Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Link to last thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1882291

OT Thread Rules:
1. Everyone is welcome in this thread.
2. All posts must conform to the site rules. We will remove any posts that don't add to or continue the discussion.
3. We have to know what you're saying in every post.
4. This is not a chat room. Back-and-forth conversations between users that do not have meaning for the larger community will be directed to private message.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Oh, if you browse HF on mobile, DO NOT hit the numbers under the thread names by accident. They are the same length as a phone number in some cases and will dial a number.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We were supposed to have Adam Dutkiewicz from Killswitch Engage stopping by where I work a few days ago, but it didn't happen. Since then, I've been listening to a lot of them and other bands who peaked in the same era, like Shadows Fall. I've been enjoying it. I haven't really listened to that stuff in a while.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I won't. They are some death/heavy metal by their words. Sumerian death metal. It is spectacular

:laugh: I love metal band descriptions. Named after a civilization that hasn't existed for thousands of years.

I'll give them a look when I have a chance.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The fact that this is a place of higher learning and people are acting like ignorant children

Yeah, I always wondered why people felt the need to act like children in a university setting.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I mean, campus IS a place full of kids. These are 18-20 year olds. Hell, even a bunch of the graduate students I know act like kids.

As long as kids take class seriously (which is a very big problem, since so many students don't) campus could be a clown zone.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Only 48 days to go before my trip to Seattle! Going on holiday for 6 weeks. Can't wait! I have some nice things planned, including a bunch of WHL games where I hope to see Ryan Gropp and Brad Morrison play live a few times.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I mean, campus IS a place full of kids. These are 18-20 year olds. Hell, even a bunch of the graduate students I know act like kids.

As long as kids take class seriously (which is a very big problem, since so many students don't) campus could be a clown zone.

But not many do. I unfortunately take mine so seriously that they devour my life and I start panicking right off the bat :shakehead

My friends and I built a field out in the woods for airsoft, it's pretty cool. What do you have?

My newest addition is the IWI licensed Tavor by Umarex. It's really cool and has a blowback feature which kind of gives it a weak recoil. Regarding where I play, we go ahead in my yard because it's big, or play in the cqc in Tonawanda(I prefer outdoor, but in Buffalo no one plays outdoors in -10 degrees) :laugh:

Does that make it unable to shoot them?

I don't want to be arrested/have them taken from me :laugh:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Only 48 days to go before my trip to Seattle! Going on holiday for 6 weeks. Can't wait! I have some nice things planned, including a bunch of WHL games where I hope to see Ryan Gropp and Brad Morrison play live a few times.

6 weeks? How did you manage that? I hope you enjoy it!

*Bob Richards*

Always wanted to visit the Pacific Northwest. Climate is perfect for me.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
6 weeks? How did you manage that? I hope you enjoy it!

1. I get 30 days off each year. Since I work shifts, I don't really need to take many days off (working 6, off 4 which means I need 6 days off to go away for 2 weeks). I carry it over to the following year and after doing so for several years I now have close to 80 days I have to use.
2. I am staying with someone who I know from work. That saves me A LOT of money on hotels etc

As a Seahawks fan, this will be a great trip. I also want to plan trips to Portland, Vancouver, Kelowna (Yeah, I am crazy. I know) and maybe, if there's time, Alaska.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I can see where TCRF is coming from, I feel the exact opposite. Too many people at my uni are robots. You also have to be careful with who you befriend because a lot of them are out for themselves. I can't remember the countless number of times I helped someone on an assignment, yet they were nowhere to be seen when I asked for the same or they weaseled out some excuse not to help out. Mind you, a lot of these people are really smart and were seen with the prof all the time in extra help hours. Those are the types of snakes I can't stand at all, I'd prefer the slackers from HS honestly because they aren't 2-faced.

I'm pretty sure it's the school I'm at and not the area itself because I've met students from the other nearby uni there are some genuinely great people to have fun around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad