GDT: HFBoards GDT 4/21/21 | 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Your team isn't even making the playoffs so congrats on the regular season win. There were definitely missed calls on both sides but you're a homer if you think it was an evenly called game.

If it was the other way around Hab fans would be calling their police department to launch an investigation into the matter.
Stop comparing me to other habs fans, my team will make the playoffs.... and like I said if you can calmly realize that this was a fairly reffed game you’ll feel better tmr

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It'll be a tough out for Edmonton in the first round no matter who they play. Two players can't win you a playoff series, we saw it last year against Chicago.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
It looked like a charge which is why I assume it was called during the game
He got two minutes for interference, so the call had nothing to do with charging. Take a look at the scoresheet before saying something so stupid next time.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It'll be a tough out for Edmonton in the first round no matter who they play. Two players can't win you a playoff series, we saw it last year against Chicago.
I think they would be heavy favourites against Winnipeg, play them really well

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Your team isn't even making the playoffs so congrats on the regular season win. There were definitely missed calls on both sides but you're a homer if you think it was an evenly called game.

If it was the other way around Hab fans would be calling their police department to launch an investigation into the matter.
Did we do that in the first half (before Julien's firing), when the Habs were on pace of have the worst penalty differential rate in league history by over one standard deviation over the 2nd worst?

Reactions: sansabri

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Why randomly call the 39th potential charge, cross-check, trip, slash, or interference call in the game? And they called it interference. It was only interference because at the last second the the defender missed the puck, and this was after they ignored blatant interference by both teams all game to that point.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Nuge seems to understand that it’s playoff hockey in his presser, why can’t the non athlete fans see the same?

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
They call charges as interference nowadays, same with obstruction
pretty sure they don't. I think they just call charges a charge. Interference has nothing to do with how many steps were used to make the hit. I can see elbowing/cross checking being called as a roughing penalty but charging and interference is a reach on your part there. They clearly saw the aftermath and had no idea what happened.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Oilers and Leafs both dont know how to play in a way where you walk the line officiating wise because you know what the refs will and won't let go.

It's a very veteran approach and can wear on talented teams.

It definitely scares me sometimes but it's an important skill to perfect because in playoffs the game is called tighter.

I don't think anybody out there has the science down but there's an element to it for sure. Recent history is the Capitals who were obviously more skilled than just about everybody but didn't know how to cheat enough come playoff time. Then they got a few more guys like Wilson.

That said you still never know with NHL officials. They'll let everything go for 50 minutes and then call a bodycheck because they got bored or something.

Reactions: nturn06

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Call me a whiner, but that was by far the worst officiated game I have seen in 25 years

You sound like the kind of people who say that a couple of times every season.

Yep lol. Here's two more from the last two months. They'll have another worst they've ever seen in 25 years in a few weeks.

April 10th

Congrats Sh**gary. You beat u in our worst game I have ever seen played.

March 7th

This game is the worst I have seen in terms of calls going one way and the same ones not called the other way. Even bias aside.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Why randomly call the 39th potential charge, interference, cross-check, trip, slash, or interference call in the game? And they called it interference. It was only interference because at the last second the the defender missed the puck, and this was after they ignored blatant interference by both teams all game to that point.
Why call the slash on Drouin when 5min prior lehk got a stick to the face? Cause it’s playoff hockey and the ref in that moment at ice level thought it warranted a penalty. S

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
pretty sure they don't. I think they just call charges a charge. Interference has nothing to do with how many steps were used to make the hit. I can see elbowing/cross checking being called as a roughing penalty but charging and interference is a reach on your part there. They clearly saw the aftermath and had no idea what happened.
Yeah your probably right about that, ref made a reactionary call

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
First off... Habs played a good game and deserved to win.

I had no problem with the refs letting stuff go... there were a lot of non-calls both ways. The Oilers D need to watch Weber and mirror what he does... cross check everything that moves.

The Draisaitl call was complete bullshit after what they let go all game... and of course the Habs score on that cheap call.

It was not charging, not even close... and even if it were, that's not what the call on the ice was, so it's a bad call either way after all the crap they were letting go.

Reactions: Theodore450

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
nurse laid a handful of big hits tonight. ANd chiasson has been under their skin the last 2 games. I was expecting Archibald or Larsson to throw a big one or 2 to be honest
I'm talking about playing greasy hockey with slight hooking and s lot of hack and wack and crosschecking. Literally nobody does that on the oilers without taking a penalty and almost the entire Habs roster knows how to play that way without crossing the line. It's definitely a skill.

Reactions: Theodore450

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

They can win a series against any team in the North.

I think pretty much any of the top 4 teams could beat any of the 4 others come playoff time.

The Leafs are the top team for sure and the favourite, but they have flaws just like the other 3 teams.

Honestly a lot of it might come down to goaltending and whose best players play their best.

I don’t think any team in the North matches teams like Vegas, Tampa, Washington, Colorado, etc.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and ujju2

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Chicago had Kane and Toews. Montreal does nor have an equivalent of those guys.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
They can win a series against any team in the North.

I think pretty much any of the top 4 teams could beat any of the 4 others come playoff time.

The Leafs are the top team for sure and the favourite, but they have flaws just like the other 3 teams.

Honestly a lot of it might come down to goaltending and whose best players play their best.

I don’t think any team in the North matches teams like Vegas, Tampa, Washington, Colorado, etc.
It probably sounds cliché but it's going to come down to goaltending.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No one really expects them to take division.

Frankly, they're having an amazing year. The fans are enjoying it, it's good for them. They're playing like got nothing to lose, and will be a scary matchup for first round.
I think Vegas really doesn't want to play MN, as they have an awful record against them. VGK are better team, but MN just matches up well against them. CO used to have the same problem, but have been beating MN the past couple of years.

There is no doubt that the team that gets first place will have an easier matchup, unless STL finds themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad