Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2022 Summer Prospect Rankings: #9

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

1. Kent Johnson (LW/C)
2. David Jiricek (D)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW/RW)
4. Denton Mateychuk (D(
5. Corson Ceulemans (D)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Nick Blankenburg (D)
8. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)

Select your add from the list:

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Marcus Bjork (D)
Ben Boyd (LW)
Jacob Christiansen (D)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
Jordan Dumais (RW)
Josh Dunne (C)
James Fisher (C/RW)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Graves (G)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm (D)
Aidan Hreschuk (D)
Sergei Ibvanov (G)
Samuel Knazko (D)
Joona Luoto (LW)
Nikolai Makarov (D)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)

Added: Mikael Pyyhtia (C)

Adds (as of DoingItCoolKiwi):
Dumais - 9
Dolzhenkov - 5
Knazko - 3
Hreschuk - 2
Fisher - 1
Ivanov - 1
Christiansen - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Svozil, add Dolzhenkov. See previous thread as to why Dolzhenkov (short version: I think the skating is correctable). I had to flip a coin between Svozil and Richard.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Svozil, add Dolzhenkov, largely for the reasons @Viqsi laid out.

Only 7 adds left, including today (assuming we're stopping at 20, as is tradition). By the looks of it, almost certainly at least one prospect who had their NHL cup of coffee won't even be on the list.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Svozil, add Dumais.

For Dumais, due to his supposed skating issues, I’m not entirely convinced he’ll make it. But figure I gotta account for the “boom” half of “boom/bust” at some point.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Voted voronkov. I think he has a higher ceiling then foudy and is better right now. So better known unknowns and unknown unknowns.

Add Aidan Hreschuk (D)

Reactions: Doggy

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I could probably be swayed to Dolzhenkov or Dumais here. Feel like I need to learn more about Bjorgvik Holm and Hreschuk though, probably underrating them.
Add Dolzhenkov I guess

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Voted Richard

Add Aidan Hreschuk

My remaining order is something like Richard, Voronkov, Foudy, Svozil, Hreschuk, Pyyhtia, Knazko, Dumais, Malatesta...

Reactions: majormajor

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Svozil, add Dolzhenkov, largely for the reasons @Viqsi laid out.

Only 7 adds left, including today (assuming we're stopping at 20, as is tradition). By the looks of it, almost certainly at least one prospect who had their NHL cup of coffee won't even be on the list.
Given the names getting add votes we’re looking at Dunne, Meyer, TFW and maybe Christiansen not making the 20.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Torn between Knazko and Dolzhenkov. I think Knazko has a better shot at being a NHL player but Dolzhenkov has a higher upside but greater risk/less chance(?) to get there....

I still think this is great prospect depth to even be having this discussion (well, I am in my head anyway).

Add Knazko

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Given the names getting add votes we’re looking at Dunne, Meyer, TFW and maybe Christiansen not making the 20.

Yep, those are the guys I was thinking of (less so Dunne, since his NHL experience was just at the end of the 2021 season).

Meyer I'm not too surprised about. He turns 25 in a couple weeks and pretty rarely is there any upside to a guy that old already. A nice AHL player who you can plug into the NHL lineup for 5-10 games if a bunch of injuries occur.

TFW's injury cut short his '20-'21 campaign. He was...idk...ok? in 6 NHL games last year. He's 23 and so again, we kind of get into the development curve discussion. 33 points in 53 games with Cleveland last year isn't too bad.

Christiansen is only 22 (turns 23 next month) and has shown a lot of offensive ability from the blue line. I think the concern is his play in the D zone.

I'd really have to defer to those who watch the Monsters more closely on those guys (and Dunne and Angle) in terms of their probability of becoming NHLers.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad