GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Along with being a fan of my own team, I enjoy seeing new playoff matchups, so definitely rooting for Preds-Stars, and Blues-Jets. The latter would a nasty series.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Along with being a fan of my own team, I enjoy seeing new playoff matchups, so definitely rooting for Preds-Stars, and Blues-Jets. The latter would a nasty series.

Preds/Stars would be a nice buildup for the Winter Classic next year too if we can get some hatred going between the teams.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
As for the whole "they just got in on loser points!!" that I'm sure will be brought up with the Avs...not really. The Avs have been to extra time 19 times this season...that's not really appreciably more than many other teams. Tampa has been 17 times. Sharks have been 17 times. The team they were fighting for the last spot, Arizona, has been 17 times.

The reason the Avs have so many loser points is not that they're great at just getting games to OT because they can't win 5 v 5 which is what people seem to figure...they just can't win in 3 v 3 pond hockey which doesn't actually exist in the playoffs, or in shootouts, which also don't exist in the playoffs. Tampa, for instance, is 6-1 in shootouts. The Avs are now 3-12 in OT, which is comfortably the worst OT record in the league. With a bit more fortune in OT...say just even .500, the Avs would have another 4-5 points and be comfortably above this mess.

Dom Luszczyszyn, who isn't an Avs guy, recently noted that in the Athletic:
Those loser points may seem as if they’re falsely propping up Colorado, but they’re likelier an indication of the team’s poor luck in close games, specifically in overtime which is much more prone to random variation. The Avalanche’s plus-11 goal differential ranks seventh in the West and it is 24 goals better than Arizona’s.

They didn't get in on loser points. They got in in spite of loser points and in spite of the NHL's 3 v 3 pond hockey and shootouts which really aren't 'real' hockey.

RandomAvsFan

Jun 27, 2016
Denver, Colorado
They have the lottery to look forward too also......:laugh: I doubt anyone in Colorado gives a flying **** if they bow out in the 1st. They made the playoffs and have the highest odds to land Hughes. They are guarenteed a top 4 pick

Not to mention Makar is on his way. Hopefully we have 2 elite prospects to add to the team after the draft. :)

Reactions: missionAvs

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Feel bad for Arizona. Want them in the playoffs over the Avs, think their D system gives them a better chance against CGY than the Avs.

They also work harder more consistently than the Avs over the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad