Votes: 0 0.0%
  • William Lagesson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Congrats to Evan Bouchard on being the Oilers' #1 prospect!

Added Lagesson. Poll will close in two days, but this result should be a formality.

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018
1)
Evan Bouchard - D - London Knights (OHL) - 75.0%

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yamamoto no doubt. Kids an absolute stud. The better version of Gaudreau is coming to play in Edmonton and maybe even next season. So excited for this guy to hold down the spot next to McNuge for a long time.
Gaudreau is better offensively by a decent margin. That said Yamamoto plus a much much more complete game and isn't afraid to be a little rough.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Gaudreau is better offensively by a decent margin. That said Yamamoto plus a much much more complete game and isn't afraid to be a little rough.
Let me be optimistic. I think Yamamoto will not be as good numbers wise but he isnt soft and is more complete. Basically exactly what you said.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Let me be optimistic. I think Yamamoto will not be as good numbers wise but he isnt soft and is more complete. Basically exactly what you said.
I am. I think Yams will be a better player might just have less points.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Where's Philly Kemp? He getting snoozed on?

He was recently invited to the States world junior summer showcase tournament in July.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He has zero goals in 9? games primarily playing with McDavid. 4 assits?

He was a reason we got off to a bad start. Blew off the doors in preseason but couldn't handle any real nhl competition.

Obviously our second best prospect that I am very high on as well but from last years debut is a looooongs ways off from being an NHL impact player. In some of my line ups I had him penciled in but most likely he spends most/all his time in the AHL this year. I think picking up Rieder pushes him out of the lineup and rightly so.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

He was a reason we got off to a bad start. Blew off the doors in preseason but couldn't handle any real nhl competition.

Obviously our second best prospect that I am very high on as well but from last years debut is a looooongs ways off from being an NHL impact player. In some of my line ups I had him penciled in but most likely he spends most/all his time in the AHL this year. I think picking up Rieder pushes him out of the lineup and rightly so.
Wait you actually expected a 22nd overall pick to make an impact in his draft+1 year? That seemed like more of a reward for his excellent preseason play than actually expectations from the management/coaching staff to help us with a playoff push (although considering we have the worst GM in the NHL since Mad Mike, who knows what that numskull is thinking).

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Can you link to past years results in the OP of these? Be nice to compare.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Your expectations are flabbergasting lol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Wait you actually expected a 22nd overall pick to make an impact in his draft+1 year? That seemed like more of a reward for his excellent preseason play than actually expectations from the management/coaching staff to help us with a playoff push (although considering we have the worst GM in the NHL since Mad Mike, who knows what that numskull is thinking).

Pretty sure after preseason management had him penciled in for the year. If he had success it would have been a great cheap internal addition.

His play in nhl games was not good at all and he should have been sent back at least 3 games before he was.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is Marody not considered a prospect?

Good catch. Looking back, Cooper Marody is younger than Drake Caggiula at the time of their signings and Drake found his way onto the rankings for 1 year before he made the team.

BBO nominates Cooper Marody to be added to the next list. :sarcasm:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Some Snowflake voted for Maksimov, lol.

Maksimov is a guy that could end up being a hell of a player, while I agree that Yamamoto as of this time is the better prospect there is a lot to like in Makzimov's game. I'm more surprised that Jones got a vote after an unspectacular rookie pro season.

Good catch. Looking back, Cooper Marody is younger than Drake Caggiula at the time of their signings and Drake found his way onto the rankings for 1 year before he made the team.

BBO nominates Cooper Marody to be added to the next list. :sarcasm:

I think you mean "wise ass BBO mentioned Marody but I'm nominating him formally!" :)

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Maksimov is a guy that could end up being a hell of a player, while I agree that Yamamoto as of this time is the better prospect there is a lot to like in Makzimov's game. I'm more surprised that Jones got a vote after an unspectacular rookie pro season.

I think you mean "wise ass BBO mentioned Marody but I'm nominating him formally!" :)

I had a rather long post in the prospect camp thread that actually mentioned you. Very high on the player.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
People here thinking he will be better than Gaudreau? I'd be thrilled if he was even 3/4 of the player Johnny is.

I think his upside is Eberle with more compete and grit. He was actually my vote for our best prospect too.

The hype is real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad