HFOil Confession/ how are you dealing with the offseason?

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Making the playoffs is such a low bar. I'd be happy to make the playoffs but I wouldn't brag about it unless we went on a significant run.

The Flames faced probably the weakest playoff team there was and then were appropriately crushed by an actual playoff team.

true, it is a low bar, but it's been so long in edmonton i'd consider it a very high bar, cus once you make the playoffs, anything can happen

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

CBC's playoff intro videos are really good. Lot's of clips from every decade.

I'm sure I've posted this somewhere else but it had to be said

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Making the playoffs is such a low bar. I'd be happy to make the playoffs but I wouldn't brag about it unless we went on a significant run.

The Flames faced probably the weakest playoff team there was and then were appropriately crushed by an actual playoff team.
if we made the playoffs this year I'd brag about it...considering no one expects it and we'd be a year ahead of schedule

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
For me the "offseason" started about twenty-five games into Eakins' coaching career here. I might have seen 5 games after Dec of 2013. I've never even seen Nikitin or the other new defenseman we got b4 last season play a single shift.

For me it's a case of wondering how much of a fan I'm going to be in the years ahead.

A few years ago when the center ice pkg became available on satellite I switched over from regular cable just to get the Oiler games. I'm not sure if I'm even going to get the pkg next year, i might just watch the televised games out here and see how much I can get into it.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
For me the "offseason" started about twenty-five games into Eakins' coaching career here. I might have seen 5 games after Dec of 2013. I've never even seen Nikitin or the other new defenseman we got b4 last season play a single shift.

For me it's a case of wondering how much of a fan I'm going to be in the years ahead.

A few years ago when the center ice pkg became available on satellite I switched over from regular cable just to get the Oiler games. I'm not sure if I'm even going to get the pkg next year, i might just watch the televised games out here and see how much I can get into it.

Considering like half of them are national games this year you probably won't miss center ice

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am ready for hockey. The weather is taking a turn for the worse. Fall is in the air and I was talking to the guy who sets up our fantasy league yesterday about it.

Bring on hockey.

I am not sold on this line up we have but it is undoubtedly the best line up we have had in a long time.

Playoffs most likely a dream but even watching the team after Eakins was gone was at least decent hockey. Looking forward to the season.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I am ready for hockey. The weather is taking a turn for the worse. Fall is in the air and I was talking to the guy who sets up our fantasy league yesterday about it.

Bring on hockey.

I am not sold on this line up we have but it is undoubtedly the best line up we have had in a long time.

Playoffs most likely a dream but even watching the team after Eakins was gone was at least decent hockey. Looking forward to the season.

That's the thing for me, I just couldn't even watch Eakins hockey, it was horrible hockey to watch. It's tough enough losing consistently, but when there's no excitement, it's mind numbing.

As soon as Eakins was axed, the quality of hockey got better and I found myself watching a lot more games.

I feel confident that the quality of hockey will be good with TM behind the bench. I don't predict playoffs, but I think it will be a much better brand of hockey to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad