• Stanislav Svozil (LD)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Q: What did you do on your summer vacation?
A: Ranked the Top 20 CBJ prospects with the help of some of my bestest hockey friends!

Welcome, HFCBJ, to the annual prospect polls, in which we strive toward a common goal, compiling our varied perspectives to make a thing that truly belongs to... enh, whatever.

Here's the general plan for anyone who's new or forgotten how this works:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

Notes:
1) We've made every effort to have the full prospect list as accurate as possible. If you have quibbles with the list, or if you feel like we've left someone off, please shoot me a PM and we'll see if it needs to be fixed. "graduates" from last year's list include:
Tim Berni (LD) (unranked)
Marcus Bjork (RD) (unranked)
Nick Blankenburg (RD) (#7)
Jacob Christiansen (LD) (#18)
Liam Foudy (LW/C) (#11)
Kent Johnson (C) (#1)
Kirill Marchenko (LW/RW) (#3)
Carson Meyer (RW) (HM)

No longer in the org (INELIGIBLE):
Eric Hjorth (RD) (unranked)
Samuel Johannesson (RD) (unranked)
Joona Luoto (LW) (unranked)

2) There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

3) There was some discussion on the first five. That said, we didn't fuss too much about it because you all can "fix" it in the add voting. Those five don't have to be the top five, if we get a player added and then enough posters vote for him in the subsequent poll.

4) Each poll is open for one day. We will do our best to keep these going with a fresh poll every day, but pre-apologies if we miss a day here or there.

Select your add from the list below (again, please let me know if there are corrections).

Tyler Angle (C)
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (LD)
Ben Boyd (C)
Gavin Brindley (C)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Corson Ceulemans (RD)
Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
Joshua Dunne (C)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Nikolai Makarov (LD)
James Malatesta (LW)
Hunter McKeown (C)
Tyler Peddle (LW/C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW/C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (RW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)
Robbie Stucker (RD)
Daniil Tarasov (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Dmitri Voronkov (C)
William Whitelaw (RW)

Add votes as of SavesALot:
Dmitri Voronkov - 10
Gavin Brindley - 8
James Malatesta - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Fantilli. Add Malatesta.

I haven't spent a lot of time putting together my prospect list, so my add is a bit off the cuff. I debated between JM, Voronkov and Brindley but at the end of the day, winning a Memorial Cup and being MVP deserves some extra accolades even if that doesn't fully translate to the next level.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Fantilli. Add Malatesta.

I haven't spent a lot of time putting together my prospect list, so my add is a bit off the cuff. I debated between JM, Voronkov and Brindley but at the end of the day, winning a Memorial Cup and being MVP deserves some extra accolades even if that doesn't fully translate to the next level.
I debated Malatesta here as well. Assuming GB gets added soon, he'll be next for me.

Reactions: Nanabijou

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
BTW, summer vacation included plenty of cycling, pickleball and seeing Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Dayton and Bonnie Raitt in Louisville.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I was wondering the same thing.
I used to commish a Fantasy Football league that did an auction with bidding for players. We had a $300 salary cap for 15 players and first rounders usually went for $90-$125. Someone would inevitably introduce a player in the first round like Nick Chubb $5. Next guy would say $7 and the next guy would up it to $8 and the next guy would say 'really, stop wasting time: $90'. Of course he'd go over $100.

This feels similar, stop wasting time, just jump to #3.

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
Love the depth of this year's crop, guys that would be comfortably in the top ten of other team's lists will get swallowed up on this poll. A healthy push of quality guys on ELCs is never a bad thing, I think lots of these names will be key in about three years when we (hopefully) have to pay big money to guys like Fantilli/Johnson/Jiricek on their second deals.
Add Brindley

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Add Voronkov.

Love Brindley but Voronkov joining the team next year tips it for me.

@Double-Shift Lasse I think Christiansen doesn't fit your criteria for graduation. He played 20 some NHL games last year.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
We already know number one is Fantilli and number two is Jiricek. Doesn't matter in which order Brindley and Voronkov are added as they'll be the next two added. This gets interesting with number three and also who gets added after that.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Add Voronkov. 3 years of KHL trumps MVP of the Memorial Cup.

Random thought when I saw Dumais as one of the original 5 my first thought
was maybe this prospect pool is overrated. I'm sure I'm in the minority but hot takes...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We already know number one is Fantilli and number two is Jiricek. Doesn't matter in which order Brindley and Voronkov are added as they'll be the next two added. This gets interesting with number three and also who gets added after that.
The "next two" debate was between Vorokov, Brindley, and Malatesta. Y'know, all the folks who've gotten votes so far. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad