HFNHL Opening Round Free Agency Results

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Having signed Eric-with-a-c (call me Tom) Selleck, the Columbus Blue Jackets withdraw from the second round of bidding on Kyle Greentree. That leaves Pittsburgh the only bidder for Greentree's services. Enjoy, Robb!

(If I'm not technically permitted to withdraw, I'll simply reiterate my previous bid and let the chips fall where they may.)

Matt must have failed his typing class back in school. :sarcasm:

The main FA file has the correct spelling it just got typed up wrong for this post, I'll update here either way.

And no, you're not technically allowed to withdraw from the offer on Greentree as far as I know. Should I be corrected on this? I thought all offers are final and yours is still in play as it was a #1 priority. Of course you don't have to increase your offer if you don't want to so you'll just need Robb to step in and up the ante.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
And no, you're not technically allowed to withdraw from the offer on Greentree as far as I know. Should I be corrected on this? I thought all offers are final and yours is still in play as it was a #1 priority. Of course you don't have to increase your offer if you don't want to so you'll just need Robb to step in and up the ante.

I think that's how I remembered it too, which is why I put that caveat in there. If $650k is too rich for Robb's blood, that's fine, I'll just add Greentree to my stable of big-bodied left wingers. Otherwise, he's welcome to bid $660k and walk away with him.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
This is kinda boring today. Can someone break a rule or point out some mistakes that I've made so it creates a mess for people to argue about?

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
This is the calm before the storm that will occur after the lottery isnt much to talk about till after then it goes quiet till ratings come out and the season grows near

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
The deadline to submit offers passed last night, hopefully everyone who intended on sending some in has done so.

I will start processing the results today and may even have the results to announce before the lottery starts tonight.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Please Note: Jeff has completed the 2nd round of bids and updated them in post #1 of this thread!!!

Please stand by for a 2nd phase of free agency - we will set that up this weekend.....

And once again a fantastic job done by Mr. Kirk. Thanks so much!!

Bill Guerin - $3,100,000 x 4 STL
Wade Redden - $2,900,000 x 4 DET
Erik Cole - $3,000,000 x 4 NAS
Brian Rolston - $3,000,000 x 2 LA
Manny Legace - $2,100,000 x 1 FLA
Chris Osgood - $2,200,000 x 2 MIN
Owen Nolan - $2,000,001 x 1 EDM
Ethan Moreau - $2,200,000 x 2 MIN
Patrick Lalime - $1,500,00 x 4 STL
Joey MacDonald - $1,200,000 x 2 DAL
Chris Clark - $1,000,000 x 3 BUF
John Erskine - $1,250,000 x 2 TOR
Christoph Schubert - $1,100,000 x 3 FLA
Andreas Lilja - $1,750,000 x 4 TOR
Shane Hnidy - $1,250,000 x 2 TOR
Curtis Sanford - $950,000 x 3 BUF
Brad Lukowich - $850,000 x 1 VAN
Kyle Greentree - $660,000 x 3 PIT
Evan Brophey - $790,000 x 2 MIN

Last edited:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Everything in Post #1 should now be updated to include all 2nd round signings and lottery results. Please have a look and make sure there aren't any glaring mistakes with players you've signed.

As Matt mentioned, Phase 2 of FA will open up sometime on the weekend or the beginning of next week. I'll be updating the FA Offer File in the Yahoo group to list only the remaining players in the next day or two so you'll need to download that once it's ready...I'll post/email when done.

Hopefully everyone is fairly happy with the results of FA so far, I'm sure glad this part is done!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
That's a badass update, thanks Jeff!

And Redden for less than $3 million per is pretty good value, it seems to me -- or will be if someone picks him up off wavers when the Rags send him down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Unbelievable. In the running for 10 UDFAs and came up empty.

It could be worse - you could have been Gledhill. ;)

As I recall, most of the guys you were in the mix for were the ones that had most GMs involved, so your odds of coming away with one weren't great. I was in 14 draws, including some smaller pools, and only hit on one. What's truly unbelievable was how CGY, VAN and SJS kept coming up, even in the big draws.

Actually, though, I think the winner last night was Edmonton - Jeff only won two draws, but Newton and Testwuide both project very well.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It could be worse - you could have been Gledhill. ;)

As I recall, most of the guys you were in the mix for were the ones that had most GMs involved, so your odds of coming away with one weren't great. I was in 14 draws, including some smaller pools, and only hit on one. What's truly unbelievable was how CGY, VAN and SJS kept coming up, even in the big draws.

Actually, though, I think the winner last night was Edmonton - Jeff only won two draws, but Newton and Testwuide both project very well.

Admittedly I know very little about these guys, but I was pretty happy to land the 2 that I did. I can't complain too much about going 2 for 10.

Of course being a Canucks fan I really wanted Tanev but no such luck!

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19596

Apparently, Evgeny Skachkov is saying that he never signed a deal with the NHL Blues, and will be playing the 2010-11 season in the KHL. According to the link above, his deal with Ak Bars was signed back in June, which I think would invalidate his HFNHL signing with Detroit, as opposed to moving him to Detroit's prospect list.

Love me those Russians...

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Well, for now, the discussion over who would get what 2nd is a moot point, because...

For violating the 80-man roster threshold during the first round of bidding, the New York Islanders have been removed from the second round of bidding on any UFAs, as well as any opening round lottery draws on UDFAs for which the team would have been eligible. In addition, the team will be forced to withdraw one of its two offer sheets to RFAs Andrew Ladd and Matt Moulson. Should the team manage to clear roster space in the coming days, it will be eligible to participate in Phase Two of free agency.
If anyone was unclear as to whether or not we're counting players, here's your answer.

Here is the board related to 2010 FA where I was removed from bidding on any more players including UDFA. Sorry Brock, it was Matt as a commissioner.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00