HFBoards Software Update

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I jumped the gun yesterday, but anyway I'll just post the same thing today :p

HF Boards is finally updating its software. We're going to Xenforo.

There's a good chance it happens tomorrow at 9AM Pacific. When it happens there will be some downtime.

If there's something you need to make sure it survives the migration, back it all up. Private messages, , uploaded files, avatars, frequently updated forum posts. Stuff like that. Most of that stuff should make it but ya never know.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/announcement.php?a=209

If you have any questions you can pester me in here instead of bugging the support email :p

E

Last edited:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I jumped the gun yesterday, but anyway I'll just post the same thing today :P

HF Boards is finally updating its software. We're going to Xenforo.

There's a good chance it happens tomorrow at 9AM Pacific. When it happens there will be some downtime.

If there's something you need to make sure it survives the migration, back it all up. Private messages, , uploaded files, avatars, frequently updated forum posts. Stuff like that. Most of that stuff should make it but ya never know.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/announcement.php?a=209

If you have any questions you can pester me in here instead of bugging the support email :P

any structural changes? I feel like this site is in need of an update :laugh:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I've noticed recently some extremely bandwidth-hogging ads... I can't imagine *that's* gonna get any better (for people who don't *cough* block ads *cough*)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
So basically HFboards will look something like this?

xf_elegance1.png

RufusG

May 23, 2017
It'll be super-fabulous if there's a functionality for threads to open automatically at the first unread post. Hope I'm not getting my hopes up...

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
It'll be super-fabulous if there's a functionality for threads to open automatically at the first unread post. Hope I'm not getting my hopes up...

HF has had this for at least 15 years. Probably closer to 20.

RufusG

May 23, 2017
HF has had this for at least 15 years. Probably closer to 20.

What the heck is wrong with my computer then? I have to push a "View first unread" button to accomplish that? Maybe my dues check didn't arrive at HQ?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Sniper i will straight up throw a fit if i don't like it just a heads up. Like a full-on full-blown 6 year old kid on a Walmart floor tantrum

Have a friend whose 6 year threw a tantrum on the floor at a big store. My friend got down on the floor with the kid and started yelling and crying as well.

The kid completely stopped, and stared in silence at how stupid his mother looked doing that. ;)

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Nice it has a likes system, that's always good for my ego

I'm hoping for a dislike so I can gather them; umm, I mean, yeah I want likes as well.

I'd prefer an uptick/downtick or +/- option. I may not like someone's post, but they could be making a perfectly eloquent point or argument that I might approve. Oh, wait, I guess I don't have to worry about that here :laugh:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Have a friend whose 6 year threw a tantrum on the floor at a big store. My friend got down on the floor with the kid and started yelling and crying as well.

The kid completely stopped, and stared in silence at how stupid his mother looked doing that. ;)

I love this idea. Will try with wife.

I think I found my signature..... :laugh:

:handclap: :nod::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad