Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #1

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yep, I get the format. I just think that the conversation for #1 was between more than 5 players this year.

For sure. If Voronkov & Peeke had been added in they would have siphoned off enough KJ votes to propel Sillinger to the #1 ranking. Is this rigged? :sarcasm:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
The thing with Johnson, in a covid yr , and everything that entails , being a freshman , playing on a stacked Michigan team , it was really hard to assess how good he really is . Michigan’s coach is on record saying Johnson was by far Michigan’s best offensive talent , not to mention he grew like a giraffe , and played at nearly 6ft 2 165 lbs..

Pretty cool article on Johnson

Why you've never seen anyone like Blue Jackets first-round pick Kent Johnson

Got to love some of these quotes:

— be a late-round pick or go undrafted, go to college for three to four years and just always be proving people wrong, because I thought I’d be a much smaller player. So I knew I had to play smart...

.....I dreamed more about being the last pick of the seventh round....

He’s probably one of the most dedicated athletes to his craft that I’ve ever seen,” Tambellini said of Johnson’s game. “He’s a worker. He’s on the ice at all times — when you let him — he just wants to get better. He wants to work on his skating, he wants to work on his puckhandling, he wants to work on his passing. He always believes he can be better and he always believes he can take his game to the next level.
“I’ve never seen a kid do that with the detail that he brings to his training. You start multiplying that day by day over a number of years, then mix in his frame, his body makeup, which allows him to do things that most players really can’t do with his flexibility and you see a guy doing stuff on the ice that you really don’t see. His skill set is different from everybody’s.”

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
These Polls is so predicable.

The highest draft pick in the lastes draft get the most votes.

That is even there are hug different in playing against seniors compared to other juniors. Many fails to make the transition. Milano, Kerby, Nikita etc. And many, many more that didn't pan out.

I will say that Yegor Chinakov is now an even bigger prospect than in previously season.

We may expect that Kent Johnson will pan out, but in reality it s just a hope. Nothing more than a hope.
I certainly hope for both him and the organization, that he will pan out.

Reactions: EspenK

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
These Polls is so predicable.

The highest draft pick in the lastes draft get the most votes.

Here are the last 3 with the top 5 listed.

Foudy was drafted in 2018 in the first round. He finished #2 behind Abramov that year, #4 the following year, and finally #1 last year. The fact that in 2018 he finished behind a Russian prospect drafted in the 3rd round sort of disproves your statement.

Prospect Info: - Final CBJ Board 2020 Prospect Rankings
  1. Liam Foudy (LW/C)
  2. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
  3. Yegor Chinakhov (RW)
  4. Andrew Peeke (D)
  5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
CBJ Board 2019 Prospect Rankings
1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)
5. Daniil Tarasov (G)

CBJ Board Summer 2018 Prospect Rankings - Top 20
1. Vitaly Abramov| RW
2. Liam Foudy|C
3. Vladislav Gavrikov|D
4. Elvis Merzlikins|G
5. Alexandre Texier|C

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If the 3 Russians are as good as anticipated, with the addition of Johnson and Sillinger and probably at least one, maybe two, high skill players from next year's draft, I think it is very likely that at least 2 of Jarmo's triplets (Tex, Bem and Foudy) will be pushed off the roster two years from now.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If the 3 Russians are as good as anticipated, with the addition of Johnson and Sillinger and probably at least one, maybe two, high skill players from next year's draft, I think it is very likely that at least 2 of Jarmo's triplets (Tex, Bem and Foudy) will be pushed off the roster two years from now.

Won't those Russians then be Jarmo's triplets?

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Here are the last 3 with the top 5 listed.

Foudy was drafted in 2018 in the first round. He finished #2 behind Abramov that year, #4 the following year, and finally #1 last year. The fact that in 2018 he finished behind a Russian prospect drafted in the 3rd round sort of disproves your statement.

Prospect Info: - Final CBJ Board 2020 Prospect Rankings
  1. Liam Foudy (LW/C)
  2. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
  3. Yegor Chinakhov (RW)
  4. Andrew Peeke (D)
  5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
CBJ Board 2019 Prospect Rankings
1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)
5. Daniil Tarasov (G)

CBJ Board Summer 2018 Prospect Rankings - Top 20
1. Vitaly Abramov| RW
2. Liam Foudy|C
3. Vladislav Gavrikov|D
4. Elvis Merzlikins|G
5. Alexandre Texier|C
Go alittle further back and you will see Sunny, Kerby and Wenneberg
Longer back it would be Nikita, in his draft year.

Yes we are so good at predicting what scout say.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Go alittle further back and you will see Sunny, Kerby and Wenneberg
Longer back it would be Nikita, in his draft year.

Yes we are so good at predicting what scout say.
This is a series of blatantly fabricated falsehoods and I can prove it.

For one, as a result of board moves eating the tables and polls (and my skipping out on 2014 and thus not having a record) nobody here remembers or has any record of the 2014 list. I suppose one could guess it from the posts in those threads in which people reported who they voted for - based on that, one could conclude that Milano did not make #1 or even #2 in his draft year - thus contradicting your "highest draft pick in the latest draft" yet again.

As for Nikita Filatov being top of the list in his draft year... the posts are long gone, but I do have a record of that one (The list is the order I had; positions in brackets reflect the board vote). The #1 voted prospect that year was Derick Brassard.

I would strongly advise you to not attempt to repeat this sort of thing around here again.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Huh. It turns out that after many attempts with it failing us, for 2014, the Wayback Machine comes to the rescue!

Prospect Info: HF CBJ forum top 20 prospects 2014 - HFBoards

The 2014 list was:
1. Alexander Wennberg (C)
2. Kerby Rychel (LW)
3. Sonny Milano (LW)
4. Tim Erixon (D)
5. Oliver Bjorkstrand (RW)
6. Mike Reilly (D)
7. Marko Dano (C)
8. Anton Forsberg (G)
9. Dillon Heatherington (D)
10. Oscar Dansk (G)
11. Simon Hjalmarsson (RW)
12. Daniel Zaar (RW)
13. Michael Chaput (C)
14. Ryan Collins (D)
15. Josh Anderson (RW)
16. Jerry D'Amigo (RW)
17. Markus Soberg (RW)
18. TJ Tynan (C)
19. Elvis Merzlikins (G)
20. Blake Siebenaler (D)

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Huh. It turns out that after many attempts with it failing us, for 2014, the Wayback Machine comes to the rescue!

Prospect Info: HF CBJ forum top 20 prospects 2014 - HFBoards

The 2014 list was:
1. Alexander Wennberg (C)
2. Kerby Rychel (LW)
3. Sonny Milano (LW)
4. Tim Erixon (D)
5. Oliver Bjorkstrand (RW)
6. Mike Reilly (D)
7. Marko Dano (C)
8. Anton Forsberg (G)
9. Dillon Heatherington (D)
10. Oscar Dansk (G)
11. Simon Hjalmarsson (RW)
12. Daniel Zaar (RW)
13. Michael Chaput (C)
14. Ryan Collins (D)
15. Josh Anderson (RW)
16. Jerry D'Amigo (RW)
17. Markus Soberg (RW)
18. TJ Tynan (C)
19. Elvis Merzlikins (G)
20. Blake Siebenaler (D)
Wow, pretty ugly prospect list it turns out

Reactions: Monk

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wow, pretty ugly prospect list it turns out

Hey Michael Chaput just signed somewhere. Your reaction was the same as mine when I first read it. OB, Andy & Elvis the only 3 notable. Although prospects are always iffy I'm much more confident that looking back 7 years from now this year's list will be looked upon favorably.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Hey Michael Chaput just signed somewhere. Your reaction was the same as mine when I first read it. OB, Andy & Elvis the only 3 notable. Although prospects are always iffy I'm much more confident that looking back 7 years from now this year's list will be looked upon favorably.

It's noteworthy where OB, Andy and Elvis are ranked on that list, especially when thinking about our ongoing rankings.

Reactions: EspenK

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
It's noteworthy where OB, Andy and Elvis are ranked on that list, especially when thinking about our ongoing rankings.

Yes, it's kind of interesting to look at the list then and think how you'd rank them now, and where the big discrepancies lie.

Reactions: Monk

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's also interesting to me how the retrospective lists are going to keep changing year to year.

Take Dano v Reilly. Dano went on a tear in his D+2 and helped land Saad, that made him worth his late 1st selection to us even if he later lost his place in the league. Meanwhile Reilly, who even if the Jackets could have signed him, was always just a 6-7-8 guy throughout his RFA years. Then last year he is suddenly second pair quality for both Ottawa and Boston.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad