Prospect Info: HFOilers Ranks: Top 20 Oilers Prospects #8

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Welp, still throwing my vote away on Pitlick it seems.

Me too.

I am a bit disgusted with how the voting generally is infatuated with the newer prospects and discards the old ones that are tracking well against tougher opposition.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Me too.

I am a bit disgusted with how the voting generally is infatuated with the newer prospects and discards the old ones that are tracking well against tougher opposition.

The mistake may be assuming that Pitlick has been tracking well. He's spent way too much time on the IR in recent years and it has really hurt his development, and I don't see how we can expect a guy who spends almost half of the time injured to ever be a regular NHL'er.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I think all 3 of those guys are more likely to be regular 4th liners than LB ever has any time significant time in the NHL.

Not even anything against LB. Goalies are just such a crap shoot.

You very well could be right. I am just wary of big players that only put up points in their 4th year in the CHL. They never seem to turn out.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The mistake may be assuming that Pitlick has been tracking well. He's spent way too much time on the IR in recent years and it has really hurt his development, and I don't see how we can expect a guy who spends almost half of the time injured to ever be a regular NHL'er.

His injury problems are a serious red flag but still has tracked well despite that. I put a lot of stock in Todd Nelson's evaluations and he is very high on Pitlick. Mainly going off of that plus what I've seen and heard Pitlick, barring more injuries, should be an NHLer.

Which of course puts him league's ahead of most of these players who are still too raw to say that yet.

Edit

Also want to point out Klefbom is in a very similar situation and went 3/4 on this poll.

Edit 2

My buddy has an incredible memory and a huge hockey fan
Bruins fan. He remembered that oilers pick because he was expected to go in the first round and instead was the first pick of the second.

Last edited:

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010

That's the question though, is the upside for any of these remaining players much more than a cup of coffee in the NHL? Doubtful.

Oct 30, 2011
went with Gernat.

If he pans out, he'll be an interesting d-man with size and offence.

could bolster our PP at some point

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That's the question though, is the upside for any of these remaining players much more than a cup of coffee in the NHL? Doubtful.

I don't know about that. Some of these guys have a lot of upside, and could become regulars down the road. I don't think we have any superstars, but Roy, Moroz and Chase all have the tools to become regular NHL'ers. Pitlick does as well, but he's more of a gamble right now because of injuries and slow development.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
His injury problems are a serious red flag but still has tracked well despite that. I put a lot of stock in Todd Nelson's evaluations and he is very high on Pitlick. Mainly going off of that plus what I've seen and heard Pitlick, barring more injuries, should be an NHLer.

Which of course puts him league's ahead of most of these players who are still too raw to say that yet.

Edit

Also want to point out Klefbom is in a very similar situation and went 3/4 on this poll.

Edit 2

My buddy has an incredible memory and a huge hockey fan
Bruins fan. He remembered that oilers pick because he was expected to go in the first round and instead was the first pick of the second.

Klefbom also is ahead in his development, and is a year younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad