Who is the Devils' twelvth best player?`

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Cordell put up an article the other day about Zacha, basically showing he's actually one of the best penalty killers in the entire league. Even if his offense remains somewhat limited, and I don't think it will but I'm biased, that's definitely worth quite a bit to me. Enough so that he should be going around this spot.

Me thinks opinions on him are just skewed a bit based on draft on position and expectations.

This is absolutely true. If Zacha was a second round pick...or even late first, we would all be happy we have a bonafide NHLer who can play up and down the lineup with seemingly yet to be realized offensive potential.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Cordell put up an article the other day about Zacha, basically showing he's actually one of the best penalty killers in the entire league. Even if his offense remains somewhat limited, and I don't think it will but I'm biased, that's definitely worth quite a bit to me. Enough so that he should be going around this spot.

Me thinks opinions on him are just skewed a bit based on draft on position and expectations.

Zacha is a guy that has always passed the eye test to me, he just looks so solid when he has the puck, and he seems to make good passes and plays. If you watched him play and didn't know anything about him, you'd probably guess that he's a 50 point center.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Me thinks SOME people's opinions are skewed the other way judging by their avatars :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know man. Tough to put him over Blackwood. I'm not sold that he's 'back' at all at this point. He looked 'better' - but still not anything like he was in his first few years here. Even at his best, there's enough holes in his game to make him a liability instead of a strength, so I expect MB29, Zacha and maybe Simmonds or someone else to sneak in ahead of him.
For once we agree on goaltending. Bookmark it.

I mean, yeah he had a 16 or 17 good game stretch after he came back, but it still wasn't nearly on the level of some of his 15-20 game streaks he'd have the first 3 years he was here.

I remember stretches where he'd allow like 2 or fewer goals in 17 out of 20 starts or something like that.

There's always a chance he can return to what he used to be, but I think the odds are certainly against him. I think the chances are good that he's serviceable, but I don't expect him to be much better than the last 3 years. I think he could have one last good year in him as a starter or a good year as a backup/1b guy. I'm not saying I think he will, but that I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I don't see him being a good 50+ game goalie anymore though. Even if he is performance wise, I doubt he will be health wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad