• Daniil Tarasov (G)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ditto. I have both Mateychuk and Foudy ahead of both Marchenko and Tarasov. That is not a knock on Marchenko. Have I mentioned that I like our prospects?
I don't know where I'm at with Foudy...obvious talent...feels he has become stagnant...but I feel others has passed him...

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Ditto. I have both Mateychuk and Foudy ahead of both Marchenko and Tarasov. That is not a knock on Marchenko. Have I mentioned that I like our prospects?
Same on Mateychuk, Foudy is a little bit lower for me but I still like him. I really hope the hype for Marchenko among this fanbase comes true. With how his past seasons have gone in Russia I have no idea what level of player he is.

I like our forward prospects and I love our defenseman prospects. The back end is loaded in my books.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't know where I'm at with Foudy...obvious talent...feels he has become stagnant...but I feel others has passed him...
Who though? Nobody else offensively has proven much.

Silly and KJ are a tier (or two) above him, no doubt, but KJ still hasn't even proven he can play a full season in NHL yet.

Bemstrom has some good underlying numbers but hasn't really shown anything.

Chinakov needs time in the AHL.

Marchenko, while looking promising, hasn't had the opportunity to prove anything.

Outside of that... I don't know who who else is in the conversation unless we're talking about guys like Danforth, who will have to fight for a spot next season as well.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Who though? Nobody else offensively has proven much.

Silly and KJ are a tier (or two) above him, no doubt, but KJ still hasn't even proven he can play a full season in NHL yet.

Bemstrom has some good underlying numbers but hasn't really shown anything.

Chinakov needs time in the AHL.

Marchenko, while looking promising, hasn't had the opportunity to prove anything.

Outside of that... I don't know who who else is in the conversation unless we're talking about guys like Danforth, who will have to fight for a spot next season as well.
That's my thing, what has he proven...he's been a solid AHL guy...fill in NHL guy

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Voted Jiricek, add Mateychuk.

I honestly expected this one to be closer. I figured I’d be in the minority but didn’t think it would be this big of a blowout.

Voted Jiricek because while KJ has a #1C/W ceiling, Jiricek has a #1D ceiling and in my opinion is more likely to reach that than KJ becoming a 1C. Really excited for him to start on the track to proving me wrong this season though.

Reactions: Fro

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Voted Jiricek, add Mateychuk.

I honestly expected this one to be closer. I figured I’d be in the minority but didn’t think it would be this big of a blowout.

Voted Jiricek because while KJ has a #1C/W ceiling, Jiricek has a #1D ceiling and in my opinion is more likely to reach that than KJ becoming a 1C. Really excited for him to start on the track to proving me wrong this season though.

Jiricek v KJ was super close for me.

In their respective drafts I had Jiricek much higher, I just went with KJ based on how promising he looked in NHL action this Spring and some concerns that Jiricek's development could be hindered by his physically reckless playstyle causing injuries.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I like blankenberg, but I'm slightly concerned an udfa with so few games is being called a fringe top 5 prospect

I watched him play well in the NHL. I've basically never seen any of the others play at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad