HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: Nubmer6

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
NY to open sports venues at 10% starting in two weeks. Must have negative covid test. I would expect Jersey to follow up with an announcement soon.

That doesn't convey a positive belief in the available vaccines and those who have received both doses. Honestly, just because someone had a COVID test 3 days ago (or however many days) and it came back negative doesn't mean they aren't infected the day of the event. I'll stay home thank you.

Reactions: JelloPuddyPops

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Getting my second dose tomorrow so I will definitely be in attendance if the team is decent and there will only be 1800 people there.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Saw this...

"We intend to host roughly 2,000 fans at every game, beginning with the February 23 Knicks game against the Warriors and the February 26 Rangers game against the Bruins."

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'll gladly go to the Rock for a game, I had my anti-bodies test back positive last week so I'm fairly confident in my immunity at this time. I'd love to see some live hockey right about now.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I would jump at the opportunity to go to a game, especially given I have antibodies for some time. But I'd think the team will hold off for a bit especially given how many players have recently contracted it. While I find it hard to believe fans could spread it to the players during a game, it's better from a PR standpoint if they wait a few weeks until other local teams have "tested" this out.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was thinking that too, the fact the whole team is out with COVID right now would make it horrible optics to announce the return of fans in the building when we don’t even know when the team will play again. That may well be why NJ is delaying an announcement compared to NY

Reactions: Colin226

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And btw judging by the gouging on Nets ticket prices there probably aren’t going to be $50 or even $100 tickets available for us either, and you’ll likely have to buy a good chunk of games at markup. Teams are going to be their own scalpers this year with demand outnumbering supply.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
And btw judging by the gouging on Nets ticket prices there probably aren’t going to be $50 or even $100 tickets available for us either, and you’ll likely have to buy a good chunk of games at markup. Teams are going to be their own scalpers this year with demand outnumbering supply.

What's going on with the Nets tickets?

I'm really not sure about our demand. I guess if the team keeps playing well but if the bottom falls out I can't imagine that many people are gonna think it's worth it to go out and get a negative test to see a bad team.

The need to get a test is what makes me unsure, like how many parents are really gonna take their kids to take a covid test just to take them to a game, certainly doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle for the average fan/family.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
According to Carton and Roberts (the latter of whom is a Net fan and would know) the get-in price for Net tickets START at $600 or so...obviously it's not gonna be that high for the Devils because we're not a title contender or a NY basketball team but they'll definitely be much higher than our normal 'too high' prices because of the lack of volume.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I wouldn't worry about prices being too high for us. I've taken a look around the NHL and the pricing for teams currently with reduced fans doesn't seem to be too far off from normal times. They need to keep the STH engaged and throwing a bill at them for $200 single game tickets in less desirable locations isn't going to go over well when they haven't been in the building for a year. I have season tickets and I'm not interested in paying over $100 a ticket for a regular season game that'll have at best a pre-season like atmosphere. The reps are trained to sell the experience well if the ticket office is reading this and I'm sure they are, I don't think our fan base is going to be jumping at $100 plus tickets for a reduced experience.

We can't compare our situation to the Nets, they have three superstars and are trying to milk this window for every penny. Once they leave they'll be nothing again. So many better ways to spend $600.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
No one is mentioning whether or not they'll be accepting insurance.

When I went to an urgent care facility for a rapid test over the holidays I asked guy with the clipboard outside if they accepted my insurance. Best he could tell me was "maybe, worst case you'll get a bill for $150 and you can send it to your provider for reimbursement."

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
No one is mentioning whether or not they'll be accepting insurance.

When I went to an urgent care facility for a rapid test over the holidays I asked guy with the clipboard outside if they accepted my insurance. Best he could tell me was "maybe, worst case you'll get a bill for $150 and you can send it to your provider for reimbursement."

I'm not sure but saw a few people saying that health insurance wouldn't cover this because it's not a health care professional ordering the test. Makes sense since this is a voluntary test to go to something that you don't need to be at.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'm not sure but saw a few people saying that health insurance wouldn't cover this because it's not a health care professional ordering the test. Makes sense since this is a voluntary test to go to something that you don't need to be at.

Depends on your insurance, I believe. I’d have to check but I believe mine will cover whatever but they define it as “diagnostic” testing so I don’t know if that’s where they would quibble.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Depends on your insurance, I believe. I’d have to check but I believe mine will cover whatever but they define it as “diagnostic” testing so I don’t know if that’s where they would quibble.

For example, Blue Cross Blue Shield says no:

COVID-19 - Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Regardless of where diagnostic testing is performed — in a health care setting or pharmacy, at a drive-up testing site or through a home test kit — testing must be ordered by a health care professional.
Any test for population screening (for example, back to school or return-to-work purposes) is not covered.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
My Aetna plan made no distinction nor requirement to be ordered. Just says all fees and copays are waived for diagnostic testing.

So it may be a mixed bag.

You sure about that? The Aetna website has similar language, although it says "generally" so maybe you have a premium plan that does cover it regardless.

COVID-19 Testing & Treatment FAQs for Aetna Members

Aetna will cover, without cost share, diagnostic (molecular PCR or antigen) tests to determine the need for member treatment.1 This includes to direct-to-consumer/home-based diagnostic or antigen tests. Aetna’s health plans generally do not cover a test performed at the direction of a member’s employer in order to obtain or maintain employment or to perform the member’s normal work functions or for return to school or recreational activities, except as required by applicable law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad