Dobes
McNiven
Demchenko
Verbeek
Alain
Pezzetta
Rucheinski
Henriksson

Edit: Adding differential from last year.
2019 ranking: HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I'm really, really late to this party but why is Evans a prospect other than # of games played? He's a lock for 4C this year. Poehling over Evans? F***ing seriously?

On certainty for NHL readiness alone, Evans.

On ceiling alone, mini-Suzuki (Farrell).

On consistency alone, Harris.

On value to the organization long term into 2030, Primeau.

As an overall package..... even though I know the toolbox needs some work, Guhle. Elite skating and great physicality, decent shot, good size. Extremely valuable if his development with Bouchard/Richardson goes as intended.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I'm really, really late to this party but why is Evans a prospect other than # of games played? He's a lock for 4C this year. Poehling over Evans? F***ing seriously?

As an overall package..... even though I know the toolbox needs some work, Guhle. Elite skating and great physicality, decent shot, good size. Extremely valuable if his development with Bouchard/Richardson goes as intended.

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The thing is, a prospect isn't ranked on any one criteria alone. Certainty of NHL readiness is very low on my list of priorities.

As for Evans, I like his all around game. I think he may be able to step into the top 9 as a 20 goal, 40 point guy one day.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I just broke the Tie breaker putting Primeau over Guhle.

I do like Guhle but Primeau's just shown more and actually has high upside.
I think Guhle might have high upside but I don't know if it's better than Primeau's plus he's shown nothing yet.

add Teasdale

I got a feeling Teasdale will move up A LOT higher before season's end.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
The first year as a professional can sometimes be a big adjustment, and I expect Poehling and Brook to drop more than they truly deserve. Same for Teasdale, who had a stellar finish to his junior career but who haven't play hockey since a long time. But I think the 3 of them are still very good prospects and shouldn't be discarded too quickly.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's pretty rare that our 1st round pick slots in as our 4th best prospect right after the draft.

Usually 1 or 2, if I remember correctly.

And Guhle's a good one. So it's a good sign.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
It's pretty rare that our 1st round pick slots in as our 4th best prospect right after the draft.

Usually 1 or 2, if I remember correctly.

And Guhle's a good one. So it's a good sign.

Regardless of the player chosen in this 2020 draft, Romanov-Caufield were going to be 1-2 or 2-1 no question. Slot #3 was the ceiling of our pick after the draft.

As for norlinder #3, i understand fans are salivating (and rightfully so) over his offensive toolbox. It’s hard to remember the last time we had such a spectacular D prospect.

Regarding Guhle, fans do see an intriguing size-skating-grit-attitude combination but it’s always easier to appreciate a dynamic player rather than a low key complete package like Guhle. All around players with no glaring hole without being dynamic offensively are always somewhat underestimated.

In my mind it’s the reason he may drop 1-2 spots in some ranking especially considering we have many promising prospects (like Norlinder by example)

in my opinion :

Romanov-Caufield are sharing top 2 spots
Then it’s Guhle or Norlinder as #3 #4 or #4 #3

then it’s arguably Primeau rounding up the top 5.

because he is G, i am tempted to put Harris/Struble/Mysak in front of him but that would not be fair to Primeau. It’s very rare for me to have a G in top5. In my mind, a G has minimal value unless proven. But the fact that Primeau has a path to become an NHL in 2 years and a potential #1G in 3-5 years is increasing his stock in my opinion. Most goalie, as good as they are may never get a path to be a #1. Like basically all our goalie before Primeau because of Price. The timing of Primeau appears optimal.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
1. Alexander Romanov (50.0%) (+4)
2. Cole Caufield (85.4%) (-)
3. Mattias Norlinder (43.9%) (+9)

Prospects to be put on voting list (current order):
Biondi
Stapley
Teasdale
Dichow
Ikonen
Vejdemo
J. Olofsson
Smith
Pitlick
Khisatmudinov
Harvey-Pinard
Gordin
Gorniak
G. Olofsson
Leskinen
Dauphin
LeGuerrier
Dobes
McNiven
Demchenko
Verbeek
Alain
Pezzetta
Rucheinski
Henriksson

Edit: Adding differential from last year.
2019 ranking: HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings

It’s incredible how much change one year can do.

based on last year result:

poehling : wayyyy to high. Hat trick syndrome
Caufield : Fair
Suzuki : too low. Concern over his skating, size and NHL readiness were exaggerated
Romanov: too low
Brook: too high coming off a monster season. Don’t get me wrong his potential is still there but hard to see that one year ago Romanov was behind Brook.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Primeau should be ahead of kid Guhle as of right now. I am quite surprised.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad