HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #36 (closed)

• Ryker Evans - D

• Ridly Greig - C

• Mackie Samoskevich - RW

• Nate Danielson - C

• Zachary Bolduc - C

• Matt Coronato - RW

• Colby Barlow - LW

• Scott Morrow - D

• Jakob Pelletier - LW

• Marco Rossi - C

• Brad Lambert - C

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Joshua Roy - RW

• Stanislav Svozil - D

• Oliver Moore - C

• Alexandre Holtz - RW

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Brock Faber - D

• Frank Nazar - C

• Gabe Perreault - RW

• Tyson Foerster - RW

• Tristan Luneau - D

• Liam Ohgren - LW

• Arseni Gritsyuk - LW

• Brayden Yager - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Connor Bedard - C:hawks18. Olen Zellweger - D:ducks235. Tom Willander- D:nucks
2. Adam Fantilli - C:cbj19. Zach Benson - LW:sabres36.
3. Matvei Michkov - RW:flyers20. Ryan Leonard - RW:caps37.
4. Leo Carlsson - C:ducks221. Jiri Kulich - C:sabres38.
5. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes22. William Eklund - LW:sharks39.
6. Luke Hughes - D:devils23. Matthew Knies - LW:leafs40.
7. David Jiricek - D:cbj24. Lane Hutson - D:habs41.
8. Simon Nemec - D:devils25. Dalibor Dvorsky - C:blues42.
9. Will Smith - C:sharks26. Kevin Korchinski - D:hawks43.
10. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings27. Marco Kasper - C:wings44.
11. Alexander Nikishin - D:canes28. Jimmy Snuggerud - RW:blues45.
12. Brandt Clarke - D:kings29. Matthew Savoie - C:sabres46.
13. Pavel Mintyukov - D:ducks230. Luke Evangelista - LW:nashville47.
14. Shane Wright - C:seattle31. Denton Mateychuk - D:cbj48.
15. Cutter Gauthier - LW:flyers32. Matthew Wood - RW:nashville49.
16. Logan Stankoven - C:stars33. Dmitri Simashev - D:coyotes50.
17. David Reinbacher - D:habs34. Joakim Kemell - RW:nashville

To add:
Fabian Lysell - RW
Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D
Sam Honzek - C
Lukas Cormier - D
Rutger McGroarty - RW
Seamus Casey - D
Danila Yurov - RW
Shakir Mukhamadullin - D
William Wallinder - D
Sean Farrell - LW
Dmitri Buchelnikov - LW
Noah Ostlund - C
Jordan Dumais - RW
Bobby Brink - RW
Nathan Gaucher - C
Jonathan Lekkerimaki - LW
Connor Zary - C
Aatu Raty - C
Lian Bischel - D
Chaz Lucius - C
Owen Beck - C

Past lists:
HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2022)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

Last edited:

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Vancouver is on the board!

1692199363455.png

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Tristan Luneau should be around here. QMJHL Defensemen of the Year last year. Was projected to be a 1st round pick before a injury he struggled to recover from his pre draft year. Looked incredible last year with 83 points in 65 games​

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
Small point but I think Mazur should be in there over Buchelnikov. I think on our Wings board rankings Mazur was clear ahead of him in voting. (Apologies if this has been covered already)

Reactions: amnesiac

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Tristan Luneau should be around here. QMJHL Defensemen of the Year last year. Was projected to be a 1st round pick before a injury he struggled to recover from his pre draft year. Looked incredible last year with 83 points in 65 games​
Only had ten more points than Brunet, and Brunet is not even going to come close to making this list. Brunet is a year older, but I still don’t think Luneau should be on the list for a while.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Only had ten more points than Brunet, and Brunet is not even going to come close to making this list. Brunet is a year older, but I still don’t think Luneau should be on the list for a while.
Hockey isnt just points. Luneau was easily a better offensive and defensive player than Brunet. And is a year younger.

Just look at their Playoff stat lines in the QMJHL. Small sample size but these players arent even in the same realm.

Luneau 2-5-17 and a +9 in 13 GP.
Brunet 0-3-3 and a -6 in 5 GP.

Would people really take Luneau over Coronato, Danielson and Faber???

I would take Luneau over Faber. I think Faber is definitely an NHLer but I see him as a 2nd Line Defenseman at most. I just dont think he has the scoring potential to be a top line defender. I think Luneau still has that potential at this point.

I was never impressed with Danielson and thought he was a reach by the Red Wings. But to each there own.

Coronato should definitely be in the conversation and I dont think I would be opposed to him going before Luneau, but I believe they are in the same tier.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Over Faber is a tough one, but yes. I think Luneau is a top pair upside guy. He's only off the radar because he was recovering from injury in his draft year. He's not missing anything.

Yes over Danielson and easy yes over Coronato.

I voted Ryker Evans, FWIW, but I'm very happy if Luneau is on the board here.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Hockey isnt just points. Luneau was easily a better offensive and defensive player than Brunet. And is a year younger.

Just look at their Playoff stat lines in the QMJHL. Small sample size but these players arent even in the same realm.

I would take Luneau over Faber. I think Faber is definitely an NHLer but I see him as a 2nd Line Defenseman at most. I just dont think he has the scoring potential to be a top line defender. I think Luneau still has that potential at this point.

I was never impressed with Danielson and thought he was a reach by the Red Wings. But to each there own.

Coronato should definitely be in the conversation and I dont think I would be opposed to him going before Luneau, but I believe they are in the same tier.
I agree, I just think that Luneau should go later on in the poll.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Coronato has the (slightly)better NCAA career point per game than Knies playing on a worse team. Same draft. Yet Knies went 13 spots ago. Must be those nebulous intangibles at it again.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Danielson here, Faber and Coronato next.

90% of the to add is not better than Xavier Bourgault and Bourque already has 4 votes. He had a very good 1st pro year despite not putting up massive counting stats (same as Bourque)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Coronato has the (slightly)better NCAA career point per game than Knies playing on a worse team. Same draft. Yet Knies went 13 spots ago. Must be those nebulous intangibles at it again.

People are continually pretending to not understand how size and strength works in prospect evaluation.

Like Chris Kreider had a BU teammate with his same age and production named Steven Whitney. He was 5'7, and went undrafted. By HF logic he should have been worth the same as a prospect.

Danielson here, Faber and Coronato next.

90% of the to add is not better than Xavier Bourgault and Bourque already has 4 votes. He had a very good 1st pro year despite not putting up massive counting stats (same as Bourque)

It doesn't matter, Bourgault and Bourque shouldn't make the top 50, or 60.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
People are continually pretending to not understand how size and strength works in prospect evaluation.

Like Chris Kreider had a BU teammate with his same age and production named Steven Whitney. He was 5'7, and went undrafted. By HF logic he should have been worth the same as a prospect.

It doesn't matter, Bourgault and Bourque shouldn't make the top 50, or 60.
You voted for Ryker Evans here.. I tend to think your analysis is bad so whatever you say buddy!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Faber is a tricky one. For some reason, he almost feels like a graduated prospect already, even though he's really not at all. His NHL-level play late in the year and into the playoffs makes him feel like such a "safe" bet here. His range of projection has a super high "floor" and there's also still quite a bit of "ceiling" to potentially reach. But i'm not sure it's as high as others.

For me, i'd go with Danielson or Oliver Moore here. High scoring Q defencemen are still a bit hit or miss.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

Faber was Minny's 3rd best defenceman (on a good d corp) as a rookie in his stint. That seems like a very high floor for any prospect left on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad