Prospect Info: HFCF Prospect Poll: #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We did this last summer, lets do it again.

I am going to start with some guidelines.

To be considered a prospect in these polls they must be under 26 (as of July 1st, 2015) and have fewer than 80 games of NHL experience (including playoffs).

I will set polls to expire in 48 hours. After 48 hours a winner shall be declared unless the winner has less than a 10 vote lead. At which point there will be a 24 poll that pits anyone within 10 votes of first against the leader. There will not be multiple runoff-polls so a win by 1 in a run-off poll will be final. After a winner is declared the next poll will be put up at my earliest convenience.

The current plan is vote on all 37 eligible prospects, but if participation dissipates it may stop sooner.

List of eligible prospects:
Agostino, Ken
Andersson, Rasmus
Arnold, Bill
Bennett, Sam
Bruce, Rily
Carroll, Austin
Culkin, Ryan
DeBlouw, Matt
Elson, Turner
Ferland, Micheal
Gillies, Jon
Gilmour, John
Granlund, Markus
Grant, Derek
Harrison, Tim
Hathaway, Garnet
Hickey, Brandon
Jankowski, Mark
Jooris, Josh
Kanzig, Keegan
Karnaukhov, Pavel
Klimchuk, Morgan
Kulak, Brett
Kylington, Oliver
Mangiapane, Andrew
McDonald, Mason
Morrison, Kenney
Ollas-Mattsson, Adam
Ortio, Joni
Poirier, Emile
Rafikov, Rushan
Shore, Drew
Sieloff, Patrick
Smith, Hunter
Van Brabant, Bryce
Wolf, David
Wotherspoon, Tyler

Rankings:
1. Sam Bennett http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1927891

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Poirier for me. I've been impressed by his maturity and his transition to the pro game. Lots of respect for Gillies, too.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bennett
Gillies
Poirier
Klimchuk

Is my top 4! I love the depth of our pool :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If we're using Anglesmith's "gun to the head" mentality of which prospect would you not want to lose I'm all about Kylington. Here's why, if we took him at 15 he probably would be our consensus #2 guy. Fact is, if he hits his potential he's likely the most intriguing prospect we have after Bennett. His ceiling is a legit top pairing dman with elite offensive skills, he's also a world class skater. Yes he has a decent bust factor, but he has the highest ceiling of any dman prospect in the Flames organization (although Andersson and Hickey's are close) and I really don't view that any of our forward prospects other than Bennett have top line potential.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Very close but Poirer for me has a slight edge over Gillies.
Excited to see what both can do next year though :)

May 27, 2012
Earth
If we're using Anglesmith's "gun to the head" mentality of which prospect would you not want to lose I'm all about Kylington. Here's why, if we took him at 15 he probably would be our consensus #2 guy. Fact is, if he hits his potential he's likely the most intriguing prospect we have after Bennett. His ceiling is a legit top pairing dman with elite offensive skills, he's also a world class skater. Yes he has a decent bust factor, but he has the highest ceiling of any dman prospect in the Flames organization (although Andersson and Hickey's are close) and I really don't view that any of our forward prospects other than Bennett have top line potential.

I chose Poirier because he has proven more so far. Until he is surpassed by somebody he is the better prospect. Each to our own, that is why there are polls. Besides, I really don't have an opinion on a lot of guys, besides what I have read. Needing to see them play is a plus. I have seen Poirer play before, at least. After the "main guys" it's just a crapshoot who the next best prospect is. Ranking by potential is fine, but no one expected Ferland to jump until the season before the one that just passed. I think Kylington is out of the top 5 but in the mix for top 10.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I can't speak for others but as high as I was on Kylington I am higher on Gilles, Klimchuk, Poirier & Jankowski, but I do have Kylington as the top defenseman and #6 overall.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Gun to my head, I probably take Hickey, then Andersson, then Kylington on defence. Confidence that they will become an NHL player has a lot to do with it, for me. I'm not confident in Kylington at this point.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Gun to my head, I probably take Hickey, then Andersson, then Kylington on defence. Confidence that they will become an NHL player has a lot to do with it, for me. I'm not confident in Kylington at this point.

Gun to my head, I'm Kylington because his talent is so tantalizing to me.

You guys all make good points, which I respect but I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Same for me. Kylington is the most exciting by far but I keep Hickey and Andersson if it's GTMY.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Yeah I'll be interested to see where Ferland lands, personally while I think he will be a part of the team I don't see him being a top guy. I mean CP has him at 4!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah I'll be interested to see where Ferland lands, personally while I think he will be a part of the team I don't see him being a top guy. I mean CP has him at 4!

They got the fever :laugh:

I love to see Ferland getting some love, but 2 is to high IMO. I mean, Bennett is clearly first. But then I think you're talking about a group that involves Poirier, Klimchuk (who I have ahead of Emile), Janko Gillies, Kylington, Andersson and Hickey. Really, any of those guys are pretty close. And I think as this up coming season plays out, it's going to become a lot more clear. I have a feeling that one of Hickey, Andersson or Kylington will emerge as our consensus top guy.

I think Wotherspoon, Morrison, Culkin and Kulak are in a tier below those guys as their ceiling is not as high.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
They got the fever :laugh:

I love to see Ferland getting some love, but 2 is to high IMO. I mean, Bennett is clearly first. But then I think you're talking about a group that involves Poirier, Klimchuk (who I have ahead of Emile), Janko Gillies, Kylington, Andersson and Hickey. Really, any of those guys are pretty close. And I think as this up coming season plays out, it's going to become a lot more clear. I have a feeling that one of Hickey, Andersson or Kylington will emerge as our consensus top guy.

I think Wotherspoon, Morrison, Culkin and Kulak are in a tier below those guys as their ceiling is not as high.

Ortio should definitely be in the discussion, too.

My TOP5:

Bennett
Poirier
Ortio
Gillies
Ferland

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think I'm all aboard the Jankowski hype train tbh, I'd say for a top five off the top of my head:

Bennett,
Gillies,
Poirier
Jankowski,
Klimchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad