HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #24 (closed)

• S.Edvinsson - DET

• V.Kravtsov - NYR

• N.Robertson - TOR

• P.Broberg - EDM

• S.Pinto - OTT

• D.Guenther - ARI

• V.Podkolzin - VAN

• C.York - PHI

• A.Holtz - NJD

• D.Holloway - EDM

• C.McMichael - WSH

• T.Harley - DAL

• V.Heinola - WPG

• J.Quinn - BUF

• V.Soderstrom - ARI

• D.Mercer - NJD

• S.Jarvis - CAR

• P.Tomasino - NSH

• A.Kaliyev - LAK

• C.Addison - MIN

• K.Johnson - CLB

• T.Foerster - PHI

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks2. Moritz Seider - D:wings3. Quinton Byfield - C:kings
4. Cole Caufield - RW:habs5. Owen Power - D:sabres6. Jamie Drysdale - D:ducks
7. Bowen Byram - D:avs8. Anton Lundell - C:panthers9. Matty Beniers - C:seattle
10. Jake Sanderson - D:sens11. Lucas Raymond - LW:wings12. Matthew Boldy - LW:wild
13. Alex Newhook - C:avs14. William Eklund - LW:sharks15. Nils Lundkvist - D:rangers
16. Cole Perfetti - C:jets17. Marco Rossi - C:wild18. Peyton Krebs - C:vegas
19. Alex Turcotte - C:kings20. Luke Hughes - D:devils21. Evan Bouchard - D:edmonton
22. Mason McTavish - C:ducks23. Brandt Clarke - D:kings24.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
to add:

G.Denisenko - FLA
C.Zary - CGY
B.Faber - LAK
PO Joseph - PIT
C.Sillinger - CLB
T.Bordeleau - SJS
S.Perunovich - STL
I.Morozov - VGK
F.Lysell - BOS
K.Marchenko - CLB
R.Amirov - TOR
Y.Chinakhov - CLB
J.Berggren - DET
D.Farrance - NSH
A.Alexeyev - WSH
C.Lucius - WPG
L.Reichel - CHI
K.Guhle - MTL
JJ Peterka - BUF

past lists:
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (2020)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (2019)

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm feeling torn between Seth Jarvis and Kent Johnson.

I see elite upside for both, more than for Holloway, McMichael, and Heinola.

Reactions: Eegs

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
How is anyone putting Holloway over McMichael? Did anyone watch the world juniors? These guys are the same age!
This is criminal. lol

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
How is anyone putting Holloway over McMichael? Did anyone watch the world juniors? These guys are the same age!
This is criminal. lol
Literally click on who voted for Holloway, the majority either have an Oilers related name, an Oilers related avatar, or are located in Edmonton...I'm not kidding

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I understand Holloway had a good year in college, but some of these other guys did that in pro leagues. McMichael and Jarvis put up similar numbers to Holloway's college numbers in the AHL this year. Pinto stepped into the NHL with good numbers. And even Holtz had a decent season in the SHL.

Reactions: Eegs

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
This is criminal. lol

They aren't the same age though.

Holloway was drafted in 2020, McMichael in 2019. Holloway was old for his draft year but he had one less year for development.

I understand Holloway had a good year in college, but some of these other guys did that in pro leagues. McMichael and Jarvis put up similar numbers to Holloway's college numbers in the AHL this year. Pinto stepped into the NHL with good numbers. And even Holtz had a decent season in the SHL.

AHL numbers this year have to be taken with a grain of salt. Most of the previous AHL stars were called up to be on the taxi squad, and with other leagues shutting down players came from overseas, watering down the talent. Tomasino, as an example, had better numbers in the AHL than McMichael, coming in at over a ppg. Guys like Foerster, Wisdom, Foote, and Perrault all put up surprisingly good numbers. I'm not discrediting McMichael/Jarvis, (both of whom I have in the same tier as Holloway), but AHL production does not hold the same value as it usually would.

Finally, McMichael and Jarvis's numbers were nowhere near similar to Holloway's numbers, I don't know where you got that from. Over an 82 game season, McMichael paced for 67 points. Holloway put up a 124 point pace. That's not even remotely close.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Finally, McMichael and Jarvis's numbers were nowhere near similar to Holloway's numbers, I don't know where you got that from. Over an 82 game season, McMichael paced for 67 points. Holloway put up a 124 point pace. That's not even remotely close.
That's because one played in the AHL and another in college. Although a small sample size McMichael was a leader for Canada at the WJC while Holloway didn't get much deployment.

And in regards to your comment to the other user. They are the same age, they were both 01s, Holloway was just past the cut-off date. Holloway is a great prospect but I don't think it's his time yet....I don't know how you can say he jumped so many guys from his draft class alone, let alone others.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Holloway has the much bigger frame and better skating, so though McMichael has been better at lower levels, Holloway has a translation advantage over McMichael. I could see the argument either way.

But both of those guys track as more middle of the lineup, likely second line. I don't see why you would take them over someone with Kent Johnson's upside.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
That's because one played in the AHL and another in college. Although a small sample size McMichael was a leader for Canada at the WJC while Holloway didn't get much deployment.

And in regards to your comment to the other user. They are the same age, they were both 01s, Holloway was just past the cut-off date. Holloway is a great prospect but I don't think it's his time yet....I don't know how you can say he jumped so many guys from his draft class alone, let alone others.

You said that "McMichael and Jarvis put up similar numbers to Holloway's college numbers in the AHL this year". I get that they played in different leagues, but their point paces were nowhere near alike. (As it should be, given the disparity between the leagues). But you made it sounds like their AHL numbers were similar to Holloway's NCAA numbers. In regards to the WJC, Holloway was utilized in a defensive checking role and exceeded there.

I mean Holloway is 9 months younger and had one less developmental year, that doesn't count for nothing.

In response to "I don't know how you can say he jumped so many guys from his draft class alone, let alone others", his NCAA point totals are honestly enough to make a solid argument. His ppg this year was top-5 among NCAA U20 players in the last decade, ahead of guys like Gaudreau/Keller/Boeser and well ahead of guys like Boldy/Zegras.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
They aren't the same age though.

Holloway was drafted in 2020, McMichael in 2019. Holloway was old for his draft year but he had one less year for development.

They were both born in 2001. They started hockey at the same time. They have had the same years of development. Holloway was old for his draft (like you pointed out). Tomasino is less than two months older than Holloway. These guys all started their hockey lives the same time (Most likely September of 2005).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They were both born in 2001. They started hockey at the same time. They have had the same years of development. Holloway was old for his draft (like you pointed out). Tomasino is less than two months older than Holloway. These guys all started their hockey lives the same time (Most likely September of 2005).

It's 9 months age difference between Holloway and McMichael. Whether you think that is important or not is up to you, but it is not the same age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad