Status
Not open for further replies.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
HFNYR Armchair Fantasy GM League

The Background

Have you ever wanted to run your very own NHL team? Be in charge of player personnel top to bottom? Make trades, sign players, negotiate with agents, and scout your next franchise cornerstone? Do you think you can do a better job then the current real life GM's? Well, then prove it! Come compete against some of the best hockey minds HFNYR has to offer (and whatever Killem is ;)) by taking the reigns of you own NHL franchise!

If I've caught your attention, keep reading for a high level overview of this armchair GM league.

Step 1

GM's will be hired to take the reigns of their own NHL club.

Step 2

Be responsible for building your team. You will take part in a NHL fantasy draft right here on HF Boards. Draft your entire roster, make necessary trades, and get ready to go to war.

Step 3

Entire the offseason in the NHL. Trade players, negotiate with agents to sign/re-sign players, and draft the next crop of rookies.

Step 4

This is still to be determined. Your team, along with every other team, will be put through a simulator (either something like NHL 18 or a fantasy sports league) to see who can come out on top.

Once the season is over you'll jump right back into the offseason since a GM's job never ends. Always keep in mind, expansion may also be right around the corner as well!

If this is something that may interest you, please respond to this thread. If we get enough interest then I will put up real thread and start dividing up teams!

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I would like to get somewhere between 12-16 teams at the very least to get this off the ground.

Right now we're at 5.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Right now we have 8 people...as I mentioned I would like to get to at least 12 before we get this up and running.

If no other HFNYR will want to participate I may reach out to people that have participated in my games on other sub forums.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Right now we have 8 people...as I mentioned I would like to get to at least 12 before we get this up and running.

If no other HFNYR will want to participate I may reach out to people that have participated in my games on other sub forums.

When do you think it will start?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
When do you think it will start?

The actual fantasy draft will probably start right after the 4th of July. I don't want to start the draft before that and have a major interruption right in the middle of it.

In the meantime I am going to make sure all of the pieces are put into place.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
The actual fantasy draft will probably start right after the 4th of July. I don't want to start the draft before that and have a major interruption right in the middle of it.

In the meantime I am going to make sure all of the pieces are put into place.

Sounds great.
I believe Eastside hockey manager works for this kinda thing

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Sounds great.
I believe Eastside hockey manager works for this kinda thing

Yeah I'm going to take a look at a couple of different simulators and see what works best. I'll let everyone know before we get the draft started so that you can plan accordingly.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
We're at 9 right now. I sent out some messages to people that have been a part of my games in the past.

I've been looking into using EHM for the simulator, I think it has some potential.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
We're at 11 right now. While I would obviously like to get as many as possible, if we get somewhere between 14-16 then that should be good to start and then we can expand from there.

To get a head start I'll start giving GM's their teams. We'll do it in order or people who signed up. Expect a PM from me in the near future to pick your team.

Side Note: I'm also going to be looking for people to be agents for free agency (more details to come) so if you like negotiating deals hit me up!

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
After doing some research I'm thinking that Fantrax may be the best way to go in terms of a simulator. It's completely free and can be setup as a keeper league, and everyone has the ability to look at their team as opposed to something like NHL 18 or EHM that I would only get to view and I'd have to provide updates regularly on for some.

As a side note, I have 11 GM's in here that have confirmed interest with another 3 that have expressed interest but have not yet posted in here.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
After doing some research I'm thinking that Fantrax may be the best way to go in terms of a simulator. It's completely free and can be setup as a keeper league, and everyone has the ability to look at their team as opposed to something like NHL 18 or EHM that I would only get to view and I'd have to provide updates regularly on for some.

As a side note, I have 11 GM's in here that have confirmed interest with another 3 that have expressed interest but have not yet posted in here.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't Fantrax just a Fantasy hockey site, so we'd be waiting until October for this

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't Fantrax just a Fantasy hockey site, so we'd be waiting until October for this

Yeah it is but that's just the route we may have to take.

With EHM I don't know if I can start a league where I control all the teams and I don't know if we can do a league with less then 30 teams.

With NHL 18 I know I can control all the teams in season mode but again we would need 30 teams (unless I fill out the unused teams with players that are in the 40-50 overall range so they have little effect on the real teams).

The only other simulator that I can think of would be off a fantasy hockey site that is done based on the real NHL season.

If someone can think of something else I'm open for suggestions :)

I think that by the time we complete the fantasy draft, the entry draft, and free agency we'd probably be into September anyways.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Yeah it is but that's just the route we may have to take.

With EHM I don't know if I can start a league where I control all the teams and I don't know if we can do a league with less then 30 teams.

With NHL 18 I know I can control all the teams in season mode but again we would need 30 teams (unless I fill out the unused teams with players that are in the 40-50 overall range so they have little effect on the real teams).

The only other simulator that I can think of would be off a fantasy hockey site that is done based on the real NHL season.

If someone can think of something else I'm open for suggestions :)

I think that by the time we complete the fantasy draft, the entry draft, and free agency we'd probably be into September anyways.

After a bit of work I found Fantasy Hockey Manager 2. Looks like it fits the bill. Not sure if the rosters are current though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad