HFOil Confession/ how are you dealing with the offseason?

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
hockey camps, ballers, gf, and bbq's. works been a pain. ****, i've been dreaming of mcdavid and ufc fighter rory macdonald for the past month. sooo weird.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I've kinda calmed down from the hype. I'm still excited for the season but things have tempered me. I've mostly been just playing video games and working. I'm getting an Xbox One and GoW UE so that'll eat up some time.

Also I got schwifty.

SmGMKlx.png

Oh I bet you did

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm sooooooooo boooooooooooooooooooooooooored.

In other news I'm pretty close to booking my trip to the WJC in Helsinki. Unfortunately will probably not be much to watch in terms of Oilers prospects but William Lagesson should make Team Sweden and Caleb Jones has a shot to make Team USA at least.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
This year I am doing great with the Blue Jays actually being in a playoff position this late in the season helps so much, along with trying to get into UFC and being weeks behind in New Japan Pro Wrestling shows, I haven't given hockey a thought since we drafted whats-his-name. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
This year I am doing great with the Blue Jays actually being in a playoff position this late in the season helps so much, along with trying to get into UFC and being weeks behind in New Japan Pro Wrestling shows, I haven't given hockey a thought since we drafted whats-his-name. :sarcasm:

You didn't work in the Surveying industry did you?

If you did, I might know you.

More specifically a Geomatics outfit.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Reading everything possible about our team and spending a ******** of time on here with you guys!

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Doin a little better now that I spent the weekend in Saskatoon for the UFC event there. Sasktel Center staff though could use some lessons from real security staffs though. I had to explain to the guards like 5 times why people were not allowed to be standing up during fights for extended periods of time, and finally yelled at one of them to contact the UFC security up front, who I heard on the radio promptly demand they sit the people down.

I was in the first row off the floor, and it was the entire last row of the floor in one section that kept standing up trying to get themselves on camera since they were on the opposite side of the main cameras. It made me miss the overzealous Rexall staff.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
My wife and I have a baby due in September. But more importantly, training camp!

Sadly, my wife won't let me name the little one McDavid (first choice) or Connor (second choice). She said something about not being traditional girl names, but I chalk it up to pregnancy hormones.

:clap:

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
This is a great and accurate prediction from that CalPuck thread. :sarcasm:

The "experts" already dusting off those 2009-13 preseason predictions that this is the Oilers year.

There's absolutely nothing that's going to change up with the Oilers on the ice or off the ice; quite the opposite, Lowe's going to be strutting around like some proud father, thinking that somehow this win justifies everything he's done and not done over the years, and this is going to turn everything around moreso than any of the other #1 picks. It will give the Oilers the positive PR which Lowe is already lapping up.

The guys sounds like he might be pretty good; enough to get some more points on his own...which means an improvement next year....which means Lowe's going to not do a single thing outside of ride this guy, and the positive results are going to mask the same issues....which means Lowe and his minions aren't going anywhere now for a while, and Lowe will continue to drive that team into the toilet.

This is not going to to attract UFA's or get players via trade (no one of value will waive, still), the supplemental players that need to teach these guys character and discipline. Plus, defenseman that don't resemble swiss cheese.

Too bad this guys career is never going to reach his potential, with his 3-5 years (probably more) stuck in that hellhole of an organization and city up north.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Funny how cocky a team's fanbase can be when their team has passed the first round exactly twice in the last 25 years, including some hilarious upsets.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Funny how cocky a team's fanbase can be when their team has passed the first round exactly twice in the last 25 years, including some hilarious upsets.

Yeah but wouldn't we be cocky as well? I know if we made the playoffs this year I'd be beyond cocky with my flames fans friends. It's been so long since I've been able to Beak other fanbases that I'd get carried away

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah but wouldn't we be cocky as well? I know if we made the playoffs this year I'd be beyond cocky with my flames fans friends. It's been so long since I've been able to Beak other fanbases that I'd get carried away

Making the playoffs is such a low bar. I'd be happy to make the playoffs but I wouldn't brag about it unless we went on a significant run.

The Flames faced probably the weakest playoff team there was and then were appropriately crushed by an actual playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad