HF Habs: HFHabs 2020 Prospect Rankings #4

Who is our next best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Guhle's gonna win this... and he isn't even the best prospect we got from the 2020 draft class.

If you're correct about this draft class, it has to do more with people underrating Mysak than over-rating Guhle.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I mean Guhle has reasonable 2nd pair potential, while Primeau has reasonable starter potential, so I thought it was going to be pretty clear who should be the higher ranked prospect at this point in time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Primeau hasn't proven he can be a consistent 50 to 60 NHL game really good starting goalie - in the NHL.

Until he proves that he hasn't proven anything. Mediocre goalies are a dime a dozen in the NHL - and the type of goalies that hinder team success, unless you have prime Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, etc... in front of you.

That applies to both Norlinder and Guhle too and they haven't turn pro yet. Primeau is further along in his development and it's great production. He has a better resume today

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean Guhle has reasonable 2nd pair potential, while Primeau has reasonable starter potential, so I thought it was going to be pretty clear who should be the higher ranked prospect at this point in time.

I think Primeau gets the edge cause he is closer to reaching his potential than Guhle. All we get to see with Guhle is his age 16 and 17 seasons. Guhle has value due to potential mostly and that is massive guess work. Primeau is not far from his potential on his development road.

With me Guhle has to have a great age 18 season in order to leap frog Primeau. Primeau would have to have a disappointing AHL season

I like that we added Guhle cause he was probably BPA with our pick. We didn't need a LD but you can't pass on a guy like that. However, it's about potential and like I said... all we got is potential and age 16 and 17 years of production. Lots of hurdles he needs to overcome in his draft +3 years of development where Primeau is at now.

Honestly, I expect Ghule to have a similar role to Brook and Juulsen on team Canada's D. Hope he proves me wrong and stands out in the eye test but not counting on it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad