6) Jujhar Khaira - C - Everett Silvertips - WHL - 29.05%
7) Dillon Simpson - D - UND Fighting Sioux - NCAA - 32.67%
*Poll #3 was a tie

On to Poll #8:

Last edited:

YoSoGordo

Mar 4, 2010
Edmonton
A little surprised pitlick isn't getting more love. I feel like he's more of a sure bet to make the NHL atleast for now than moroz or chase.
Next picks for me:
Pitlick
Moroz(even if his scoring doesn't transition he's more physical/more of a fighter than chase)
Chase

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
LB got my vote. I don't think Chase, Pitlick or Moroz will ever even be regular 4th liners. LB could at least possibly be a starter down the road.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
LB got my vote. I don't think Chase, Pitlick or Moroz will ever even be regular 4th liners. LB could at least possibly be a starter down the road.

I think all 3 of those guys are more likely to be regular 4th liners than LB ever has any time significant time in the NHL.

Not even anything against LB. Goalies are just such a crap shoot.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I can't believe Chase has fallen so low
He reminds me of a Marchand clone

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Went with Marco Roy on this one mainly because I feel like he would've had a much better year if it wasn't for his injuries and expect him to bounce back in a big way this year.

But Chase had a much better season, and the fact that the expectations weren't as high, so he's probably the better pick.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I don't get how Moroz gets this much love. He's behind developmentally, and was aided by being on the best team in the WHL. No thanks.

Chase, Davidson, or Pitlick > Moroz.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm gonna stick with Gernat. I like his raw abilities. I think he'll have a real good year offensively down in OKC this year. I like his top end potential more than anyone else left on the list, even if it is a long shot he gets there.

Everyone else is 4th line/bottom pairing material at best imo.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Went with Marco Roy on this one mainly because I feel like he would've had a much better year if it wasn't for his injuries and expect him to bounce back in a big way this year.

But Chase had a much better season, and the fact that the expectations weren't as high, so he's probably the better pick.

Yeah that's who it was between for me and I went with Chase. I think Roy will have a really solid year with Quebec. Brossoit is probably next after that for me, then Moroz and Slepyshev.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
LB (Dominated juniors, dominated first prof year), Chase, Gernat, Musil, Slepy, Pitlick, Roy, Moroz for me.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Voted for Martin Gernat. Two years ago he was on-par with Martin Marincin and he hasn't regressed since.

Lol, no he wasn't. Gernat was never on par with Marincin. Good prospect, but still has a lot more developing to do.

Moroz is my pick. I think he silenced some critics this year, and is more likely to become a regular NHL er than anyone left.

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
That's what I call a swing 'style' vote, not saying Chase will win yet but I voted Chase mainly to prevent Moroz being number 8. Call me a skeptic, but he and Gernat would be nice IF they turnout :help: I just don't think either lives up to their full potential.

I was fairly jealous when the Flames had LB; he at least has good potential. Hopefully more of these guys turnout than we're expecting. Wouldn't that be nice for a change. It's been brutal being an Oilers fan of late.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Brossoit is our best goalie prospect. Odds are he will get a shot. He just has to develop, which I believe he can.

I'm skeptical some of these other guys will get a serious shot at the big show, even if they get good enough.

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
Chase, gernat, then Slepshev for me after that Moroz. Moroz might have a better chance at making the nhl albeit as a fourth liner but I believe the other guys have a higher upside so that why I am choosing them over him .

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't get how Moroz gets this much love. He's behind developmentally, and was aided by being on the best team in the WHL. No thanks.

Chase, Davidson, or Pitlick > Moroz.

Sounds like you didn't really watch him. Moroz made huge strides this year. There is a reason he was on the WHL team in the Canada-Russia superseries, and it wasn't just because he was on a good team. He has shown some real skill to go with his attitude. Chase might be ahead of him, at this point, its a toss up, but Moroz is certainly a better prospect than either Davidson or Pitlick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad