HFBoards TOP 50 Prospect Ranking: #27 (closed)

• Max Comtois - W

• Josh Brook - D

• Dante Fabbro - D

• Oliver Wahlstrom - W

• Filip Hronek - D

• Sam Steel - C

• Jordan Kyrou - W

• Aleksi Heponiemi - W

• Philip Broberg - D

• K'Andre Miller - D

• Grigori Denisenko - W

• Alex Texier - C

• Adam Fox - D

• Peyton Krebs - C

• Jusso Valimaki - D

• Ryan Poehling - C

• Alex Newhook - C

• Elie Tolvanen - W

• Martin Kaut - W

• Victor Soderstrom - D

• Cam York - D

• Logan Brown - C

• Nick Suzuki - F

• Jesper Boqvist - W

• Joel Farabee - W

• Urho Vaakanainen - D

• Matthew Boldy - W

• Dillon Dube - W

• Henri Jokiharju - D

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Personally, I think Dube has a chance to be a number 1 C. I honestly think he has a chance to be a better player than Tkachuk or Monahan (although not as gifted offensively)

I think he had a top 5-10 ppg for players 20 and under in the history of the AHL. Plus he is an absolute stud defensively/ he is a possession monster.

Well thats certainly high praise. Cant say I agree, but its interesting.

Good question on Seider, dunno what drove that other than maybe his late rise making people think that there's something to him that they'd been missing?

Personally, I think Byram was the only blueliner in this class who goes top 10 in each of the past 10 drafts, so I expected a team (or two) to reach for Seider or Broberg because this blueline class just isn't as stacked as the past few. Not saying they're bad prospects, just that they were over-drafted compared to guys I liked more like Valimaki, went much later just a year ago and guys I like a lot more (like Hughes) went around were Seider did.

But the post you quoted is why guys like Sandin going higher than I have him, or someone like Jokiharju making the list before Ian Mitchell, doesn't surprise me.

I was particularly high on Heinola and I think hes comparable to a lot of highly drafted players, but his size and poor u18 made him fall for sure, as usual.

Otherwise I agree with you. Its weird. Really weird.

To be fair, I think this thread is misplaced in the poll section.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Personally, I think Dube has a chance to be a number 1 C. I honestly think he has a chance to be a better player than Tkachuk or Monahan (although not as gifted offensively). In the preaseason the Oilers broadcast team was comparing him to Brayden Point

I think he had a top 5-10 ppg for players 20 and under in the history of the AHL. Plus he is an absolute stud defensively/ he is a possession monster.

in the NHL? :skeptic:

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
in the NHL? :skeptic:

Yes. I honestly think his skating ability is as good as anyone not named Mackinnon or McDavid. Plus he’s really intelligent in his own zone (hence the C for Canada). To me he has a chance to be be the best forward for the Flames since Gaudreau. It is an unpopular opinion but i truly think he’s a special player.

ProbertKocur

Feb 3, 2014
Detroit
It’s a crime that Hronek hasn’t been picked yet. A player with good potential that has played amazing as of late. If a guy like Broberg gets voted over him....lol

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Hepo has the most skill out of the group left and its not even close so I voted him. Lots of good D prospects left too like Hronek, Broberg, Fabbro and Valimaki.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Id also would like to know whats the narative behind Seider, Podkolzin and Cozens going ahead of Boldy. Especially Seider, draft hype goes a long way, it seems.
Hear me out, people have a different opinion on prospects than you do. That does not mean they are wrong and you are right.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is Broberg.

And add Yamamoto and Samorukov.

Yeah Samorukov should be off of the board long ago but Yamamoto just had a horrible season. No way he belongs on anyone's top 50 list until he stays healthy and puts up points for a season.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Never claimed otherwise, but Id like to understand what pushed people to rank some of these players.
Well I think for Sandin, it may be because he had a comparable/arguably better season than Brannstrom in the same league, whilst being a year younger.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Never claimed otherwise, but Id like to understand what pushed people to rank some of these players.

For me: Boldy's decision making is so painfully safe that despite having similar...although not quite as impressive IMO...tools to Podkolzin, he's less likely to become a driver for his line and much more likely to cap out as a prime-Saad-esque complementary scoring liner. So I just see a significantly higher ceiling with Pod; even if he's rawer at the moment.

I wasn't very high on Seider or Cozens, so can't help you there, but I loved Pod and would've taken him or Zegras over Byram at #4.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah Samorukov should be off of the board long ago but Yamamoto just had a horrible season. No way he belongs on anyone's top 50 list until he stays healthy and puts up points for a season.

He didn't actually. Injuries slowed him, but when healthy he was a force down in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad