Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wouldnt be opposed to Lindholm.... (he's number 28... is that a sign? ;) )

Playing against grown men (Elitserien) as a (newly turned) 18 yr old. Has 21 points in 32 games.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If Zadorov is left, Zadorov

Well he should he should be left. Most mock lists and rankings have him as a mid to late teens pick. The earliest I have seen him picked in about 20 mock drafts is 10th.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Sort of funny that a lot of Flyers fans want Zadorov, since the most common NHL comparison for him is Braydon Coburn

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Zadorov is left, Zadorov

You have to really banking on Zadorov offensive game coming around. I know you have compared him to Pronger before, but he doesn't have that offensive game yet.

Ryan Pulock would be the more complete player and safer pick. That of course is if he still is there at 8, 9, or 10. Zadorov will most likely be there still.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
You have to really banking on Zadorov offensive game coming around. I know you have compared him to Pronger before, but he doesn't have that offensive game yet.

Ryan Pulock would be the more complete player and safer pick. That of course is if he still is there at 8, 9, or 10. Zadorov will most likely be there still.

Zadorov has been playing behind Harrington and Maata.

He deserves PP time

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Zadorov has been playing behind Harrington and Maata.

He deserves PP time

I hope London gets a real puck-moving defenseman in the trade market. We have Harrington, Zadorov, Hughes, Ferry and Raine who are all shutdown guys, and Liberati and Maatta who are two-way guys at best. We need a defenseman to set up one-timers on the PP for Zadorov.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I hope London gets a real puck-moving defenseman in the trade market. We have Harrington, Zadorov, Hughes, Ferry and Raine who are all shutdown guys, and Liberati and Maatta who are two-way guys at best. We need a defenseman to set up one-timers on the PP for Zadorov.

I agree.

Trade for Erik Karlsson

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Less offensive than Coburn? Hmm... I know it helps with being physical, but maybe Pulock I want more than him?

He hasn't gotten much time to flourish in the OHL just yet since it's his first year but he's at about .33 ppg and Coburn wasn't too might higher than .5 ppg in his draft year.

I guess Playoff Coburn would be a better comparison

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
He hasn't gotten much time to flourish in the OHL just yet since it's his first year but he's at about .33 ppg and Coburn wasn't too might higher than .5 ppg in his draft year.

I guess Playoff Coburn would be a better comparison

He wouldn't be a bad pick on the surface of it. He fits in with what the organization wants.

He's meaner than Coburn. Lots of size.

I am always okay drafting BPA, but there is not a clear order to whoever is behind Seth Jones. If Zadorov fits what the Flyers are looking for that would be a fine pick.

The Flyers do need a PMD.

Rasmus Ristolainen would be another guy I would look at if they feel organizationally that center is a position of reduced value due to the bounty they're enjoying.

Also big-- more two way. Great with the puck.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Wouldnt be opposed to Lindholm.... (he's number 28... is that a sign? ;) )

Playing against grown men (Elitserien) as a (newly turned) 18 yr old. Has 21 points in 32 games.

Great video!
Hands, passing, vision, creativity, protects the puck well, and is relentless for 2nd chances...
Does he back check?

If so, he looks like a pretty special player. Just wow.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
He wouldn't be a bad pick on the surface of it. He fits in with what the organization wants.

He's meaner than Coburn. Lots of size.

I am always okay drafting BPA, but there is not a clear order to whoever is behind Seth Jones. If Zadorov fits what the Flyers are looking for that would be a fine pick.

The Flyers do need a PMD.

Rasmus Ristolainen would be another guy I would look at if they feel organizationally that center is a position of reduced value due to the bounty they're enjoying.

Also big-- more two way. Great with the puck.

Zadorov is not a bad puck moving defenseman at all. Actually, he's very adept at moving the puck and has no problems handling it or making that great first outlet pass.

If he were anywhere else but London, he'd be a regular on the power play and would play in a more offensive role. He's also got a big booming shot from the point that is low, hard, and accurate.

In terms of offensive game, I'd say it's actually a lot more like Zdeno Chara than it is Braydon Coburn. Next season, Zadorov will probably get a lot more power play time in London and then you'll see those offensive numbers shoot up drastically. I will say this though - his defensive game is already NHL caliber. He's very smart on the ice and he knows what's expected of him and that he always takes care of business in his own end before anything else.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Zadorov is not a bad puck moving defenseman at all. Actually, he's very adept at moving the puck and has no problems handling it or making that great first outlet pass.

If he were anywhere else but London, he'd be a regular on the power play and would play in a more offensive role. He's also got a big booming shot from the point that is low, hard, and accurate.

In terms of offensive game, I'd say it's actually a lot more like Zdeno Chara than it is Braydon Coburn. Next season, Zadorov will probably get a lot more power play time in London and then you'll see those offensive numbers shoot up drastically. I will say this though - his defensive game is already NHL caliber. He's very smart on the ice and he knows what's expected of him and that he always takes care of business in his own end before anything else.

How come he was passed over for the WJC this year does anyone know?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I think we have enough votes now. Thank you to everyone who came out and voiced their opinion, and at this time it looks like the Philadelphia Flyers are going to go with Jonathan Drouin. I'll be posting the full results of the draft in the Prospect forum once I have collected votes from all 30 teams.

65080_106016916235042_1018609494_n.jpg

This thread seems more relevant then ever now. Maybe it was a sign

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad