Granlund
Jooris
Arnold
Morrison
Hathaway

is how I'm planning to vote the top 15

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ferland top 5 is a joke. He might be a sure bet to be an NHL player but he has extremely limited potential. He'll be lucky if he's top 15 on my list.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Ferland top 5 is a joke. He might be a sure bet to be an NHL player but he has extremely limited potential. He'll be lucky if he's top 15 on my list.

Joke is a strong word, but I agree; it's nearly a guarantee that he tops out as a bottom 6 winger (which is awesome, but below the ceilings of a lot of other guys).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

-Klimchuk< Poirier
-Paul Byron is a useless scrub
-Ortio should be waived
-Raymond should be bought out
-Hiller is better than Ramo
-now Ferland is lucky to be a top 15 prospect and that he has limited potential? Yet he led our team in points and goals in Pebticton last year, ppg player the start of the year in the AHL, played extremely well in the playoffs, and has the potential to be the most physically imposing forward in the league. Yet not a top 15 prospect? Interesting

I take your opinions with a grain of salt.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
-now Ferland is lucky to be a top 15 prospect and that he has limited potential? Yet he led our team in points and goals in Pebticton last year, ppg player the start of the year in the AHL, played extremely well in the playoffs, and has the potential to be the most physically imposing forward in the league. Yet not a top 15 prospect? Interesting

Top 5 = // = top 15, but everyone is going to have different criteria for ranking prospects. Some will rank on the basis of making it into the NHL, others rank on the basis of potential.

That's the underlying problem with these polls - no set criteria for ranking prospects is established.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Top 5 = // = top 15, but everyone is going to have different criteria for ranking prospects. Some will rank on the basis of making it into the NHL, others rank on the basis of potential.

That's the underlying problem with these polls - no set criteria for ranking prospects is established.

I generally use the gun to my head mentality. Taking all things into consideration ,who would you keep.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
-Klimchuk< Poirier
-Ortio should be waived

Ferland never played for 'Pebticton', nor did he play for Penticton. He was not a PPG player in the AHL. He played decently in the playoffs. He certainly beat his expectations, but outside of the Vancouver series, I didn't think he was great. As for him potentially being the most physically imposing forward in the league, it doesn't mean much. As far as offensive talent goes, I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd liner. I'd probably have him around the 15-20 area as well.

Ferland is probably a lock for the NHL at this point, in a bottom line role. He still has time to show he can be more, but I don't see it happening.

Also, how does him saying Poirier is greater that Klimchuk a bad opinion?

Edit: I actually agree with the other points, with the exception of what he said about Byron. Hiller, I'd say is better than Ramo. Raymond is taking up a roster spot that could go to Granlund/Shore, who are ready to take that step into the NHL. It would also free up some space for Giordano's extension. As for Ortio, I really don't see any team claiming him. Every team seems to have their #1/2 set right now. I doubt anyone claims him, as they'd have to keep him on their main roster.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Just for ***** and giggles... my top 10.

1. Bennett
2. Poirier
3. Gillies
4. Jankowski
5. Kylington (forgot about him when I originally did my top 5.)
6. Agostino
7. Granlund
8. Klimchuk
9. Culkins
10. Ortio

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Id swap Granlund for Klimchuk but that's pretty good IMO.

Klimchuk was 6th! Excited to see how he fares in Stockton. My top 15 is:

1) Bennett
2) Poirier
3) Gillies
4) Hickey
5) Granlund
6) Klimchuk
7) Kylington
8) Ferland
9) Andersson
10) Wotherspoon
11) Ortio
12) Culkin
13) Arnold
14) McDonald
15) Agostino

EDIT: Screw my list, I always forget a player.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
-Klimchuk< Poirier
-Ortio should be waived

1. A few people think Klimchuk will be better than Poirier, at the very least they are close.
2. I never once called Byron a "useless scrub", I have no problem with Byron on the team, just don't see where he fits. I advise you not to make things up.
3. I never said Ortio should be waived , I said I think he will be and don't believe waiving him is the end of the world or some travesty because I think it is a calculated risk and he would end up clearing.
4. Again never said Raymond should be bought out, said he could be. I have no problem with Raymond being on the team, but just don't see a place for him.
5. Yes, I believe Hiller is a better goaltender than Ramo. I think they are close with Hiller being more consistent.
6. Yes IMO he would be lucky to be a top 15 prospect on my list. I have (in no particular order) Gillies, McDoanld, Ortio, Wotherspoon, Andersson, Kylington, Morrison, Hickey, Bennett, Jankowski, Poirier, Klimchuk, Granlund, Shore, Jooris, Agostino and Arnold all ahead of him.

Perhaps you only take my opinions with a grain of salt because you are too busy manipulating what I say to fit your own narrative.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Edit: I actually agree with the other points, with the exception of what he said about Byron.
except I have never called him a scrub, I just don't see a fit for him because I have other players ahead of him.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Fair enough. I was just going based on what he said.

Maybe you ought to have taken it with a grain of salt. ;)

I also disagree with 100TG with regards to Byron, but I wouldn't say he's ever called him a scrub. He just thinks we can do better. I don't personally think that we have anyone who can replace what Byron brings to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad