Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #1

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pled

Sep 7, 2009
kent should be first but he might fall fast who knows.

Add Foudy please

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Easily Johnson.. who appears to be #2 c behind Byfield . Sillinger #2 for me . Lights out drafting this yr by JD / Jarmo and staff

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Johnson and Sillinger are pretty equal in my eyes, but Johnson has a higher ceiling so that breaks the tie for me.

Add Voronkov.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Johnson and Sillinger are pretty equal in my eyes, but Johnson has a higher ceiling so that breaks the tie for me.

I went with Sillinger because higher floor. Johnson is my #2.

What impresses me with the draft is they look like they will compliment each other very well. I don’t know which one is the center or which is the wing, but if they pan out, they will be 2/3 of a very formidable line.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I went with Sillinger because higher floor. Johnson is my #2.

What impresses me with the draft is they look like they will compliment each other very well. I don’t know which one is the center or which is the wing, but if they pan out, they will be 2/3 of a very formidable line.
Certainly can't blame you for ranking that way.

If they both make it as centers then that should be a pretty nicely rounded 1-2 punch. But they do seem like they would work well on a line together!

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Johnson.

Panarin like player and legit potential to actually reach such status in the NHL.

Think Foudy should be added after Voronkov.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I get shiny toy syndrome but we just had a group of pages where ppl questioned Johnson bc no one knows what position he ends in.. but he's voted top prospect so far?
40% of people haven't voted for him. That's the people you're looking for.

Personally I really dont see any other option here than Johnson. First of all, public scouting and Jarmo/CBJ-scouting are pretty much unanimous about Johnson being a better prospect than Sillinger. Having also read a reports and team projections based of the Canada u20s camp, Johnson is set to be Canada u20's 1C if Byfield is in NHL, and Sillinger isn't guaranteed to make the team.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
First of all, public scouting and Jarmo/CBJ-scouting are pretty much unanimous about Johnson being a better prospect than Sillinger.

Not quite unanimous.

The best in the business is the hockeyprospect Black Book and they had Sillinger fifth and Johnson ninth.

They've got the best track record. In 2017 they were the only public scouting service to have both Makar and Pettersson rated in the top 5. Pronman had them #17 and #18. :laugh:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The thing with Johnson, in a covid yr , and everything that entails , being a freshman , playing on a stacked Michigan team , it was really hard to assess how good he really is . Michigan’s coach is on record saying Johnson was by far Michigan’s best offensive talent , not to mention he grew like a giraffe , and played at nearly 6ft 2 165 lbs..

Pretty cool article on Johnson

Why you've never seen anyone like Blue Jackets first-round pick Kent Johnson

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The thing with Johnson, in a covid yr , and everything that entails , being a freshman , playing on a stacked Michigan team , it was really hard to assess how good he really is . Michigan’s coach is on record saying Johnson was by far Michigan’s best offensive talent , not to mention he grew like a giraffe , and played at nearly 6ft 2 165 lbs..

Pretty cool article on Johnson

Why you've never seen anyone like Blue Jackets first-round pick Kent Johnson

I'm only allowed to read the first few paragraphs but I liked what I read. It's always encouraging to me when a player learns what it is like to really struggle and work for something at a young age. Johnson thought he was too short and would struggle to get drafted, so he put the work in to become the next Gaudreau. It's the ones that think they are touched by god that scare me.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for doing this DSL.

Tough choice. Marchenko is my favorite prospect but this was between Johnson and Sillinger and I chose Johnson. Hope he turns into a center but even at wing he could be dangerous. I like Sillinger a lot too so it was very close. Went with the higher end skill set.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
I guess I'm a contrarian...and I try hard to avoid the shiny new toy phenomenon, although I often fall prey to it. So, I voted Chinakov...liked what we saw about him in the KHL and Bob Hartely's comments.

Add Voronkov

Thanks DSL for getting this started BTW

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad