HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #36 (closed)

• Ryker Evans - D

• Ridly Greig - C

• Mackie Samoskevich - RW

• Nate Danielson - C

• Zachary Bolduc - C

• Matt Coronato - RW

• Colby Barlow - LW

• Scott Morrow - D

• Jakob Pelletier - LW

• Marco Rossi - C

• Brad Lambert - C

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Joshua Roy - RW

• Stanislav Svozil - D

• Oliver Moore - C

• Alexandre Holtz - RW

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Brock Faber - D

• Frank Nazar - C

• Gabe Perreault - RW

• Tyson Foerster - RW

• Tristan Luneau - D

• Liam Ohgren - LW

• Arseni Gritsyuk - LW

• Brayden Yager - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Faber was Minny's 3rd best defenceman (on a good d corp) as a rookie in his stint. That seems like a very high floor for any prospect left on the list.
You proved exactly my point. I think he has a very high floor. But I dont necessarily think he has a very high ceiling. If you are voting for floor then sure he belongs. If you are voting for potential, I think there are better choices available.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
You proved exactly my point. I think he has a very high floor. But I dont necessarily think he has a very high ceiling. If you are voting for floor then sure he belongs. If you are voting for potential, I think there are better choices available.

It's not just the high floor, it's the low belief I have in someone still left over having a high probability of being a top pairing defenceman. I am sure most teams have guys of varying probability of being top pairing D, but Faber is almost there already, and doesn't have bust potential.

Last edited:

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
It's not just the high floor, it's the low belief I have in someone still left over having a high probability of being a top pairing defenceman. I am sure most teams have guys of varying probability of being top pairing D, but Faber is almost there already, and doesn't have bust potential.

Top Pairing Defenceman usually need to have fairly good offensive potential. I just dont see that with with Brock Faber. I definitely see him as a 2nd Pairing steady two way Defenseman in the league for a long time, which is very good. But he does not have top pairing potential. He truly never has.

Last year at University of Minnesota he was behind Lacombe and Koster for points from the blue line. And that was playing top line minutes. He is going to be a very very good defensemen. Even his showing last year in the NHL didnt show that. 0-0-0 in 8 Games. He looked like he fit in defensively, but unless he gets PP time I just dont think the points are going to come as easily for him at the NHL level.

I definitely see more potential from Ryker Evans and Tristan Luneau. They are offensively stellar, but probably have more to prove on the defensive side (although Luneau was outstanding defensively last year in the Q) But they do have a greater bust potential.

This poll is 100% on preference: High Floor but lower Ceiling in Faber or Low Floor and Higher Ceiling in Luneau and Evans?

Reactions: majormajor

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Mukhamadullin/Ryker
Luneau
Faber

Playing in the KHL and AHL and doing pretty good > getting a lot of points in the worst CHL league.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Mukhamadullin/Ryker
Luneau
Faber

Playing in the KHL and AHL and doing pretty good > getting a lot of points in the worst CHL league.
Just to be clear, he was in his d+1 while the other 2 were in their d+3. It isn’t like they are at the same point in their development.

Also, Luneau’s points are the least thing I am excited about when it comes to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad