Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Don't know if this has been done before, but it's a long lockout so I decided I'd try it. I ran a lottery simulation a while back and came up with a draft order which can be seen here. I decided that instead of coming up with a mock draft myself I would have the fans of each team vote on their pick. I'll post the collective results once every fanbase has voted.

The Flyers have the #5 pick. Thus far, Aleksander Barkov, Seth Jones, Nathan Mackinnon and Sean Monahan have been selected. Who would you want Philadelphia to select with the fifth overall pick?

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Nikita Zadorov

We have enough small mobile defensemen like Ryan Pulock, so I'd use the pick to draft Zadorov.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I think Ryan Pulock is the answer here. IMO, he's the most well-rounded of the defensemen remaining imo. Druin is great, but certainly not better enough to ignore the positional needs in this case. If Monahan slid, I could see that changing the need vs. BPA ratio.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Im always iffy on a player who plays on a line with the #1 pick in the draft.

Im stuck between three players. Elias Lindholm, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Nikita Zadorov.

Its would be hard to pass on Lindholm at that point in the draft. He might be another center (some sites list him as a winger also), but his skill level is crazy...

From draftsite.com

Another prototypical Swedish center with excellent NHL upside. Has good wheels, tremedous quickness, a quick stick, and plays strong on the puck with overall game toughness. Could be a special player down the road. At this point more of a playmaker, but his recent showings have displayed a really smart offensive threat who can withstand the rough going, while maintaining his more finesse style of play.

Im personally a big fan of Ristolainen. One of the top defenders of the draft. One of the top defenders in last years WJC as a 17 yr old.

Nikita Zadorov is a nice player also, but is looking like a mid teens type of pick.

I go with Ramus here.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Nikita Zadorov

We have enough small mobile defensemen like Ryan Pulock, so I'd use the pick to draft Zadorov.

I wouldn't take Zadorov here.

Will be selected in the mid teens/early 20's. Good player, just not a top 5 pick.

Also Pulock is not a "small" mobile defenseman. He is 6'0/6'1 depending where you look weighing 210-215. Also is a great offensive threat with a rocket of a shot. He would be a great player to have in our organization, and the best prospect since Pitkanen. One negative he has is he doesn't throw his weight around as much as he should, but that can come in time.

Also I would take Drouin if he was there over Pulock.

Last edited:

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
None of the above. Homer trades up to #2 and grabs Jones. (Who is then traded 2.5 seasons later :))

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So we would take another C in Drouin? I've never seen him play. Is he that good? If we were to trade down from 5th, and we know it would be Drouin, maybe send it somewhere to the west coast and use a slightly lower pick for Pulock? I dunno, just thinking...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
So we would take another C in Drouin? I've never seen him play. Is he that good? If we were to trade down from 5th, and we know it would be Drouin, maybe send it somewhere to the west coast and use a slightly lower pick for Pulock? I dunno, just thinking...

He's more of a LW. Think Giroux. He has sick hands.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Ugh... I'd love him, but we need D :laugh:. In a way, I guess this is how the Oilers feel picking 3 forwards in a row as 1st overall.

It's another deep draft with regards to defensemen this year. There's probably five or six defensemen who will go in the 2nd round this year that should have been first round picks. However, if the Flyers do end up with pick number 5, I'd love to see them draft Couturier's running mate for the next little while.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Don't draft drouin damn it.

Giroux is 5'11
Drouin is 5'11

Gonna try to challenge the Habs for smallests first line in the league?

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
I think we have enough votes now. Thank you to everyone who came out and voiced their opinion, and at this time it looks like the Philadelphia Flyers are going to go with Jonathan Drouin. I'll be posting the full results of the draft in the Prospect forum once I have collected votes from all 30 teams.

65080_106016916235042_1018609494_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad