Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2023 Summer Prospect Rankings: #10

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We're about at the halfway point for HFCBJ's annual prospect polls. A quick reminder as to how this goes:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

1) Adam Fantilli (C)
2) David Jiricek (RD)
3) Denton Mateychuk (LD)
4) Dmitri Voronkov (C)
5) Stanislav Svozil (LD)
6) Gavin Brindley (C)
7) Jordan Dumais (RW)
8) Corson Ceulemans (D)
9) Daniil Tarasov (G)

Added: Nikolai Makarov (LD)

Select your add from the list below:

Tyler Angle (C)
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (LD)
Ben Boyd (C)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Jacob Christiansen (LD/RD)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
Joshua Dunne (C)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Tyler Peddle (LW/C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW/C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (RW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)
Robbie Stucker (RD)

Add votes as of tunnelvision:
Dolzhenkov - 8
Pyyhtia - 7
Ivanov - 6
Pinelli - 1
Fisher - 1
Richard - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am going to be very grumpy if I end up deprived of the opportunity to cast a vote for McKown. Even if he actually is #10 on my list (y'all jumped Tarasov above him and to that I say, harrumph!).

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I am going to be very grumpy if I end up deprived of the opportunity to cast a vote for McKown. Even if he actually is #10 on my list (y'all jumped Tarasov above him and to that I say, harrumph!).
so be reasonable and admit he’s a better prospect than malatesta. which he is.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
so be reasonable and admit he’s a better prospect than malatesta. which he is.
Based on what? Because if it’s production, that’s not true. If it’s based on draft position, it’s again not true. But maybe it’s true on vibes.

Reactions: Viqsi

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm staking out my spot in the Malatesta fan club (proven by the fact that I think I was the first person to vote to add him to poll and then the first one to vote for him in a poll).

I get that he isn't big and producing points as an age-out player in the Q isn't something that is that extraordinary. But, I've watched a lot of Memorial Cup games over the years and what he was able to accomplish in that tourney this year, as well as the Q playoffs, was something that I was damn impressed by. 19 goals in 22 playoff games in major juniors? There's a very short list of people who can claim similar big-game production at that age.

He's got the fire that I think will allow him to carve out a nice little NHL career even though he doesn't have the physical talents that others have on this list.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I'm staking out my spot in the Malatesta fan club (proven by the fact that I think I was the first person to vote to add him to poll and then the first one to vote for him in a poll).

I get that he isn't big and producing points as an age-out player in the Q isn't something that is that extraordinary. But, I've watched a lot of Memorial Cup games over the years and what he was able to accomplish in that tourney this year, as well as the Q playoffs, was something that I was damn impressed by. 19 goals in 22 playoff games in major juniors? There's a very short list of people who can claim similar big-game production at that age.

He's got the fire that I think will allow him to carve out a nice little NHL career even though he doesn't have the physical talents that others have on this list.
He is the ideal player prototype for the new, less physical, faster NHL. He's a top 8 prospect in the organization regardless of this forum's votes.

People are knocking him for his height? Let's look at other sub 5'10 players like Yanni Gourde, Jared Spurgeon, Gaudreau, Cole Caufield, Cam Atkinson, JAM, Brad Marchand before we write him off.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I can totally see the appeal of Mckown so I’m not mad if people pick him (even if I disagree).

There is no debate about the others though. How LDBB is getting picked over him I will never know

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Was torn between McKown and Malatesta, and ended up going for McKown. Might've changed after some further deliberation but they're both 20 years old so in the end dunno... I really don't know what to make of McKown - undrafted but he played surprisingly well in the last games, still young so plenty of upside... Fingers crossed I guess.

Malatesta will join the Monsters this year, right? That's exciting.

Add Dolzhenkov.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I can totally see the appeal of Mckown so I’m not mad if people pick him (even if I disagree).

There is no debate about the others though. How LDBB is getting picked over him I will never know
Because his top end is just higher. Ldbb has been a PPG 2/3 seasons he's played in jr's. Malatesta only was this last season.

If he can translate his game LDBB could top out in the top 6 where as i don't think Malatesta gets out of the bottom 6

DBB. add… Dolzhenkov?

This. Though at this point it's all pretty close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad