GDT: HFBoards GDT 4/21/21 | 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Chicago had Kane and Toews. Montreal does nor have an equivalent of those guys.
But if Gallagher is back in form, we have one of the best even-strength line in the league - unless they fall asleep like last year.

Special units are what will be the Habs' demise due to not having that powerplay gamebreaker (unless Suzuki's PP merching goes vroom vroom)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think Vegas really doesn't want to play MN, as they have an awful record against them. VGK are better team, but MN just matches up well against them. CO used to have the same problem, but have been beating MN the past couple of years.

There is no doubt that the team that gets first place will have an easier matchup, unless STL finds themselves.
Best case scenario for Colorado is for Minnesota to take out Vegas in the first round.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It probably sounds cliché but it's going to come down to goaltending.

It totally will, and who gets those weird breaks.

Hockey is a funny sport, luck can play a big role.

Now obviously if you’re an elite team you make your own puck luck over large sample sizes, but the teams in the North all have their different strengths and flaws.

The Leafs are probably the most complete roster top to bottom, however, man their goaltending is looking suspect for them lately.

These teams are all flawed and have their own strengths. It’s going to be an interesting playoffs.

If the intensity that we’ve seen these last two Oilers v Habs games are any indication, it’s going to be tough physical hockey with every inch of ice contested.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Best case scenario for Colorado is for Minnesota to take out Vegas in the first round.

You could also say that the best case for Vegas is for CO to take out MN, or maybe MN to take out CO?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Blues could still be a tough out but I think that depends almost entirely on Binnington, which... gonna put low odds on that one this year I think.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You could also say that the best case for Vegas is for CO to take out MN, or maybe MN to take out CO?
I think Colorado is going to take the division pretty comfortably, their schedule is easy. LAx4 and SJx4. Actually best case scenario is Colorado goes 3-0 against St Louis in the next 3 games and Arizona sneaks into 4th.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I think Vegas really doesn't want to play MN, as they have an awful record against them. VGK are better team, but MN just matches up well against them. CO used to have the same problem, but have been beating MN the past couple of years.

There is no doubt that the team that gets first place will have an easier matchup, unless STL finds themselves.
I can confirm we don't want to face the wild.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
It went

It went both ways, and it’s extremely entertaining the way hockey should be

If that’s the way you think hockey should be:
FFF8AE20-2809-4B2B-85DE-660258C740B5.gif

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Your moronic, it was clear from puck drop what kind of game this would be, i saw calls missed on both sides.
Playoffs hockey is gonna hit you and you’ll be too busy crying about the refs to watch your team lose

Exactly what you said. I can’t believe Oiler fans are crying about the refs in this game. They got away with things also. This is called playoff hockey so get used to it. In the end they have no one to blame but them selves. Montreal exposed there weak D and Smith was Smith again.

Reactions: Theodore450

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Refs put the whistles away, which is fine. However, that Draisaitl call in the 3rd was baffling after everything that was let go all game.

Might have been called because He left his feet slightly and lunged forward. I didn’t think it was a penalty.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
McDavid could have had a handfull of elbowing penalties in this game, for sure.

These McDavid elbows are really getting out of hand and refs usually do nothing. If he resorts to this league has to do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad