Prospect Info: HFOilers Ranks: Top 20 Oilers Prospects #3

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I believe the masses have spoken and poll 3 will begin early. Should be much more interesting from this point on.

Anyways...

Poll #2 Winner: With 90.74% of the Vote:

nurse_darnell-640x360.jpg

Darnell Nurse

Thanks to all who voted in poll two.

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects
1) Leon Draisaitl - C - Prince Albert Raiders - WHL - 56.44%
2) Darnell Nurse - D - Soo Greyhounds - OHL - 90.74%

On to Poll #3:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I voted for Klefbom.

For me it was between him Marincin and Khaira.

I pose this question to start discussion.

If you could only keep one of Marincin or Klefbom. Who do you keep and why?

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
How are you ranking these prospects? Is it by ceiling or by who you think will be ready to contribute to the big club the soonest?

Klefbom is hotter than Marincin. :naughty:

Marincin for me. IMO Klefbom's ceiling is a bit higher (potential #2 vs potential #3) but he has suffered so much injuries that he carries a lot bigger risk than Marincin.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Chose Marincin. While I think Klefbom has more physical talent, his tendency to get injured may prevent him from fully reaching his potential - he's already lost a lot of development time. Marincin has been pretty healthy thus far.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
I'm glad I'm not the only one that picked yakimov. in my mind, marincin isn't really a prospect anymore.

I wouldn't really consider him a prospect either but he is in the poll so he got my vote!

It's close with him and Klefbom. I just like Marincins game a lot

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Thats also why marincin gets 3rd place for me. As far as i am concerned he has already proven to have the ABILITY to log big pressure minutes in the NhL for a good chunk of time. I dont think there is any doubt that he is ahead of Klef at this point so he has to be higher.
Klef is next
Yakimov after
Then it gets interesting

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I like Marincin's upside more than I like Klefbom's. More well rounded. I don't think Klefbom will ever be anything more than strictly a second pairing shutdown guy.

I think Marincin has more of a two-way game and is a more cerebral player.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I went Klefbom because I think he's got a higher upside. His 1st pass is already near tops on the team and he's younger than Marincin. Tough call between the two though.

Eirhead*

I voted for Klefbom.

For me it was between him Marincin and Khaira.

I pose this question to start discussion.

If you could only keep one of Marincin or Klefbom. Who do you keep and why?

Marincin, though i'd like to see more of both first. But hockey is a 5-man game in all zones and Marincin is clearly stronger in the offensive.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Could go either way here. Marty has proven a little more but Oscar has the higher upside.

I think they are both going to be better than Ferrence by the end of the year though and at a quarter of the cost.. Hoping I'm right and a Ferrence buy out or miracle trade for picks happens.

He doesn't have a no trade clause does he?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Overall I'd think Klefbom's ceiling is higher and he's got a good strong NHL frame, but I voted Marincin because he's farther along right meow.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Could go either way here. Marty has proven a little more but Oscar has the higher upside.

I think they are both going to be better than Ferrence by the end of the year though and at a quarter of the cost.. Hoping I'm right and a Ferrence buy out or miracle trade for picks happens.

He doesn't have a no trade clause does he?

Yeah he does have a ntc. He's going to be here until his deal is done. And as a bottom pair guy that's ok.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Yeah he does have a ntc. He's going to be here until his deal is done. And as a bottom pair guy that's ok.

I'm hoping he gets pushed right off the depth chart at LD because he was brutal last year. Maybe he'll look better this year as we have more support and natural development and all that.

That said I'm hoping that natural development has us sending Ference looking for a job by the end of the season.

I agree though without him our D doesn't have much experience and leadership unless someone takes the reins which eventually Darnel Nurse should do but not for 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad