HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I like the red/maroon seats. It adds some uniqueness to the arena. TD Garden just lost a lot of its character going to all black seats, as most arenas are doing now.

Were any updates made to the William Hill "lounge" or is it still just a little area with TV's?

When I was there the other day it looked the same as last year.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
wow i had no idea the bruins changed their seating color and legit the two arenas look identical minus the emblems on the ice lol. i guess thats something you dont really see on tv and my guess is thats why they switch to black because it hides the empties better then bright yellow and i'm sure maintenance and upkeep is cheaper. i remember the colors of brendan byrne! yikes thats 80s!

The 80s indeed!

cut.jpg

Upon searching for an image of the seat colors from those days, I also came across this article from earlier this year. The arena was being used as a full set to shoot "The Enemy Within" which was a series that ran from February to May on NBC and has since been cancelled. Still interesting to see the arena being used as such and how the different areas of the building were used also.

“From a production standpoint, it's an incredible gold mine because there’s almost an entire back lot of locations that you can use, in addition to the stage space that we have.” Outdoor filming locations near the arena include a decommissioned racetrack and plenty of private roads that the crew can shut down for the shooting of outdoor scenes. While most of the “standing”—or permanent—sets were built on the arena floor, the cavernous offices, stairwells, and other assorted spaces of the Meadowlands have proved to be ripe for stand-ins for everything from an FBI building to locker rooms. “Most soundstages are just a box: It’s four walls and a roof, and that’s kind of it. There’s no other texture around to play with,” adds Woodruff. “This arena has this huge infrastructure, with rafters, rooftops, vehicle tunnels, and lots of hallways.”

[...]

On traditional soundstages, a bell is generally rung to signal quiet on set. On set in the arena, well, you can guess what they use instead. The large scoreboard in the center of the space once flashed game scores. Now it’s used instead to display the scene number of the shot

The Incredible Transformation of a Major Sports Complex into a TV Soundstage

NUP_185949_0020.jpg

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I can live with our dark red seats if they were a water-resistant nylon material like they have at Barclays that doesn't stain so easily.

Edit: You know what would *really* look cool? If we totally ripped off TD Garden now that they switched to all black and had new seats that alternated between dark red and black in the lower bowl.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Dont have time to do the full analysis, but just looking at the worst sections.

In the last 5.5 days since I originally looked at this:

226 - had 79 on Saturday ..... 90 tickets for sale now.
212 - had 77 on Saturday ........ 70 tickets for sale now.
209 - had 93 on Saturday ......... 49 tickets for sale now.
132 - had 120 on Saturday ...... 77 tickets for sale now.
133 - had 96 on Saturday ...... 83 tickets for sale now.
10 - had 156 on Saturday ...... 120 tickets for sale now.
18 - had 113 on Saturday ...... 45 tickets for sale now.

Some of this seems incredibly odd to me, and I almost guarantee hijinx.

1) 226 isnt even selling & actually got worse, but 209 blew out HALF its' tix? Yes, I know 209 is DAT, but it's also $5 more per ticket, and most fans arent savvy enough to think DAT. Odd

2) Section 18 are $160, $250 & $300 tickets. I'm not believing that this section experienced some of the strongest sales action in the entire arena the last few days. Nope, Nope, Nope.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The 80s indeed!

cut.jpg

Upon searching for an image of the seat colors from those days, I also came across this article from earlier this year. The arena was being used as a full set to shoot "The Enemy Within" which was a series that ran from February to May on NBC and has since been cancelled. Still interesting to see the arena being used as such and how the different areas of the building were used also.

The Incredible Transformation of a Major Sports Complex into a TV Soundstage

NUP_185949_0020.jpg

i know a lot of people hated CAA but i'm in the minority and actually love the place. lots of really really good memories not just hockey but other events and having good times in the lots the walk and all that. really would be something if the devils would do a preseason game there.

also too i'm shocked its being used for tv i would always have thought they could turn it into a paintball/halloween type attraction

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
i know a lot of people hated CAA but i'm in the minority and actually love the place. lots of really really good memories not just hockey but other events and having good times in the lots the walk and all that. really would be something if the devils would do a preseason game there.

also too i'm shocked its being used for tv i would always have thought they could turn it into a paintball/halloween type attraction
shoutout to the cattle walk and the guys selling charcoal heated pretzels out of stolen shopping carts in the parking lot

Why did people hate CAA? No bars nearby? Big whoop. I trade that for parking lot tailgates for big games/playoffs any day. Sight lines were great. Place ROCKED during the playoffs. Like your cup vibrating across the cement floor rocked....it was awesome.

Reactions: dbv

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
shoutout to the cattle walk and the guys selling charcoal heated pretzels out of stolen shopping carts in the parking lot

Why did people hate CAA? No bars nearby? Big whoop. I trade that for parking lot tailgates for big games/playoffs any day. Sight lines were great. Place ROCKED during the playoffs. Like your cup vibrating across the cement floor rocked....it was awesome.

I liked it for what it was at the time but the prudential center is such an overall all around better experience. It took forever to go to the bathroom when it was sold out since there was only one small concourse. The parking lot was always a mess trying to get out of sold out games unless you bolted to your car. Prudential is just as loud if not louder than the old place too. Game 6 of the 2012 conference finals was absolutely wild loud and so other big games have been as well. Sight lines at Prudential are fantastic too.

Another huge factor for me that I love about Newark is free parking, I've saved about $1k a year, which would be about $13k since Prudential opened if not more cause I'm sure the Meadowlands would have raised the prices. I'm able to watch the 3 stars of the game and an interview and walk to my car and drive out with basically no traffic.

The staff, security and ushers are all way nicer and friendly than the old place as well.

Also don't have to worry about some dip sh*t hitting my car with a football because one guy can't throw and the other can't catch.

I attended a bunch of events there after the Devils had left and it just further backed up how much more I like Prudential. I'll take the Prudential center over the Meadowlands every day of the week. I absolutely love the place. I don't miss the old place at all but I'm also not a big fan of member berries or nostalgia.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I think the CAA concourse and general location gave it a bad rap. It was great for tailgating no doubt, but the lack of easy access public transporation for a lot of people made it an absolute bitch to get to. Getting out of CAA was miserable in the arena and out of the parking lots, but I did love walking back over in the tunnel after a playoff victory.

I will always love it for nostalgia's sake, but I'm so thankful that we pretty much moved to Newark right around when I was able to start going to games on my own.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I'm not saying CAA was better than The Rock...because that's not possible with how technology improves over time. Just never understood the hate some gave the CAA, but I definitely understand a lot of your points.

I still remember my dad making us jog through the cattle walk to our car, often weaving around groups of people. :laugh:

I'd say almost everything is better at the new arena with the exception of tailgating. I'll always be a fan of people at least having the option to tailgate in the parking lot over going to a bar with mediocre service and high prices all while standing/sitting elbow to elbow. Just always felt like a better bonding experience with your group/other fans...as dumb as that sounds

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

I was actually impressed to see how well of shape, based on that shot of the interior, the arena still is in despite not being open to events for 4 years now. I'd imagine that has to do with NJSEA owning the property and being able to upkeep it as opposed to individuals owning an old arena or stadium where we have seen in other cases where when shuttered, the buildings are left to decay.

Like Gary Thorne rocking. For both concerts and sporting events there, when that floor was shaking beneath your feet, there was that feeling that the floor legitimately could come out from under, but you just laughed at it because of how awesome whatever moment being cheered for was and that shaking only adding to said moment.

I liked it for what it was at the time but the prudential center is such an overall all around better experience. It took forever to go to the bathroom when it was sold out since there was only one small concourse. The parking lot was always a mess trying to get out of sold out games unless you bolted to your car. Prudential is just as loud if not louder than the old place too. Game 6 of the 2012 conference finals was absolutely wild loud and so other big games have been as well. Sight lines at Prudential are fantastic too.

Another huge factor for me that I love about Newark is free parking, I've saved about $1k a year, which would be about $13k since Prudential opened if not more cause I'm sure the Meadowlands would have raised the prices. I'm able to watch the 3 stars of the game and an interview and walk to my car and drive out with basically no traffic.

The staff, security and ushers are all way nicer and friendly than the old place as well.

Also don't have to worry about some dip sh*t hitting my car with a football because one guy can't throw and the other can't catch.

I attended a bunch of events there after the Devils had left and it just further backed up how much more I like Prudential. I'll take the Prudential center over the Meadowlands every day of the week. I absolutely love the place. I don't miss the old place at all but I'm also not a big fan of member berries or nostalgia.

It cannot be understated how crowded that concourse could get even when it wasn't a sellout and 14-15K were in the building. The funnel between the upstairs and downstairs at each section was the human walking version of the GWB bottleneck.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Prudential isn’t without its faults either.
Getting into the building is a nightmare the seats are smaller then caa was (not I didn’t gain that much weight). I remember game 1 in the new building thinking how much smaller they were. Bathroom waits are better but you would think they would be a lot better which isn’t the case.

im not sure that parking and exiting in cars is all that much better unless you are parking on the outer lots at prudential. I always park in the seton hall deck and it’s a quick exit because it’s almost at nj pac but going in closer? Your screwed

I also personally believe the mass transit is just a after thought. How many fans come to the game that way? Have they ever released numbers? It’s funny but when the devils left the meadowlands they then put a train link up in lol.

Also for the sight lines I never understood that argument for a place in general. I never had a bad seat in caa how could you it was two bowls. Same for prudential no bad sight lines. I would think bad sight lines are obstructing view?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Parking actually stinks more the closer you park to the arena lol...parking a few blocks away I can shoot right out of there. The one time I got a free parking pass for the lot across the building, it took a half hour to get out of just the lot (granted for a playoff game but still). No wonder why I randomly got it free from a passing driver before the game :laugh:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I park at one of the $20 lots near the post office. Takes me 10 minutes to get out of the city. Piece of cake.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Prudential isn’t without its faults either.
Getting into the building is a nightmare the seats are smaller then caa was (not I didn’t gain that much weight). I remember game 1 in the new building thinking how much smaller they were. Bathroom waits are better but you would think they would be a lot better which isn’t the case.

im not sure that parking and exiting in cars is all that much better unless you are parking on the outer lots at prudential. I always park in the seton hall deck and it’s a quick exit because it’s almost at nj pac but going in closer? Your screwed

I also personally believe the mass transit is just a after thought. How many fans come to the game that way? Have they ever released numbers? It’s funny but when the devils left the meadowlands they then put a train link up in lol.

Also for the sight lines I never understood that argument for a place in general. I never had a bad seat in caa how could you it was two bowls. Same for prudential no bad sight lines. I would think bad sight lines are obstructing view?

How much is the seton hall garage? I pay an extremely low rate now but would prefer to park north of the arena.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
How much is the seton hall garage? I pay an extremely low rate now but would prefer to park north of the arena.
It sounds bad but I don’t really remember. I want to say 15 or 20. I just always paid without thinking twice because it’s the best lost to get onto 280 west after a game.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Prudential Center is leaps and bounds better than CAA in almost every possible way.

I think a lot of the love for CAA has to do with the nostalgia/good memories that were created there. If the team stunk through most or all of their years in CAA, no one would look fondly back at that place. The memories there were great. The facility itself? Hellhole.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Park at 299 Mulberry St. by the post office/court. It used to be 7.50$ if you booked it ahead of time on the web. I think it's 9.50$ now. If you're coming from 78 it's the best place to park.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Park at 299 Mulberry St. by the post office/court. It used to be 7.50$ if you booked it ahead of time on the web. I think it's 9.50$ now. If you're coming from 78 it's the best place to park.

For the Rangers preseason game it was $15 to book via parkwhiz. Been like that since the start of 2019 for games last season as well.

Also it used to be 5PM-11PM for that lot. Now $15 it is 6PM - midnight.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
My ticket rep hooked me up with a spot for the high-five tunnel on Friday. Has anyone ever done this yet? She just said to be in the members lounge by 615. Seems pretty cool

Reactions: SETHROLLINS

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008

Went last Saturday and that lot was $20. I was surprised it went up $5. Prepaying is now $15. No more prepaying for $9.I always park there but the one next to the practice rink is $22 if you prepay.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

Bolded is one of the best (non-game-related) memories from taking my kids there when they were young. Hard as a rock, hot on the outside, typically ice cold inside. Even knowing all of that, never passed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad