HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Thanks for posting this. I have 3 key takeaways from that article:

1) TicketMaster must be stopped.
2) The fact each industry source for that article demanded to remain anonymous for, "fear of retaliation by Ticketmaster" tells you everything you need to know.
3) The Black Keys are jerks.

I get that there is probably licensing involved in this but 2019 and ticketmaster is still needed?seeing how badly everyone is trying to pinch pennies (electronic ticketing) that is absolute mind blowing imo. these venues are so massive right now how they don't have their own ticketing department for concerts and shows. then the teams that play in the arenas are big enough now some worth billions they can't set up their own website and ticketing? just really weird that it hasn't happened yet and there is a ton of money to be had for them

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I just want to say DO NOT BUY CLUB SEATS with food.. Luckily I got some for $40 for tonight but how the Devils can charge $200 a game to the season ticket holder is highway robbery. Last year I got seats up in the loft club I thought they had actually made some progress (a step forward) considering how bad things got after the club renovations but boy tonight was like 4 steps back.

Legends runs a tremendous organization over at Yankee Stadium (King Crab, Sushi, made to order food, guest celebrity chefs, steak that you see in the movies, pastas to die for, Lobster and more desserts than could feed the OL for the Jets and Giants Combined). Yes I get that thew New Jersey Devils don't have that kinda money to spend but OMG the food tonight was WORSE the 7-11, McDonalds has better burgers. The burgers looked like they came from last year, the salads were as unfresh as they come, Chicken Tenders looked like the were frozen 10x over. The had some chicken sandwiches that looked like the quick check to go rack (and I HATE quick check) WAWA for the win on that. But man just pathetic, honestly I wouldn't spend an extra dollar more for Club Seats with food vs not food. They took care of business off the ice this off season the season hopes are as high as ever but boy the days of Fire and Ice Lounge are LONGGGGG GONE. The first couple years were great. And boy the clubs today are as bland as bland comes, who wants to look at people thru the glass eating and the people eating don't want to look at people walking by looking at them eat. Reminds me of a cafeteria.

The only team that can give the Devils a run for their money for worst Club food would be the Red Bulls, but at least the club itself is very very nice. Even the ISLANDERS at least have some sushi or shrimp cocktail) and the FLORIDA PANTHERS 20 year old club is better that has all of 7 people in it.

You've all been warned, spend your money elsewhere, like anywhere else. How Legends or the Devils can promote or be proud of that is beyond me. I think a 3 year could prepare food better.

i've been to club seats 1x a year when the price is low enough since probably 2010. last year was the last time i will be going until i hear positive reviews. it was really unbelievably bad i actually made a similar post last year about this. how anyone can think of "comping" these tickets to clients? wow just wow i would feel really stupid the following day.

also someone else mentioned the layout. who's bright idea those open glass walls/tops leading out to the concourse? you feel like a fish in a fishbowl to be fair though if only those people on the concourse knew how bad the food was they probably would feel bad for the suckers that spend money for those seats.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know the Devils stores at the arena are overall overpriced but player t shirts have jumped to $40. Really absurd for a t shirt. Fanatics also make them this year.

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
i've been to club seats 1x a year when the price is low enough since probably 2010. last year was the last time i will be going until i hear positive reviews. it was really unbelievably bad i actually made a similar post last year about this. how anyone can think of "comping" these tickets to clients? wow just wow i would feel really stupid the following day.

also someone else mentioned the layout. who's bright idea those open glass walls/tops leading out to the concourse? you feel like a fish in a fishbowl to be fair though if only those people on the concourse knew how bad the food was they probably would feel bad for the suckers that spend money for those seats.

If someone comped me those tickets I would probably take my business elsewhere I'd be mortified after taking a date there. Then again I sell tickets for a living so no one would ever comp me tickets for business LOL. I've been all over probably 50 stadiums/arenas by now and this club is on the bottom if not the worst All Inclusive Club on the list.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If someone comped me those tickets I would probably take my business elsewhere I'd be mortified after taking a date there. Then again I sell tickets for a living so no one would ever comp me tickets for business LOL. I've been all over probably 50 stadiums/arenas by now and this club is on the bottom if not the worst All Inclusive Club on the list.

yeah when beek was running things it was really lights out good. i get thats why he was probably going broke but that aside come up with a solution while keeping the quality. they started to throttle the food a little and you had to ask for it instead of just grabbing and going which i think they were hoping would shame some people? it definitely helped the few times i saw it.

they should just make it where you get a ticket in there and there is x amount of money loaded onto the ticket you scan and take what you want and go and the balance shows.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
A buddy of mine had club seats at the game on Saturday and liked it. He said he really liked the shrimp and grits. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Then again, this board doesn't shy away from any JVB circle-jerks while bashing current ownership at the same time.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
A buddy of mine had club seats at the game on Saturday and liked it. He said he really liked the shrimp and grits. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Then again, this board doesn't shy away from any JVB circle-jerks while bashing current ownership at the same time.

i dunno about that stuff but i give props when props are due. the restaurant and loft are great. club not so much

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think its time to replace the seats in the 100’s. Most of them are disgusting and the ceiling panels has to be fixed in the balconies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think we have quite a lot more years before they do any major renovations to the arena like that. The Flyers arena opened in 96 and just started receiving major upgrades a few years ago. They replaced half the arenas seats before last season and finished the rest before this season I believe.

The bathrooms already need a lot of work too. It's crazy to think this is our 12th season in this arena already but I think we need to get closer to the 15th-20th year mark before they start any real major upgrades.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
A couple of things from reading this thread.

Merch is ridiculously expensive. Don't buy it in the arena. For instance, CoolHockey.com was running deals all summer where you could have gotten an authentic customized Subban, Hughes, or any Devils jersey for $165 with free shipping. This will cost you about 300 at the arena. CoolHockey, Fanatics, Shop.NHL.com have sales all the time.

Merch is just as expensive throughout the league... even with the exchange rate it is WAY more expensive in Canadian arenas. We don't have it that bad.

That's a shame about the poor quality of food in the club sections.. especially if they are charging that much. The whole thing is just a mess with regard to contracts and who actually looks after these things. Quick story... any Red Bulls fan here will know who BRISAS is. They are a Colombian restaurant in Elizabeth that opened up a food stand at Red Bull Arena selling empanadas, ice cream, and other things. The food is so good, it highlighted the fact that the concessions in the arena are horrible. They are run by Delaware North. Brisas has done so well, Delaware North is furious and wants them to pay so much more money for their spot in the arena... effectively trying to kick them out like a landlord will raise rent on tenants to get them to leave.

I tried to put them in touch with Prudential Center to see if they could open up a stand in there. Legends wouldn't allow it. They have a contract with Goya to be the only Hispanic themed food vendor in the arena. Has ANYONE here gotten food from Goya? I doubt it. The only thing I EVER eat at Prudential Center is chicken fingers and french fries. Such a basic thing.

My advice is to give constructive criticism to our ownership group. They actually do give a crap what fans have to say as long as it's not shade in Tweet form.

Lastly... Ticketmaster. F them. Stubhub is no better. My wife and I used to go to 10 or so concerts a year.... we are down to 0-1 because of Ticketmaster. Even shows that don't sell well are somehow hard to get tickets to because of the way tickets are released, their new in demand pricing system, and fees. Two years ago, we saw Dave Matthews Band in Camden. Tickets were 49.50 each on TM. Total cost after fees for two tickets: $150. PLUS Livenation (TM) setting parking prices at $35. So now for two tickets at 50 each face value, we're out $185 just to get in the door. We are going to see Pinegrove in Jersey City Saturday night. Tickets were $30 each. Two tickets- $90. Fees add up to buying another ticket.

Ticketmaster has been caught doing a number of ridiculous things. The Globe and Mail in Canada last year caught them making money by putting their own tickets on the secondary market. They wouldn't be made available through regular sale to make the show look sold out... then they dump the tickets on the secondary market with an elevated price.

Yes, they need to be stopped.

Anyway, sorry for my ramblings. I got a 13 game plan this season... I am very excited for Devils hockey.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Unpopular opinion in Red Bulls world but I think Brisas is overrated and I don't get the hype that our fan base puts around it. I think it's overpriced as well.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Unpopular opinion in Red Bulls world but I think Brisas is overrated and I don't get the hype that our fan base puts around it. I think it's overpriced as well.

That's another thing... the pricing was set by Delaware North. Brisas wanted to price every much less but DN said that would purposely undercut the other vendors. When they started putting out special edition empanadas, DN made them price those even higher. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That's another thing... the pricing was set by Delaware North. Brisas wanted to price every much less but DN said that would purposely undercut the other vendors. When they started putting out special edition empanadas, DN made them price those even higher. It's ridiculous.

That's shitty. I think I've eaten 2x at Red Bull Arena since it opened in 2010. I'll get a soda once or twice a season but that's just to get the souvenir cups. I always bring in a bottle of water with me which I love that RBA let's you do that. Especially for those miserable humid summer games.

I'm in the building for a little over 2 hours, I don't need to eat there. I know I'm in the minority on that opinion as well but I'm always amazed how people have to stuff their faces on overpriced food that isn't even good just because they are at a sporting event. I can survive a few hours without food lol

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
i dunno about that stuff but i give props when props are due. the restaurant and loft are great. club not so much

Like others, I have sat in club seats a few times over the years including at the end of the 2013 season and beginning of the 2014 season specifically. In that time frame, the food quality was more noticeably different and my experiences regarding the food since have not been much better either. The difference in those 7-8 months wasn't even a reasonable difference where it is along the lines of 'not what it was but still passable'.

Being in clubs in more recent years even, why bother going in early to get some ok free food when the option to get far superior food over in Ironbound or some quality options closer to the arena are also on the table and get to help out those mom and pop businesses on top of it. The incentive isn't really there as much. Sure it is nice to have the option of free food, but I'd rather spend the few extra bucks and have a real good meal compared to free food that is just ok. There really isn't much of an excuse either for premium level seating to have questionable food.

When the organization was strapped for money, the options were better and they were focused on quality first and foremost because quality will always make a better experience, be it food or in any other area. The same philosophy was used in having the AHL team in Albany vs Binghamton (Albany was more expensive but provided better facilities) as another example. The organization has more money now and the offerings are as noted, not as good. It is unfortunate because the potential is there to be better.

The restaurant on the other hand still seems to be of the same quality more or less and while I haven't sat in the new lofts yet, I haven't heard anything negative about the food and offerings.

fixed.

also, the whole arena should have black seats. the wine red burgundy thing going on is just so 90s at this point.

I've liked the arena seating color scheme because it is a nice balance of representing the team colors more or less (no go on white seats though :laugh:, want to talk about a mess?!) and isn't too flashy while not being too dull either. That maroon and black balance throughout gives it some character and the Devils logo on the leather clubs is a unique touch too that I don't believe many, if any other teams have. Maybe a more red ala the Habs at the Bell Centre would have been more appropriate of a red than the maroon shade on those seats, but the maroon shade does fine too.

All black over the arena ala the Kings at Staples Center just makes and gives the arena a darker feel. I was disappointed actually that the Bruins recently got rid of their yellow seats at the TD Garden in place of all black. The yellow was a unique and fitting scheme relative to team colors with a classic look to the arena.

Here is some of what I'm talking about with the all black (with before and after of the TD Garden too). I just don't think all black works as well or gives much character as other options could or even a mix like we have.

Live4HDScoreboard_2.jpg

eerxz7yxoaa1h2s.jpg

EFLKEXCWsAgc2vK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NJDevils7

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ticketmaster has been caught doing a number of ridiculous things. The Globe and Mail in Canada last year caught them making money by putting their own tickets on the secondary market. They wouldn't be made available through regular sale to make the show look sold out... then they dump the tickets on the secondary market with an elevated price.

I've written about this EXTENSIVELY over the last several years. They're also doing this in concert with teams (e.g. The New Jersey Devils).

For the life of me I have no idea how this hasnt been a class action lawsuit yet. If any market manipulation attorney is reading this, feel free to PM me if you need a client to bring suit. I'm game!

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
I am a club STH and have redeemed rewards for restaurant tickets. Most of the food is identical. The things in the club that are subpar is the typical arena fare, burgers, pizza etc. The specialty items- such as the shrimp and grits mentioned above- rotate and can be quite good. (But it’s sometimes hit and miss).

Almost always there are at least a few higher quality options.

Reactions: Colin226

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
A couple of things from reading this thread.

Merch is ridiculously expensive. Don't buy it in the arena. For instance, CoolHockey.com was running deals all summer where you could have gotten an authentic customized Subban, Hughes, or any Devils jersey for $165 with free shipping. This will cost you about 300 at the arena. CoolHockey, Fanatics, Shop.NHL.com have sales all the time.

During Christmas season, picked up a Coleman authentic for $155 and even better, mid-May Coolhockey had a 40% off sale. Picked up an Andy Greene authentic for $131.

As far as Devils Den, only buy at the end of the season when they start taking 25% and more off.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Like others, I have sat in club seats a few times over the years including at the end of the 2013 season and beginning of the 2014 season specifically. In that time frame, the food quality was more noticeably different and my experiences regarding the food since have not been much better either. The difference in those 7-8 months wasn't even a reasonable difference where it is along the lines of 'not what it was but still passable'.

Being in clubs in more recent years even, why bother going in early to get some ok free food when the option to get far superior food over in Ironbound or some quality options closer to the arena are also on the table and get to help out those mom and pop businesses on top of it. The incentive isn't really there as much. Sure it is nice to have the option of free food, but I'd rather spend the few extra bucks and have a real good meal compared to free food that is just ok. There really isn't much of an excuse either for premium level seating to have questionable food.

When the organization was strapped for money, the options were better and they were focused on quality first and foremost because quality will always make a better experience, be it food or in any other area. The same philosophy was used in having the AHL team in Albany vs Binghamton (Albany was more expensive but provided better facilities) as another example. The organization has more money now and the offerings are as noted, not as good. It is unfortunate because the potential is there to be better.

The restaurant on the other hand still seems to be of the same quality more or less and while I haven't sat in the new lofts yet, I haven't heard anything negative about the food and offerings.

I've liked the arena seating color scheme because it is a nice balance of representing the team colors more or less (no go on white seats though :laugh:, want to talk about a mess?!) and isn't too flashy while not being too dull either. That maroon and black balance throughout gives it some character and the Devils logo on the leather clubs is a unique touch too that I don't believe many, if any other teams have. Maybe a more red ala the Habs at the Bell Centre would have been more appropriate of a red than the maroon shade on those seats, but the maroon shade does fine too.

All black over the arena ala the Kings at Staples Center just makes and gives the arena a darker feel. I was disappointed actually that the Bruins recently got rid of their yellow seats at the TD Garden in place of all black. The yellow was a unique and fitting scheme relative to team colors with a classic look to the arena.

Here is some of what I'm talking about with the all black (with before and after of the TD Garden too). I just don't think all black works as well or gives much character as other options could or even a mix like we have.

Live4HDScoreboard_2.jpg

eerxz7yxoaa1h2s.jpg

EFLKEXCWsAgc2vK.jpg

wow i had no idea the bruins changed their seating color and legit the two arenas look identical minus the emblems on the ice lol. i guess thats something you dont really see on tv and my guess is thats why they switch to black because it hides the empties better then bright yellow and i'm sure maintenance and upkeep is cheaper. i remember the colors of brendan byrne! yikes thats 80s!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
wow i had no idea the bruins changed their seating color and legit the two arenas look identical minus the emblems on the ice lol. i guess thats something you dont really see on tv and my guess is thats why they switch to black because it hides the empties better then bright yellow and i'm sure maintenance and upkeep is cheaper. i remember the colors of brendan byrne! yikes thats 80s!

Not that it has any empties... but I always wondered why they chose yellow and red as the colors of the seats at Scotiabank in Toronto.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
I like the red/maroon seats. It adds some uniqueness to the arena. TD Garden just lost a lot of its character going to all black seats, as most arenas are doing now.

Were any updates made to the William Hill "lounge" or is it still just a little area with TV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad