HFNHL 2010 Entry Draft

Default101

Montreal's lottery win puts them 4th in the 1st round, but they go back to 8th in rounds 2nd-7th like in the NHL correct? I'm 95% sure of this just wanted to clairify.

7th pick would have probably been that much more confusing for me than picking 8th in terms of who i would want to get.

Default101

I feel like the Maple Leafs, every year i draft 7th-11th, I don't make the playoffs, and when i do ever decide to trade my 1st round pick, it'll be the 2nd overall.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Much like the Canadiens slide back to their regular spot in the 2nd round, don't teams go back to their regular season standings position for rounds 2-7 as well?

Should the Bruins be picking 4th from the bottom every round or just round 1 then going back to 24th for the remaining? This would apply to all teams of course not just the Bruins, was just curious.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Much like the Canadiens slide back to their regular spot in the 2nd round, don't teams go back to their regular season standings position for rounds 2-7 as well?

Should the Bruins be picking 4th from the bottom every round or just round 1 then going back to 24th for the remaining? This would apply to all teams of course not just the Bruins, was just curious.

Last year, these teams remained at the bottom of each round. I'm fairly confident that's the way it works in the NHL.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I am going on vacation to the US on wednesday and I will not be home until the draft on the 19th, who should I email my list for the first three rounds?

Default101

I wonder, has the league ever considered extending the live draft to 4 rounds? I understand there's only so much people can handle at one time, but I wonder if considerations of extending it from 3 to 4 rounds has ever been made? Or the idea of having 1-3 on Saturday @ 10am or whatever, and 4-7 @ 10am on Sunday, where a List could or directions could be submitted from those who would not be able to attend the second day?

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I wonder, has the league ever considered extending the live draft to 4 rounds? I understand there's only so much people can handle at one time, but I wonder if considerations of extending it from 3 to 4 rounds has ever been made? Or the idea of having 1-3 on Saturday @ 10am or whatever, and 4-7 @ 10am on Sunday, where a List could or directions could be submitted from those who would not be able to attend the second day?

I like the 1-4 rounds in live draft too:yo:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

I think it's a lot to ask for many of the people in our league...particularly the fathers. The weekend of our draft is always fathers day weekend and it has to suck for those dads to miss a day of pampering. Dividing it up would likely be disastrous and unfair. If only 5 people (hypothetically) show up for the second day and get to make their picks live and the rest go by list, it wouldn't exactly be fair.

Quite frankly, I kind of like the way it's divided into the first three rounds live, the rest by list. The first three rounds take long enough as it is (upwards of 5 hours sometimes). I just don't know I could take adding more time to it.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Rounds 1-3 live are hard enough for me. Also we have people around the world and those in Australia might not be able to draft on a Sunday morning. It's bad enough they give up a Saturday night

Default101

Just thought it would be an interesting idea and wondered in the league considered it, those are all good reasons to keep it at 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad