OT: HFNYR OT Thread XII - Please read rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If the allegations in the SDNY attorney's statement are accurate, Carton is a grade-A scum bag and will be doing serious, serious jailtime.

I agree with all of that... If you read the press release in it's entirety, the people that got ripped off did ZERO due diligence about the plan. It was borderline asking for it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah that press release is thorough and damning. Don't get yourself buried in debt kids.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I agree with all of that... If you read the press release in it's entirety, the people that got ripped off did ZERO due diligence about the plan. It was borderline asking for it.

They did some due diligence since they required a signed agreement from the CEO of the arena group. Which Carton allegedly had forged. There's not much done beyond that with transactions like this. They wouldn't normally go to the arena group and pester them.

I wouldn't say that they were "asking for it". Carton is a public figure and a pseudo-celebrity. I think that most would take him and a signed document as enough evidence since the contract was with Carton and not the arena group.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This morning I had the fun adventure of coming home from work at 4am and then the whole apartment building lost power right before I went to bed. Didn't go to bed until 5:30 because the man covering the night shift for the super is useless and we had to run around to find the super.

Great times. Learned a bunch about a few of my neighbors.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ended up trading in my Wrangler. Had some issues with it that I didn't want to live with and all. Went with a certified Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. More my style, anyway, since I have always been a sports car guy. I downsized from two cars to one, so I kill two birds with one stone this way.

Q0Lt23L.jpg

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Looks great Jon. No need for a car yet but when the time comes I'm thinking a sports wagon.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
In Buffalo I need something with AWD. I went and got an Impreza and I've been very happy with that car, but I'm upset cause I can only take my Camaro out for a spin for like 4 months a year here. :laugh: not the silly looking new ones either

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
In Buffalo I need something with AWD. I went and got an Impreza and I've been very happy with that car, but I'm upset cause I can only take my Camaro out for a spin for like 4 months a year here. :laugh: not the silly looking new ones either

I had an 05 Impreza WRX. The car was an absolute savage. Better in snow than my 2 subsequent SUVs and not close.

I miss that car. Might try to get an old used one to commute in.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Had a practice interview yesterday. They asked me what the last book I read was. I reluctantly answered fireman lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad