OT: HFNYR Official Foodie Thread including Craft Beer, Wine & Liquor

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Walleye is the gourmet fish in its species. Everything in the perch family is delicious but walleye is just amazing. Not at all fishy or gamey, just a tender and delicious fish. They're also great fun to catch.
I heard zander tastes the same but never tried either.

Reactions: Ail

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Walleye is the gourmet fish in its species. Everything in the perch family is delicious but walleye is just amazing. Not at all fishy or gamey, just a tender and delicious fish. They're also great fun to catch.
I would love to learn how to fly fish or fish at all for that matter.

I always joke saying "I'll cook 'em & eat 'em but I'll be damned if I know shit about catching 'em"

Reactions: Ail

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
New method for ROAST TURKEY:

Dry brine:

Covered the bird in kosher salt, pepper, lots of garlic powder & Tarragon. Put it in one of those big roasting bags (I was cooking a 20 lb bird for 20 folks) & left for at least 24hrs

Didn't rinse it off... just laid it in roasting pan UPSIDE DOWN (breasts down) on a bed of celery, onion, carrot, garlic & the turkey neck. Filled bottom of pan w a cup or two of turkey broth. Upside down so the breasts were being basted by the dark meat.

- cooked @ 425 degrees for 45 mins
- flipped the bird, reduced heat to 325 until internal temp was 165 (breast)

It was absolutely amazing.

I've done a lot of methods including deep frying, grilling, brine etc.

This was the best I've done by far. (Deep frying is damn close tho)

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
That turkey recipe sounds great and like something I’ll use in the future.

Not related to food or beer, but this has become sort of the overall OT thread as well…

Got myself onto a high end men’s team here in Dallas - still have to figure out how to pay the league fees, working on a payment plan or seeing if anyone on the team can spot me until I start working - but I put some new hockey gear on my Christmas list, not expecting much, but I knew I could use some new twigs, for instance so I figured I’d put it out there and see what happened.

Well I guess my family knew how tough the last few months have been and how much hockey means to me/playing competitively again will boost my mental health so they came together to seriously hook it up. Between everyone on both sides (my family plus in-laws) I ended up with a solid haul. I figure at minimum @EdJovanovski will appreciate the details.

Ended up with a CCM Super Tacks X helmet which I popped my visor on, navy blue. Two CCM Ribcor Trigger 8 Pro twigs, 75 flex. CCM Tacks 4 roll Pro2 gloves, navy blue. Two pairs of CCM socks in the newer, thin style in navy and grey, and a damn near year’s supply of white, black and clear tape. I desperately need a new hockey bag because I’m using my old basic training ruck sack, but I can’t afford one right now. I also really, probably need to upgrade my skates eventually but no chance of affording that right now. I’m still wearing Bauer APX skates that were top of the line but are almost 12 years old now.

Hoping to hop on the ice tomorrow for some stick and puck in Richardson.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What foods do you cook in your air fryer?

I'm considering the following:
shrimp tempura
french fries
hash browns
battered fish
spring rolls
chicken
frozen pizza

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
What foods do you cook in your air fryer?

I'm considering the following:
shrimp tempura
french fries
hash browns
battered fish
spring rolls
chicken
frozen pizza
I only have one of the first air fryers so it’s on the smaller side and has more of a basket than oven, but I do love cooking wings in it. Crispiest I can get them without a deep fryer

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I only have one of the first air fryers so it’s on the smaller side and has more of a basket than oven, but I do love cooking wings in it. Crispiest I can get them without a deep fryer
I got one that has a glass door and light because I need to see if things are burning without opening door. Used it today. Shrimp came out great. Fries and spring roll came out just okay.

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
People must like these MotorCity Pizzas. They keep selling out by me which is frustrating. I tried a Raos Fire Roasted Veggie Pizza. Its about $2 more than MotorCity. I just made it. The seasoned veggies on top were better than most pizzas. I would give it an 7 out of 10 for frozen pizzas but I do miss that MotorCity crust.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

Just teamed up with Eighty Twenty Smash, burgers are amazing..

Reactions: UnSandvich

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I haven't seen too many 4.5 West Coast IPA's ...if any. I'd be eager to give that a try.

It’s very smooth and has a nice finish to it. No bitterness at all.

I’ve been to a lot of breweries, one of my favorites in NY is Equilibrium in Middletown. Also love Grimm in Brooklyn as well. But this one is very local for me, and I’ve found myself liking nearly all their beers. They are currently working on a Nitro imperial Coffee Stout, which sounds amazing.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I wish I could send yall some of the beer my brewery is pumping out.

We outsold Sam Adams last year in the entire state of Texas and are still growing rapidly. Number 9 craft beer on the market, including crap like New Belgium that’s only beating us because of those Voodoo Ranger tall boys that taste like nutsack, and Shiner which is really, really not craft.

We just tapped a couple of new beers and next weekend we’re taking down the traditional lineup from our tap room and putting up 10 barrel aged beers on draft. All from us. All different experiments and varietals. I’m so pumped. Wish I could share the hype with everyone.

I get unlimited (genuinely, endless) free beer in the tap room AND packaged. I’d sample you all into a drunken stupor.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

We outsold Sam Adams last year in the entire state of Texas and are still growing rapidly. Number 9 craft beer on the market, including crap like New Belgium that’s only beating us because of those Voodoo Ranger tall boys that taste like nutsack, and Shiner which is really, really not craft.

We just tapped a couple of new beers and next weekend we’re taking down the traditional lineup from our tap room and putting up 10 barrel aged beers on draft. All from us. All different experiments and varietals. I’m so pumped. Wish I could share the hype with everyone.

I get unlimited (genuinely, endless) free beer in the tap room AND packaged. I’d sample you all into a drunken stupor.
You sound like you are doing well. That is great news! Nice to have pride in your product. Surprised you sold more than a large brand like Same Adams. Texans love their beer. I remember places like Chesters hamburgers would be stocked with what seemed like hundreds of brands.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006

Name and do you sell in NY?

View attachment 796405
View attachment 796407
Just teamed up with Eighty Twenty Smash, burgers are amazing..

I'm back working in Pearl River so I'd like to stop in and grab a 4 or 6 pack. Where's this at?

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Name and do you sell in NY?

I'm back working in Pearl River so I'd like to stop in and grab a 4 or 6 pack. Where's this at?

It’s Manhattan Project Beer Company. We only have distribution in TX, but I do believe it’s possible get through Total Wine as we’re in all of their retail locations in TX. They probably sell it on the site and just ship from one of the superstores down here. Not sure if they do that or not. I mostly handle on-premise accounts like pubs and not much retail unless it’s like craft bottle shops that also pour fresh beer.

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
It’s Manhattan Project Beer Company. We only have distribution in TX, but I do believe it’s possible get through Total Wine as we’re in all of their retail locations in TX. They probably sell it on the site and just ship from one of the superstores down here. Not sure if they do that or not. I mostly handle on-premise accounts like pubs and not much retail unless it’s like craft bottle shops that also pour fresh beer.

That's your place? I stopped there after the Rangers played dallas last year. I'm into sours, the Bikini atoll was great. Can't remember what else we had lol

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If you like rye at all, go out to Bansum wine & liquor in Patchogue and grab a bottle of Neet's Smokewagon Rye store pick. It's absolutely phenomenal.
(yes this is the bottle i put into the PGT)

IMG_0892.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad