden.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Olive Garden is the restaurant that the white trash from my high school goes to as a "romantic dinner date".

Their breadsticks are fire though, I will give them that. They rank 2nd for me among free bread from those types of chains, only after Red Lobster.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Cheesecake Factory's bread should be up there.

I actually had that somewhat recently with a college friend and a couple of his coworkers. It was definitely solid, but I wouldn't put it on par with Red Lobster or Olive Garden. It's a bit weird with them though because I think they have multiple different flavors, but it was very solid.

I'd probably put it about on par with Texas Roadhouse. I used to think Texas Roadhouse was amazing, but then I realized that bread was effectively just buttered Hawaiian rolls.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I actually had that somewhat recently with a college friend and a couple of his coworkers. It was definitely solid, but I wouldn't put it on par with Red Lobster or Olive Garden. It's a bit weird with them though because I think they have multiple different flavors, but it was very solid.

I'd probably put it about on par with Texas Roadhouse. I used to think Texas Roadhouse was amazing, but then I realized that bread was effectively just buttered Hawaiian rolls.

I've never been to Texas Roadhouse.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've never been to Texas Roadhouse.

You're really not missing much :laugh:

Pretty much all of those chain sit-down restaurants stink. I'm talking about places like Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cracker Barrell and whatnot. They're just all crappy.

Who cares, you have Yummy Sushi in Coronado. Go there instead.

Thanks for reminding me that I freaking envy @Gurglesons for living in San Diego :laugh:

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You're really not missing much :laugh:

Pretty much all of those chain sit-down restaurants stink. I'm talking about places like Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cracker Barrell and whatnot. They're just all crappy.

Thanks for reminding me that I freaking envy @Gurglesons for living in San Diego :laugh:

I also pay 1350 for a 2 bedroom 5 minutes from downtown.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I also pay 1350 for a 2 bedroom 5 minutes from downtown.

Yeah don't remind me :laugh:

Housing prices are insane in southern California so I have no clue how you managed to pull that off. I was just looking at houses for sale in the areas around San Diego for laughs, my house would easily be a $450k house if it was near San Diego (based on something like this). Instead, it cost me $210k in Pittsburgh.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And before someone questions me for why I go on Zillow to browse for houses despite not planning on moving anytime soon, I suggest you watch this video:

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Gyun3Wc.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So the Women's Tennis, that kiddo Leyla just destroyed Osaka and I've noticed how Osaka didn't even get any warnings for her other bs until later. So is that her shtick now? Using mental health as her excuse for poor behavior? Because for those that actually suffer from mental health, her act is growing super f***ing thin.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I hate people that complain about Olive Garden's food. If you go to Olive Garden expecting fine Italian cuisine, the issue is you...not Olive Garden.

Yeah... that is a 'fine dining' experience where you pay 30 dollars for a microwaved meal.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Either your microwave does a much better job than mine, or you've been To much worse olive gardens than I have. It's not amazing, but it's pretty decent food. I'm always surprised how much people shit on it. I don't make nice plans to go there, but it's a solid "we're out in Robinson and want to grab some food" option.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Either your microwave does a much better job than mine, or you've been To much worse olive gardens than I have. It's not amazing, but it's pretty decent food. I'm always surprised how much people shit on it. I don't make nice plans to go there, but it's a solid "we're out in Robinson and want to grab some food" option.

Not just blind dislike Ogy... had an ex-girl work there. Said they used it. This was 20 years ago and yes, each store is vastly different.

Reactions: Gurglesons

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I gotta say --- I downloaded Townscraper in mind with child mostly using it.

Turns out I can't stop building and it's one of the most peaceful and charming and satisfying relaxing.... 'games' if you can call it a game.
What a genius idea too... a simple easy on the eyes peaceful builder.
I hope this is on tablet and stuff so I can get it for the kid.... anyone else play it? Post your builds?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Speaking of italian food and fine dining... the best place I ever ate... nice environment and great food... I think the name was Brick Oven or something or other... on king street in oldtown alexandria virginia... and I'm looking at it now on maps and I see it is gone and now a five guys!!??

Everything they'd cook was done with a brick oven. The shit was so good be it pizza or pasta or watever... **** man that place was gold......... and it's gone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad